Issues with new update and group goals

Comments

• M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I wondered how you were able to complete my goals all of a sudden! I am going to send messages to all my friends and see what happens! Thanks LadyinDenim!
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I had the same problem this morning. Gave up and didn't try again until tonight. I am having better luck now, but still getting the error on and off.
  • gordonnygordonny Registered Users 28 Posts
    I cannot create and join any group goals either since 20 Oct due to the "connection error".
    So I think my weekly group goals number will be dropped from +160 to Zero from this week. I really want to play but I can't.
    I can send in-game message and received hearts from hub friends, play the duels and access Market without problem *unless the special events on.

Also I sent a message to CC and they said they aware this issue (Some IOS or Android version got this problem), so we can only wait for their updates.

And I found that I can join group goals if I disconnect from FB, but then the friend list gone!!

Sorry my hub friends MamaT81 / M0M /ell bee / Leebra / SuFe2 and all others, not sure if you read my message here, but I can just sit and wait... :'(

in-game name : gordonny / Gordon Yuen
    (By the way I don't no why my in-game name changed to Gordon Yuen, so frustrating!!)
    gordonny
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys. Are you guys still encountering issues with the Group Goals? If so, please PM me your Chef Duel name so I can pass it along to the team. :( We're still trying to locate this issue and hope the new version will fix this. Thank you all for your patience.
    Hey all! There should be a new update for iOS users. If you guys upgrade, can you let me know if you still encounter issues with group goals?
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    DashingMike-prior to the update, I had no friend goals and was able to get one through the invite message, I updated and now have 10 or 11, including a few from people that I haven't seen since this problem started. Hoping this is fixed! Thank you!
  • ElloHElloH Registered Users 19 Posts
    I have not been able to join or create any group goal since the last update before this new one.
    After the update,it is still the same.
    Whenever I try to join or create a group goal,it says "Check Connection" even if I am connected to a strong WIFI since I can play duels and get access to the farm market.

Many of my friends in the social hub have removed me,but I am helpless since I cannot even tell them that I cannot complete any group goal due to bugs.
    Thanks to those who have kept me as friend.
    I really miss completing group goals.
    :(

Hoping that this glitch will be solved soon.
    I have the same problem with ELLoH, I cannot create or join group goals either after the new Mexico venue update.
    I am using Android. My hub friends keep sending the in-game message to me : "where are you? I miss you!"
    I cannot inform them that there are bugs too.

Seems they have fixed the bugs for IOS but not Android ??????
    gordonny
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited October 2017
    They haven't really fixed the bugs for iOS. Only for the first day of update's release was I able to again see a good number of group goals from my friends. I've seen fewer and fewer each day since then and now I can see only my own, Gordon's, and one other persons -- out of 40 friends! I know people are active in the hub because I'm getting hearts, messages, and friends are contributing to my goals. 

I'm not going to delete anyone else until these issues are resolved. For a long time I didn't even know that such glitches were occurring -- I knew about the stupid Check Network errors blocking access to social hub but I wasn't aware of the rampant invisibility issues. I regret that I did delete a couple of people who always completed a high number of GGs each week but never contributed to any of my goals and never appeared to create any I could complete. It never occurred to me that my goals were probably invisible to them and vise versa! Who would even imagine such a scenario? It's ludicrous!

In the meantime, I'm glad to have you back EllioH, and I'm not going to delete you Gordonny/yuen (or anyone else), and 2 spots opened up so I've sent invites out to you AmyYep (who fell off my list bc of that weird game bug) and Traffy (who I hated to delete but now that I know we probably just cannot see each other's goals, I feel even worse bc you'd been a friend since the beginning)! I'm really hoping that SOMEDAY they'll fix these problems and we'll all be able to see each other's goals again. I'd rather have proven, active and excellent friends so I'm willing to wait. ?

- SuFe718
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    I am also back to not seeing many. Still not seeing everyone and only had a couple active goals this morning. None of my friends completed my last goal. And now I can't join any due to connection errors. Was excited for a few hours, only to be let down again.
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    edited October 2017
     I am able to join GG for a select few

• AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    I can't tell you if my situation got better or not, I updated my game because I thought the update would solve my issues! It did! It erased everything! I sent a ticket to customer support and they responded that they restored my progress, but I tried it and I still have nothing open, restore didn't work. I sent another ticket but my guess is that I am screwed for at least the weekend! Nothing new, this game hates weekends! My apologies to friends! I would be doing goals if I could!
    Supreme Fettuccine I sent you a pm so you can see if you get them now! Now I understand why you never responded to mine before! Lol
    AmyYep said:
    Supreme Fettuccine I sent you a pm so you can see if you get them now! Now I understand why you never responded to mine before! Lol
    Yes, yay! I got your pm so looks like I can finally receive them like a normal forum member, lol! I'm sorry if you thought I was ignoring you before -- and I apologize to anyone else who sent me PMs in the old forum interface and never got a reply. You all must think me very rude ?

- SuFe718
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    Just wanted to let everybody on my friends list know that yet again, despite repeated attempts and despite being able to do everything else in the game, I am unable to join any group goals due to the usual "connection error".
    Guys I am no expert on tech! Which is massively understated! My son talks about bytes and I wonder who is chewing on the computer! But I don't recommend Uninstalling unless support tells you to! You may really cause an issue for yourself! Just IMHO
    Apologies to all of my friends -- I cannot create or join any group goals today (AGAIN)! Grrr! ?

- SuFe718
  • strawheartstrawheart Registered Users 20 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I see some familiar user names (my username is Traffy)! For leebra, I think I completed 1 of your goals last week? Beyond that I haven't seen any of your goals for a long time, figured it was a bug since I noticed you completing mine.

So now I have started having this problem as well. It started on Saturday for me. I was able to do some goals for a while yesterday but now it's back to the same thing where I can't create or join due to "connection errors." :neutral: I'm on android and have a Samsung Galaxy 8 Active.
    Hi Traffy! I'm SuFe2 -- I'm so glad to have you back on my friends list!

I'm on iPhone and still unable to see many goals and unable to complete almost everyone's that I CAN see except Gordon's. Since last week, I've also been unable to create goals myself about half the time and quite often they go uncompleted by others (even Easy ones), which is highly unusual and I'm sure due entirely to these game issues with the social hub.

So welcome to the broken-hearted players club, lol -- we're not a happy bunch! Support says they are "working tirelessly on a fix however are unable to provide a timeframe" for such an accomplishment. It does seem to be getting worse with the increasing popularity of the game (rather, the increase in players) and it appears that the troubles plague all platforms so they should have lots of incentive. 

- SuFe718
    Traffic I'm AmyYep. Oh hell autodummy strikes again! Traffy not traffic! Lol I have a Gift if you would like, check your private messages.
    Hey guys! Thanks for helping me while I figure this out. I have a theory that I'm hoping to try out. Can you try logging out of Facebook to see if you're able to access the goals?
  • ElloHElloH Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hello there!
    DashingMike,I have just signed out of facebook and tried to create a group goal,but it still says "Check connection".Unluckily,it did not work.

SuFe,I was really happy when you added me again.Many of my friends have removed me since the group goal issue as I have not been able to complete any.It was nice to have you back.In fact,I have not added other friends or readded my friends again since I would not be able to be complete group goals.

I am sorry since I am helpless and cannot be active in the social hub apart from completing Gordon's group goal.Thanks to all the friends who are still keeping me in their friend list despite the bug.I hope you see my post here since it is not possible to say all this within the game.
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    Hey Traffy, no for a while it seems friends couldn't see mine so I've stopped creating them for now. I've been trying to join some in the past few hours but haven't been successful, still getting the dreaded 'connection error'.
  • DolisDolis Registered Users 28 Posts
    I still have connection error issue,can olnly see Gordon's gols and can not create mine.
    I have contacted customer support but I have received usual general responce-wi fi issues,etc.
    edited November 2017
    I know, Traffy -- I wish they'd add a "Sorry, having issues with Group Goals, please don't delete me!" message within the game. I'd even be willing to give up several of the others if they for some reason have a limit on in-game responses! :)

PS: I'm glad to have you back on my list too!

- SuFe718
    Dashing Mike, no luck with signing in and out of Facebook. Still have problems with seeing group goals and joining, but I do notice that on the weekends when there is more traffic and more players on that the problem gets much worse. And just fyi, alot of us know about signing in and out of Facebook and try it when we have issues without success.
    Yes, weekends are worse, now starting Thurs night and getting progressively worse -- it's now nearly impossible to complete goals on Sundays before reset! Special Events also wreak havoc on the social hub and when weekends and special events collide, well, may as well forget the hub altogether and even dueling is dangerous because of unstable connections and lags. 

I have cellular turned off for this game, my wifi and device specs far exceed game recommendations, I restart my device multiple times per day exclusively for this game to run more smoothly (to clear memory stubs, per Support), and I have nothing open in the background. Not to mention all the other players experiencing the very same obstacles. In other words, it's not me, it's glu. 

None of these issues exists last year at this time when this was still a new game with a smaller player base, fewer venues, and no social hub. I'm not suggesting that Glu should go backwards to less rich game content but it does seem as though something on your end is simply unable to support all that content for the numbers of your current player base. I don't know much about game tech but it seems to me that adding more or better servers to handle the actual load of gamers during peak surge times would be a good start! To barely handle the average player load and routinely, absolutely predictably, suffer serious server/network connection problems EVERY weekend and/or special event is quite irritating -- mostly because an overload issue seems fixable. 

I undestand that that there is likely more than JUST an overload issue occurring within the social hub. The Check Network error can happen anytime, out of the blue, and last for minutes, hours, or days. But the weekends and special events are, as I wrote above, quite predictably, times when the social hub will have errors, either affecting some goals/friends or making the whole area (except Gordon's goals) nonfunctional. 

- SuFe718
    Hello SuFe2, Leebra, Traffy~
    I am back! I can join and create GG if I log out Facebook!!
    But I am wondering if my hub friends can see my GG.
    After doing some testing (login and out Facebook with dual username issue)

gordonny

PS: "Gordon Yuen" is also my username if I login FB, not sure why I got 2 username/dual account. :|
    gordonny
  • strawheartstrawheart Registered Users 20 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for sending me a PM AmyYep! :smiley:
    I know, Traffy -- I wish they'd add a "Sorry, having issues with Group Goals, please don't delete me!"
    I know! lol My current friend list is really active so it's not really an issue if some people aren't as active because of bug issues.
    PS: "Gordon Yuen" is also my username if I login FB, not sure why I got 2 username/dual account.
    Sorry, I removed you accidentally before because of this lol I was like "I never added this person *removes*...wait..."

Ok, so I'm able to create/join goals again (even if I get the error sometimes), but I'm experiencing something new.

Today I created a goal to serve x VIP 10 times, you need 4 users (including yourself) to complete the goal right? Another user and me had completed the goal, and someone else was working on it. I decided to use hearts to ask Flo for help just in case and had like 3 more hours to complete the goal. All I needed was one more user to complete my goal. You know how you get extra hearts from users that complete your goal? I saw that 2 other users (including the one that was previously working on it) had completed my goal; however, this wasn't being recorded to my group goal. Ultimately the time expired and my group goal wasn't reached (though it technically was...). I think this may have happened yesterday for an easier goal, but I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or what. Anyone else experience this?
    Traffy hope the pm helps, feel free to pm me anytime! I have had the same problem with goals being done, but no luck getting credit reward! Try screenshots of your goal after you tap on it so you can see who and how many completed and then screenshot of messages giving you hearts for creator bonus and notification of that person completing goal and send to support. May help them fix issue or at least compensate you!