Issues with new update and group goals

124Next

Comments

• strawheartstrawheart Registered Users 20 Posts
    Thank you so much for the PM AmYep! :smiley:
    I know, Traffy -- I wish they'd add a "Sorry, having issues with Group Goals, please don't delete me!" message within the game.
    I know! lol My list is pretty active, so it's not that much of an issue if some of my friends aren't as active because of bugs. Really, if I know you're experiencing issues, I wouldn't remove you, I would even make sure your still on my list. /trauma from that bug that would kick me off everyone's friends list/
    PS: "Gordon Yuen" is also my username if I login FB, not sure why I got 2 username/dual account.
    I removed you accidentally because of this lol I was like "I don't remember adding this person *removes* ...wait..."

So I'm able to create/join goals now (though I still get "connection" errors), but I experience something new today.

I created a goal to serve a VIP dish 10 times, you need 4 users (including yourself) to complete it right? Well, me and another user completed the goal and I saw someone that was working on it. I decided to ask help from Flo just in case I ran out of time. So I only needed 1 more person to finish the goal within 3 hours. You know how you receive extra hearts from people that complete your goal? Well, I saw that 2 more people had finished it, including the person that I last saw working on it. The issue was that it wasn't being recorded to the the group goal (it still showed only 2 completions and 1 in progress, when 5 people had completed the goal). Ultimately the goal expired and wasn't completed, even though it technically was..
    Anyone experience this as well?
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys. Sorry that this is still an ongoing issue and the logging out of Facebook didn't help. Any additional information you can provide will help me a ton.

1. For players who are seeing the network errors in Social, have you been unable to create any Goals, join any Goals, since two updates ago or does the network error happen intermittently.
    2. Is the creating goal associated with the network error? Does the network error happen every time you create a goal?
    3. Any additional patterns you've seen with the network errors even though you're able to access Farmer's Market and Chef Duels. I believe it was mentioned that it happens more on the weekends. Have you noticed anything else?

Thanks for writing in and helping me try to pin this down!
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I suggest the devs simply play the game using each platform.  They will see for themselves.
    @LadyinDenim Thanks for the suggestion! The team has been trying to reproduce this since two versions ago but have been unable to reproduce the issue, sadly. Thankfully we have a great community that's been helpful in helping us try to pin this down. :) If you have any information that you can provide, we'd be super grateful.
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    @DashingMike i can report that group goals are working for me again and things appear to be generally faster and more responsive, also an old duel that had been "stuck" on my list for months has finally been awarded to me
    @Leebra Awesome! Glad to hear it's working well for you! Hopefully these issues that are happening to our players can respond back so I can try to pinpoint it more. Thanks for all of your guy's help!
  • ElloHElloH Registered Users 19 Posts
    @DashingMike
    Unluckily on my side,
    1. I have been unable to create or join group goals at all(apart from that of Gordon) since two updates ago.
    2. When I hit the join/create goal,"Check connection" appears every time.
    3. I am facing this all the time,even during normal play without events.
    Thanks to you!
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    @DashingMike: It seems intermittent for me and, yes, it also began two updates ago. I'm on iOS and the latest update improved things for about 36 hrs but by now it's right back to where it was before.

I do notice a pronounced decline in hub performance during weekends (leading up to Chef rank reset) and during special events.

On regular days: Some days, even hour to hour, I can see only 4-5 GGs while at other times there are 12-15 showing. Again, I have 40 highly-active friends -- the majority of us were completing between 100-200 GGs per week before these issues began. So I suspect the reduction in available goals is a combo of my problems and other people's problems with the hub in general.

Regardless of how many GGs are -showing-, I am not always able to join them. I can always join Gordon's goals. There are some friend's goals that I can almost always join. Others, I can rarely join anymore, almost always getting the Check Connection error (yet I can join another person's goal no problem without quitting game, toggling WiFi, or performing any other special maneuvers)! I no longer see any goals from some people (such as my friends EllioH and Traffy/Strawheart) but they may have temporarily stopped creating goals altogether because of these frustrating issues. Also, many friend's goals will not show up on the main page at all; I'm only notified if they send me a help request. Conversely, several other friend's goals will show up on main goals page UNLESS they've sent me a help request, and then I'll only find their goals under the messages tab. I have no idea why there would be such a wide variety of availability/unavailability situations!

I have noticed no pattern regarding creating my own goals. Just, sometimes I can and sometimes I cannot (due to Connection errors). *shrug*

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that ought to be enough to keep you busy for awhile! 

- SuFe718
    Thanks for all this information. It really does help. For players who are still encountering issues with not seeing the Group Goals of your friends, please send in a ticket to Customer Care and write "Pass this to DashingMike". I'll take a look at the tickets and have our development team take a look.
  • nicoyitanicoyita Registered Users 2 Posts

Apologies to all of my friends -- I cannot create or join any group goals today (AGAIN)! Grrr! ?

Apologies to all of my friends -- I cannot create or join any group goals today (AGAIN)! Grrr! ?

Thanks for sending me a PM AmyYep! :smiley:

I know, Traffy -- I wish they'd add a "Sorry, having issues with Group Goals, please don't delete me!"
    I know! lol My current friend list is really active so it's not really an issue if some people aren't as active because of bug issues.
    PS: "Gordon Yuen" is also my username if I login FB, not sure why I got 2 username/dual account.
    Sorry, I removed you accidentally before because of this lol I was like "I never added this person *removes*...wait..."

Ok, so I'm able to create/join goals again (even if I get the error sometimes), but I'm experiencing something new.

Today I created a goal to serve x VIP 10 times, you need 4 users (including yourself) to complete the goal right? Another user and me had completed the goal, and someone else was working on it. I decided to use hearts to ask Flo for help just in case and had like 3 more hours to complete the goal. All I needed was one more user to complete my goal. You know how you get extra hearts from users that complete your goal? I saw that 2 other users (including the one that was previously working on it) had completed my goal; however, this wasn't being recorded to my group goal. Ultimately the time expired and my group goal wasn't reached (though it technically was...). I think this may have happened yesterday for an easier goal, but I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or what. Anyone else experience this?

I know, Traffy -- I wish they'd add a "Sorry, having issues with Group Goals, please don't delete me!"
    I know! lol My current friend list is really active so it's not really an issue if some people aren't as active because of bug issues.
    Sorry, I removed you accidentally before because of this lol I was like "I never added this person *removes*...wait..."

Ok, so I'm able to create/join goals again (even if I get the error sometimes), but I'm experiencing something new.

Today I created a goal to serve x VIP 10 times, you need 4 users (including yourself) to complete the goal right? Another user and me had completed the goal, and someone else was working on it. I decided to use hearts to ask Flo for help just in case and had like 3 more hours to complete the goal. All I needed was one more user to complete my goal. You know how you get extra hearts from users that complete your goal? I saw that 2 other users (including the one that was previously working on it) had completed my goal; however, this wasn't being recorded to my group goal. Ultimately the time expired and my group goal wasn't reached (though it technically was...). I think this may have happened yesterday for an easier goal, but I wasn't sure if it was a fluke or what. Anyone else experience this?

• nicoyitanicoyita Registered Users 2 Posts
    I thought I was the only one experiencing problems completing Group Goals from my iPad. I am not able to create or contribute to any one's GG except Gordon's. I keep getting a "CHECK CONNECTION" message. Have contacted support numerous times to only gets reply from the, to check my network connection and speed.
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    I am still not seeing many group goals. Some of my friends have 100+ goals this week and I have not seen one from them. I have only completed 20 and a few of those were my own. Right now, I only have one friend showing up with a goal. Multiple times this week, I have had none (or only1-2 in venues I don't have open yet, so I'm stuck with nothing at all). I sent another message to customer care with the message to forward to dashingmike.
    Hey guys! If you guys are still encountering lack of group goals from your friends even though you know they have a group goal, please PM me.