Network error for duels and Chef Arena

Anyone else been unable to access duels or Chef Arena? For the last 2-3 days I have continuously received a network error when I try to start any duels. Customer care has not been very responsive...
Prev13

Comments

• Chef SabinaChef Sabina Registered Users 3 Posts
    Yes, I have had the same problem for almost a week. They said the designers are working on it. I am forfeiting duels right and left and there is nothing I can do about it. Hope they figure it out soon.
  • sumagusumagu Registered Users 13 Posts
    I know, it's very frustrating to watch my rank plummet. And ironically, this weekend is free duels. The forfeits are going to get even worse!
    I know. The irony was not lost on me either.
  • CkilboyCkilboy Registered Users 1 Posts
    Having the same issue! I've done all the troubleshooting they've suggested and still nothing. Gordon is not happy with me constantly forfeiting. I'm not either. I'm back down to being a new trainee. Sigh.
  • HarebearzHarebearz Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have been unable to duel for about four days. Network error message. There is no network error. Every other aspect of the game works fine. Very frustrating. Forfeiting left and right plus I can't join the duel related group goals because I can't duel. Sigh..... please fix.
    I am curious. Do any of you have a past duel stuck in the list of duels. There has been one which timed out in my list for weeks. The name is cucusa. I cannot click on it or get rid of it.
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    Chef Sabina - I have four that won't clear from my list. It is a common problem shared by most of us.
  • gordonnygordonny Registered Users 28 Posts
    Sigh... I now have 7 duels stuck in my list since the weekend free token duel event. I know that I win 6 of them but I did not get the duel point until today. It won't clear the list and just showing "their turn" for 4-5 days. :( 
    gordonny
  • HarebearzHarebearz Registered Users 2 Posts
    It's been over a week now. No Duels.....rank is gone. Very frustrating. 
    Are any of you playing the Amazon version? Their version is not the current version.

Customer Care told me to upgrade to latest version. I told them that Amazon doesn't offer it. They basically told me: too bad, so sad, no updates expected for Amazon/Kindle. Like, ever. Tried downloading from Play Store on another device, but most of my friends disappeared... I am to the point of giving up on this game, duels and Chef Arena were kind of the best part for me.
  • Jen1016Jen1016 Registered Users 30 Posts
    I am curious. Do any of you have a past duel stuck in the list of duels. There has been one which timed out in my list for weeks. The name is cucusa. I cannot click on it or get rid of it.

I have a couple that have been there at least two months. Another almost as long and yet another from today. All of these were challenges that I won and never received credit. I also had one the other day that just disappeared from my screen and list after I played without any points or credit. Extra frustrating when I use boosts for nothing. Every response from GLU is either restart your game and such or we are aware and working on it.
  • JenRebLibJenRebLib Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi! I am brand new here. I am having similar problems. Heres part of what I sent to glu today....for like the 6th time....just so I don't have to retype

I have a brand new Amazon Fire Tablet that has only been used for GRD and one other game. I have a 16 gig sd card installed just for extra storage. I am connected to my homes 5G wifi. There are no other devices connected to this password protected wifi network, I am the sole user and this tablet is the only device connected. I have checked the signal strength and download and upload speed. Everything is at least 2-3 times faster then what was stated as required for good game play in the FAQ.

Here are the problems I am having:

1) Unable to make purchases. No coins, no gold. When the screen pops up to purchase something, lets say gold, the prices do not show just empty yellow boxes below photos of various amounts of gold. Once I click on the yellow box where the price would be nothing happens. The screen just stalls out and I can't exit out, I have to click on the bottom of my tablet to go to the previous page or exit out of the game and restart.

2) Unable to participate in chef duels. This is weird, because I can do every other wifi-enabled feature like sending hearts, group goals, free play or special events, sending messages, etc with no problem. I can access the Chef Duels page, purchase items with my tickets, see my scores/ranking, etc. However, when I try to duel someone or respond to a duel a pop up comes up saying "check your network connection!"

I did want to note that on my other game by a different company (gardenscapes) I am still able to make purchases and use features that require wifi. These issues are isolated to GRD solely.

Things I have done to try to remedy these issues:

1) Purchased a separate home wifi connection for this game alone, high speed 5g connection.
    2) Forced closed the app
    3) Added a 16gig memory card for space
    4) Made sure EVERYTHING on this tablet is up to date
    5) Close everything else but GRD
    6) Tried 5g home wifi. Regular home wifi. Starbucks wifi. My cell phones hotspot, my friends house....etc
  • Meg WhiteMeg White Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having the same problem with duels on my fire. It's been weeks. I have tried everything and there has been no solution. I was notified that customer care is aware of the problem but nothing further. Its really annoying because that is a big part of the game.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    @JenRebLib Are you still having issues with being unable to purchase items in Kindle? If so, can you please PM me so I can try to figure out what's going on? Thanks!
  • CathyGCathyG Registered Users 10 Posts
    Same problem with duels.  Sucks since my favorite venue is Chef Arena.  Can someone let us know that you are working on this issue?  I have stopped purchasing gold since I'm not enjoying the game without Chef Arena as part of it and I can rarely complete my daily goals since duels are often included in them.
    Hey guys! Sorry to hear that this is an ongoing issue. We tried to fix some things over the weekend for Chef Duels. Can you let me know if Chef Duels has less connection errors?
    Hi Dashing Mike. Good to hear that the developers are trying to resolve this. I don't see any improvements though. I still cannot duel or play Chef Arena on my Kindle Fire. 
  • noTAURIEousnoTAURIEous Registered Users 1 Posts
    I too am having the same problems on my Fire tablet,  seriously annoying...
  • Ethel MDEthel MD Registered Users 8 Posts

Hey guys! Sorry to hear that this is an ongoing issue. We tried to fix some things over the weekend for Chef Duels. Can you let me know if Chef Duels has less connection errors?

I am using Android and my chef duels still won't download and stuck at 62.5% for over a week now. My bandwidth and storage exceed the requirements for the game as support keeps telling me that my bandwidth isn't sufficient. Very frustrating.
  • RLT1027RLT1027 Registered Users 1 Posts
    This has been going on for weeks on my kindle fire. I have gigabit Ethernet at home and work in IT with gigabit WiFi at work and I just keep seeing the same error. I've tried at other locations and it's only this game that has the issue. I am down to an enthusiast and just keep watching my ranking plummet. 
    Sounds like this might be a issue exclusive to Kindle Fire?  On mine, it is now at least attempting to connect whereas before I would just instantly get the no connection message when I tried to enter a duel.
  • Ethel MDEthel MD Registered Users 8 Posts
    I am using Android and I have the same issue.
  • Gemma909Gemma909 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hey Developers,
    Can we get an update on when this might be fixed? You're working on it, right??
    Hey there. Seems like this is affecting the Kindle users the most. I've passed all this information to the development team and hope that they'll be able to resolve this. Thanks for being patient.
  • Gemma909Gemma909 Registered Users 2 Posts

Hey there. Seems like this is affecting the Kindle users the most. I've passed all this information to the development team and hope that they'll be able to resolve this. Thanks for being patient.

For what it's worth, I have an Android. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game. I'd probably spend a ridiculous amount more, but not until y'all get it fixed.
    Seems weird that in 2017 this is so hard to fix.
    Oh, yay, free duels coming up.  Except not.  UGH!
  • ChiefcookChiefcook Registered Users 10 Posts
    I've also started to have network errors and even when I get onto the duels page, I am getting an error when I try to start a duel. Doubly frustrating as there are free duels and I'm trying to get to the next level before the time runs out today.

• scjohnsscjohns Registered Users 1 Posts
    So, before today, I simply couldn't duel, but at least I could get into the duels page and buy things with tickets. NOW I can't even get into the duels page at all. Out of the blue, starting today. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I spend a lot of money on this game.......
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Ditto. This issue hasn't happened for me in many months -- all the problems have been with the group goals -- but now that area is fine and the whole duel space is kaput!

And, yes, of course it had to happen just hours before rank reset during a free duels event! ?

- SuFe718