Revise the cost for Serve 10 group goals

I think the developers should revise the cost of group goals where you need to serve the same recipe 10x to get a reward of 6 gold. Instead of putting in 2 gold, it should be 60 hearts instead. Technically since you put in 2 gold and get back 6 gold, your reward is only 4 gold but you have to serve a recipe 10 times, which means having to use that same boost at least 5 times (assuming you are able to serve the recipe twice per play). Compare this to the group goals for serving a recipe only 6 times (at least 3 times using the same boost)  to get 3 gold at a cost of 20 hearts.
So in one case you have to use minimum 5 of the same boosts to get only 4 gold, yet in the other case you use only minimum of 3 boosts to get 3 gold, although you spend 20 hearts to do so. So for me, the time I have to wait to prep 3 hour recipes due to using them all up in a serve 10 group goal isn't worth getting only 4 gold, when I can otherwise spend only 3 boosts to get 3 gold. This is probably also why most players refuse to join Serve 10 goals requiring 3 hour recipe boosts, and mostly only join serve 10 Laguna Burger goals or the other shorter prep time goals. Now if the cost of Serve 10 goals were 60 hearts instead of 2 gold, then the reward would actually be 6 gold and make it more worth it. 

The downside of my suggestion though is that 60 hearts is still 3 times more hearts than what I would spend for a Serve 6 goal. So if my suggestion was implemented, we'd spend 60 hearts to get 6 gold in a Serve 10 goal, as opposed to spending only 20 hearts to get 3 gold in a Serve 6 goal. 

Either way, I still see Serve 6 goals as being more worth it than Serve 10 goals. Especially since the game is still very buggy and sometimes when I'm not connected to the same wifi, my goal disappears halfway through while waiting for my recipes to prep. So I waste 2 gold as I'm unable to complete the Serve 10 goal coz of the stupid bugs of the game. 

All in all, you guys should think of a way to make Serve 10 goals more worth our time and effort, in addition to fixing the disappearing goal bug. 

Comments

• LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I like having the option to join a hard goal using gold instead of hearts, because sometimes I run out of hearts.  I agree a net gain of 4 gold is too low for expending 5 boosts.  A net gain of 6 gold would be much better.

I have 5 GG on my board right now, all wanting me to serve the VIP 10 times.  No thanks.
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Yes, this!! I hope the creators are listening in here. 4net gold for a serve 10 goal is just not enough. I never play these and delete friends that create them constantly. 
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    While I understand your point, the way I see it is that those players posting those goals are thinking about the 10 gold reward they will receive if their friends do the right thing and help out. Yes you will be down 5 dishes but if you post a similar goal at a later date they'll be more inclined to help you back and then you will get 10 gold too!
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm helping my virtual friends achieve 'their' goals and certainly not thinking about what I will get.
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I have over a thousand gold and under 1500 coins.  If I am flush with boosts, I might help out.  Otherwise, boosts = coin expenditure.
    I have over a thousand gold and under 1500 coins.  If I am flush with boosts, I might help out.  Otherwise, boosts = coin expenditure.
    Why so few coins? I have 2.7million coins that I'll never get low on. 
    Spend some time buying cheap produce and reselling at a higher price!  :D
    I really wish I could convert coins to gold or gold to coins though.
  • naeemngnaeemng Registered Users 9 Posts
    edited November 2017
    ChefWreck said:

I really wish I could convert coins to gold or gold to coins though

How the heck did you get so many coins? Some kind of cheat?
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited December 2017
    naeemng said:
    Play a LOT of episodes, sell a lot of products in the market for max price (note: Ginger rarely sells high), and you can bank a lot of coins.

If you have tickets, and are strapped for coins, you can buy up to 15k each week in the chef showcase store. Many people disagree with me on this but I believe it's a good way early on to get gold and coins when you need them more than you may need the tickets, esp now that tickets are easier to get through GGs. 

Play as many episodes as possible during Free Play events. You can select the ones where your prior scores are highest, those will probably be your biggest coin-earning episodes (even if you'd used boosts previously) and replay those repeatedly. 

Use laguna burger and cioppino boosts (esp if you have amassed some by completing GGs) for extra coin, and sometimes gold, drops, especially during events which increase drops. 

Also, remember, unfortunately, you don't get to keep the coins you earn during duels so that is not a for-coin-profit activity. 

- SuFe718
    naeemng said:
    Lol like @SupremeFettucine said, play a ton of levels and sell a lot of produce! S6E10 of Delish and Chips nets me around 2k coins every time I play (without boosts). But I honestly just play constantly and sell all the produce I get for high prices and only buy it for cheap. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll sit and buy/sell for half an hour.. I can usually make around 20-50k coins in that time. :)
    My best farm market tips are to focus on chicken (buy when you see it around 325c) beef (buy around 150c) and marscapone (buy at around 250c) if you flip them at full price you'll get yourself several hundred coins each time. Salmon and Chile peppers can also be flipped for big profits but take longer to sell imo.
    Things to avoid buying because they don't sell fast are definitely ginger, sugar and parsley. I usually discard these if I can't use them right away.
    Tomatoes and garlic sell extremely fast but don't net you much profit, onions and carrots sell a little slower and again not much profit. Hope this helps you gain some $$$ :)
  • gingerjaegingerjae Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Oh my gosh. I always sell my ingredients at the lowest price and usually in small quantities because I hate it when I need something from the market and people are only selling at max prices and/or in quantities way over what I need. I figure for most recipes people need like one carrot or garlic, not five, and they'll be grateful to buy one or two without having to spend much. I usually collect on the items multiple times because more than one person bought it while it was available. I thought that meant my theory was right.
    Now I know I've just been giving it to people who are going to sell it back at way higher prices, defeating the purpose of my nice gesture to make more money. That makes me sad. Is that just America?
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    gingerjae said:
    Oh my gosh. I always sell my ingredients at the lowest price and usually in small quantities because I hate it when I need something from the market and people are only selling at max prices and/or in quantities way over what I need. I figure for most recipes people need like one carrot or garlic, not five, and they'll be grateful to buy one or two without having to spend much. I usually collect on the items multiple times because more than one person bought it while it was available. I thought that meant my theory was right. Now I know I've just been giving it to people who are going to sell it back at way higher prices, defeating the purpose of my nice gesture to make more money. That makes me sad. Is that just America?
    Don't get depressed! Not everyone buys and resells for profit. It's a free market system so people can do what they wish, within the game's pricing parameters, but everyone games differently. For example, I only sell the extra items I get from my bonus boxes, usually at a high price but not always; I buy what I need usually only at low prices good but, again, not always. I, personally, don't care about amassing more coins. I play enough that I finally have plenty banked -- especially now that there are no new venues to upgrade.

- SuFe718