Grandma Boss in Chef Arena

What types of rewards are people getting from Grandma? Trying to decide if I want to upgrade Chef Arena before finishing off Dubai and Singapore.

Comments

• dcesq06dcesq06 Registered Users 29 Posts
    Same here. Doesn't seem worth it unless she is regularly giving gold or VIP dishes, which I doubt.
  • Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Flo usually gives 3x either shepherds pie or cioppino for me! I've found the chef arena boxes are way better than the other ones. But if I'm gonna invest gold to beat grandma at nearly 100%, I need her to give back gold.
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    I only just beat grandma last week, but can't remember exactly what I got. I do remember it be worse than what I got from Flo.

I agree though, the boxes in chef arena are much better than the daily ones
  • Two2Two2 Registered Users 67 Posts
    I've beaten Grandma about 10 times. From what I remember the prizes are similar to Flo's. I've never had gold from her. Sometimes they give tickets (usually pink).

I decided to upgrade so I could beat Gordon and win gold tickets so I can buy autochefs with tickets in the duelling shop and save my gold bars for upgrades.

You don't need to upgrade to 100℅ to win. I'm under that and I can beat Grandma & Gordon. It takes a few attempts but it is doable. I use boosters - I have 2 slots open - but I have beaten Gordon without boosters.

Unless you want a PvP duel advantage I'd advise you to upgrade things one by one until you start beating the bosses. Starting with upgrading the food. My food is at 100℅ but I've not fully upgraded the grill, the sous vide, the drinks maker or that brown thing. Not have I fully upgraded the décor. And I only have 2 booster slots open.
  • M0MM0M Registered Users 122 Posts
    I beat Grandma for the first time today and got 2 pink tickets.
    Today I got:
    Helga - coins (can't remember how many)
    Flo - 3 x shepherd's pie
    Paola - 10 gold bars (!)
    Grandma - 5 blue tickets
  • MommarobinMommarobin Registered Users 59 Posts
    I once got 44 gold from Helga. I was shocked!

Hasnt happened again, though :(
  • Chefkitkat16Chefkitkat16 Registered Users 28 Posts
    This is all very helpful, thanks!!!! I'll probably finish restaurants before dumping additional gold into Chef Arena!!
  • broilmebkbroilmebk Registered Users 132 Posts
    It's such a huge investment. I stopped advancing the restaurants so I could use that gold to upgrade chef arena. I'd rather get the rewards now and save up
  • brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    I can't be bothered with Chef Arena except to get the 3 gold
    This weeks prizes for me were:
    Helena - 3 gold bars
    Flo - 2 colossal calzone
    Paola - coins
    Grandma - 8 blue tickets
    I've changed my tune, having a little more gold and little interest in Ethiopia, I've been gradually upgrading the arena, and then this week the Autochef was up in the store, and I had the 15 gold tickets, so now I'm working on Chef arena lol

What are you finding give you the best chance to beat Gordon? I currently have 58% appliance, 72% food and 78% decor, and I'm at Grandma for the first time ever. (the scores to beat are so variable! I lost to Paola when she got 1050, tied her at 770 and beat her when she had 775.

And what boosts are best? I've been using fast feet and extra time
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    Fast Feet, Rush Hour, and Cheers 
    I only have the two prep slots.. I'm assuming with Cheers you'll want fully upgraded wine
    Ok, with only fast feet and cheers, and three attempts this morning (1575, 1430 and then 1130) I beat Gordon for the first time :) Very much looking forward to the gold tickets each week, and not spending gold on autochefs anymore
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    Congrats!
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I use fast feet and rush hour and am not fully upgraded , food is my most upgraded ,and beat Gordon every week usually on the first try. I best thing I did was buy the chef arena auto chef when it was in sale. Now I get at least 3 gold tickets , a week, 2 from Gordon from the chef arena and one for dueling and sometimes another from the social hub rewards or the wishlen boxes. Now I can get a free auto chef every 3 weeks with gold tickets. I have not spent a dime on this game and because of the chef arena have been able to get auto chefs for all my open venues and have plenty of supplies and gold.
  • Iveyamy19Iveyamy19 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Has anyone beat gordon Ramsay without auto chef?..i beat it for the first time with fast feet,  rush hour and auto chef vips..so when
  • punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    I can beat Gordon with Fast Feet and Rush Hour only (I haven't opened the third slot in Chef Arena, too expensive).
  • petesahutttpetesahuttt Registered Users 13 Posts
    edited November 2017
    1 time I got 100 gold from Grandma, but the last couple have been awful, 2 onions and 3 parsley. That made me pretty angry with grandma
    NVM, the gold came from one of the mystery box drops from the Chef Arena, not from Grandma
  • hnacksonhnackson Registered Users 38 Posts
    This is all very helpful, thanks!!!! I'll probably finish restaurants before dumping additional gold into Chef Arena!!
    The best thing I did was upgrade chef arena so I could beat Gordon. The greatest benefit is the ability to get 2 gold tickets a week. This enables you to save up enough tickets to buy autochefs. I refuse to buy them with gold any more. I save my gold for upgrading restaurants. I wish someone would have told me that early on because I probably spent more money than I should for gold in order to get the auto chef for a few venues.

As for prizes in the chef arena. I’ve won a variety of them. I even won 100 gold once! However usually it is tickets or ingredients, but sometimes you do win something worthwhile. 

Also I do find adding the third slot in all venues is useful if you play duels a lot. It does help you win. I don’t even play duels really to “win” per se but the VIPS tend to drop more gold there. Three vip slots increases those odds, plus even if I lose I get a ticket which I can be used for something I need eventually. 
    I can see myself getting impatient waiting for a new restaurant's autochef to come available in the store..

Just came to tell about my last 10 minutes on GRD. Beat Paola and got 30 gold from the mystery box, then beat Grandma and got a gold ticket from her.. now it's on to Gordon for two more!

last week I even got a gold ticket from the Wishelin inspector.
    today I got 100 gold for beating Paola, woooooooooooooooT