Is too many additional customers good?

I try to get 100% all upgrades - appliance, food, decor (why dont they have rewards for achieving this?) but as i get closer to that in Muertos decor I find it almost impossible to serve all customers. What's the point of giving options to add more customers but the timer doesnt increase? Essentially the first few additional ones help in your stars but after that it's just a waste of coins and gold. BBB and PP with max decor allows me to serve all customers without boosts. Anyone with similar experience in Muertos or other venues?

Comments

• AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    Muertos and Canadian restaurant are the hardest ones, even with Autochef and boosts they kicked my chef arse to the curb!
  • FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    Upgrading your decor to add more customers is just a waste of gold and coins. The only thing I really upgrade in decor is eat speed and max tips.
  • Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts
    I don't get why would you want to make the game harder for yourself
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Well, in some venues you need more coin profit than 3 VIP boosts, plus a free Happy Hour event, plus max food/tips upgrades will yield if you wish to achieve 5-star gold status. You do have to be careful though, not to do it too quickly, getting yourself into a situation where you just cannot serve everyone towards the end. I recommend running through all the episodes several times before you start adding customers (other than for max tips; I usually end up also fully upgrading counter/eat speed by the end but not always -- every venue has a different balance of requirements), if you're chasing 5-star gold. Oftentimes you'll be able to go back and complete episodes (with or without VIP boosts) which seemed so difficult after playing the more advanced seasons for awhile. Only add customers if you need the coins to reach profit goal if you're after the gold achievement. 

@Salmon roll: The other reason to add customers is that after a while of playing the same epis over and over, you begin to "learn" them and can serve all customers easily bc you know the meal pattern by heart. Adding customers increases the challenge which is good both for earning coins and keeping up skills to be duel-ready.

That mastery may never happen in the aptly-named Muertos though, which still seems a very difficult venue! I always feel like I'm constantly running in inefficient circles there more than in other venues (plus, that autochef is hilariously distracting). 

- SuFe718
  • Salmon rollSalmon roll Registered Users 106 Posts

Well, in some venues you need more coin profit than 3 VIP boosts, plus a free Happy Hour event, plus max food/tips upgrades will yield if you wish to achieve 5-star gold status. You do have to be careful though, not to do it too quickly, getting yourself into a situation where you just cannot serve everyone towards the end. I recommend running through all the episodes several times before you start adding customers (other than for max tips; I usually end up also fully upgrading counter/eat speed by the end but not always -- every venue has a different balance of requirements), if you're chasing 5-star gold. Oftentimes you'll be able to go back and complete episodes (with or without VIP boosts) which seemed so difficult after playing the more advanced seasons for awhile. Only add customers if you need the coins to reach profit goal if you're after the gold achievement. 

@Salmon roll: The other reason to add customers is that after a while of playing the same epis over and over, you begin to "learn" them and can serve all customers easily bc you know the meal pattern by heart. Adding customers increases the challenge which is good both for earning coins and keeping up skills to be duel-ready.

That mastery may never happen in the aptly-named Muertos though, which still seems a very difficult venue! I always feel like I'm constantly running in inefficient circles there more than in other venues (plus, that autochef is hilariously distracting). 

I see, because in Cooking Dash, there are only 4 décor upgrades ( 5 if you count increasing the maximum amount of seats) and none of them increase customer count.
  • maccakaymaccakay Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I am in a very similar situation with Delish n Chips!!!!! I’ve even put in a complaint, haha. I have added 9 extra customers without even thinking about the consequences due to trying to do upgrades to get stars!! Stupid thing is I can hit 5 starts now half way through, all those extra customers are doing nothing but stopping me serving them all! Sick as a chip! I even paid for happy hour so I could give myself extra time, didn’t bloody realise until now that that also added 3 extra customers!!!!! 😕 so to sum up, I have max upgrades, happy hour and I always use fast feet and extra time, and I’m still only about 2 3rds of the way there in getting all customers served in all levels!! I want them to downgrade me and take some customers away! Decor upgrades should come with a warning and I WILL not make that mistake again.....didn’t happen in Big Bay Burgers but I think that’s an easier restaurant being the first one and all!
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited February 2018
    maccakay said:

I am in a very similar situation with Delish n Chips!!!!! I’ve even put in a complaint, haha. I have added 9 extra customers without even thinking about the consequences due to trying to do upgrades to get stars!! Stupid thing is I can hit 5 starts now half way through, all those extra customers are doing nothing but stopping me serving them all! Sick as a chip! I even paid for happy hour so I could give myself extra time, didn’t bloody realise until now that that also added 3 extra customers!!!!! 😕 so to sum up, I have max upgrades, happy hour and I always use fast feet and extra time, and I’m still only about 2 3rds of the way there in getting all customers served in all levels!! I want them to downgrade me and take some customers away! Decor upgrades should come with a warning and I WILL not make that mistake again.....didn’t happen in Big Bay Burgers but I think that’s an easier restaurant being the first one and all!

Wow, 9 extra customers is a huge increase! But DnC might be one of the few venues where you might even come close to serving them all once you learn the meal pattern of each episode. You'd def need to add Rush Hour to your Fast Feet and Extra Time boosts. Also, use your Super Gordon frenzies (you should be able to accumulate 3 in the later epis for s5+6) very prudently; try to use them to clear the most complicated combos once you learn the meal patterns.

In the future, you may want to wait for the frequent Free Happy Hour events rather than buying the upgrade in order to make 5-star gold in an episode. Later, if you want the challenge of always having more customers, the HH update might be more appropriate -- at least until they add an on/off toggle for that (and the autochefs) as I've been suggesting for over a year now, lol...but don't hold your breath on that!

- SuFe718
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    I f***ed myself adding extra customers in PT before I had all the food/appliance upgrades. I have 5 stars in all the episodes but only gold in about half, and the only way I'll ever get gold is to upgrade prep slot to 3 and use 3 boosts in each episode (which I'm too cheap and lazy to do rn)
    I definitely learned my lesson though, I've gone on to open 8 restaurants since then and have waited until I have ALL the gold stars before purchasing the last decor upgrades to add customers.