Wishelin Stars

I'm a bit confused about how the Wishelin Stars work.

I prepared and served a signature dish for Big Bay Burgers and earned myself a Wishelin Star... until the Wishelin Inspector arrived again and I lost the star. What is the catch? How can I keep the stars I earn from serving the signature dishes?

Comments

• brewbrew Registered Users 193 Posts
    Same thing happened to me this morning, the pop down showed that I'd lost a star.. I reckon we need to keep prepping and serving the recipes from ow in, which sucks cuz the only way to get the ingredients is once a week with duel tickets or gold.. cash grab!
  • DashGuruBrianDashGuruBrian Registered Users 152 Posts
    Excellent questions, chefs!

Okay, regarding the Wishelin Inspector, there's an in-game FAQ that covers this so please don't hesitate to tap the Options gear icon (upper-right of most screens when not in an Episode) then the Customer Support button to bring up our FAQs.

Your Wishelin Star does detract if you miss the Inspector - this is something you need to maintain in order to get the best Daily Rewards box consistently. Keep the Inspector happy in his visits just as real restauranteurs do in real life!

Ingredients are available in the Farm Market (button above the Prep Kitchen on the HUD when not in an Episode) as well, put up for sale by other players like you! Here you will find ingredients for prepping Signature Dishes too.

We hope this helps, chefs!
  • jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    Angus beef has NEVER been offered in the market and is only available once a week and even that is a waste of tickets. Every time I open the game the Wishlein inspector has JUST left and will return in 30-35 minutes. EVERY time. I never got a 5 star box even after I did bother to keep the app open for the 30 minutes to play the Wishelin level because the star went away the very next time I opened the app and that was before I was able to keep it on long enough to get the special gold box.

I have 4/5 stars on the burger shop and wondering why I bothered spending my gold to complete the uniform to get that 4th star since there seems very little difference between the boxes you get with 0 stars. I get some very low amount of coin (usually 30) and 1 ingredient, sometimes 2 ingredients if I'm lucky. Compared to the other two restaurants that have no stars, the boxes give me practically the same.
  • Nathan.tayNathan.tay Registered Users 1 Posts
    Do you have to be a certain level for the wishelin starsto appear. I've never seen anything about it??? Nothing comes up about inspectors or signature dishes?
  • wilks brattwilks bratt Registered Users 1 Posts
    I had the same problem & have read / followed this thread. Then just today i realized that i have gained my Wishelin Star back when i upgrade certain things whether its food, appliances or decor! :D
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    You can get a number of Wishelin stars by meeting the requirements for each venue. If you tap the Wishelin area at each venue, it shows what is required to get each type of gift box (& how often they appear).

Regarding the Wishelin inspector himself, they've changed how he works since this thread began. He now appears every 2.5 days or so -- the counter is on upper right corner of the VIP prep area -- and stays only 3hrs or so. If you miss him, you usually lose that star.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I BELIEVE it now works like this:
    - Wishelin Inspector will not appear if you don't have dishes prepared for him.
    - If you have a dish slot open for making a dish requiring a special ingredient, like chicken, it will be available in Duel Showcase (although it's finally beginning to make its way into the general marketplace).
    - If all your prep slot dishes are full, ingredients won't show up for you in Duel Showcase.
    - Inspector, as noted above, now shows up less frequently but requires more. He shows up in two venues for which you have his dishes prepared. But he will ask you to serve between 2-4 regular dishes from the venue before he orders his special meal.

Hope this helps!

- SuFe718
  • jt4703jt4703 Registered Users 40 Posts
    I'd like to add that the rewards for him are better now vs the earlier renditions and they have fixed the bug where he only showed up in PP and BBB. I've been able to get my wishlelin stars for all venues I have unlocked far enough in the past 2 weeks.
  • FunnydonnyFunnydonny Registered Users 11 Posts
    I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. Everyday I lose a star in the Burger for the duels. But the other restaurants don't lose the star until the week resets. Is this a known issue or should I contact support?
  • maccakaymaccakay Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    So is it right that although I have all 3 dishes prepped (I am currently only up to 3 restaurants) the wishelin inspector will only ever turn up
    to 2 of them?? I have thought this was an error for ages!!!!!! 
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. Everyday I lose a star in the Burger for the duels. But the other restaurants don't lose the star until the week resets. Is this a known issue or should I contact support?
    Really, EVERY day? 😳😩 I've never heard of this happening!! Bummer! Should only decrease at weekly reset. Sounds like a glitch to me. Try contacting CS. 
    maccakay said:
    So is it right that although I have all 3 dishes prepped (I am currently only up to 3 restaurants) the wishelin inspector will only ever turn up
    to 2 of them?? I have thought this was an error for ages!!!!!! 
    The Inspector shows up in a number of venues correlating to your experience level.

For example, I'm in high 70s of experience (77 iirc) and he "inspects" 5 venues for me about every 4 days. So if your experience level is lower, he may only ever show up in 2 venues per visit, no matter how many venues you have open, until you level up. 🙂

EDIT: Ingredients, including rares, are much more readily available in the market now. The higher priced ones at the bottom of the list are, I believe, set/offered by the game (you'll notice those prices are significantly higher than what we the players can sell for, even at max profit) but if you are patient and refresh often you can find everything cheaper towards the top of list. Still, it IS supply/demand based. Even so, the market seems a better option to me than buying from Showcase store using tickets, especially since those items can only be purchased once per week, refreshing at reset. Of course, I've used tickets once or twice over the years when facing marscapone emergencies, lol. 

- SuFe718