Options

Is this the end?

I would like to ask if you are winding up this game? I have pretty much completed it and have enjoyed every moment, even though I have spent a fortune along the way! So... is there going to be an update or do I have to go back to playing Candy Crush :(

Comments

• Options
    FusionGalaxyFusionGalaxy Registered Users 135 Posts
    Yes, but I heard they were making a new dash game called Dash town.
  • Options
    SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    @FusionGalaxy: Yes there will be future updates to this game OR yes this is the end (as far as you know)?

I've been reading conflicting opinions, including that Glu is having profit losses, but have seen no official statement about this game so far. 

@DashingMike, is there any info on this? We LOVE this game and don't want new venues to stop being released so soon (after all, GRD is less than 2 years old)! 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys. No, I haven't heard anything and unfortunately I cannot speculate whether or not there'll be a new update! :( Sorry.
  • Options
    suvonasuvona Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    It's my favorite game. A lot of time and money also spent on it. If they don't continue to service this game, then it does not encourage me to start any other Glu games. Maybe they could do like King, and cross-advertise. For example, get 5 gold for downloading each additional Glu game, or give members 5 gold to share Restaurant Dash on Facebook. There's no advertising for this game anymore. I'd like to see Gordon Ramsay step up and share it a bit more, since his name is attached. It's obvious they aren't getting as many users but not because it isn't the best, most addictive game! 🙂 Still has much potential if marketed the right way and server issues fixed. A lot of people can be gained back who had given up because of glitches, once they are fixed too. 🙂
  • Options
    whywhy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I hope that is not the case. If so don't let me spend anymore money. Right now I like Ramsey Dash more than Flo's game.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree. I feel this iteration is far superior to the others in the Dash franchise!

No need, imho, to release new venues as often as they were initially doing. 3-6 per year would be fine -- and perhaps sometimes adding new seasons to existing venues would provide interest between rolling out entirely new restaurant concepts/graphics, which might go a long way to keeping up player engagement.

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    For players that have obtained gold stars in every episode and have all restaurants 100% upgraded it would be cool if there was an "expert mode" to unlock at the end, like adding seasons 5&6 to BBB, add a season 7 to all restaurants and one new recipe to learn in each one.. or give us something really cool like unlocking a space station restaurant (since all the ones on Earth are complete)
    Maybe also something that challenges and gives rewards for new high scores in completed restaurants. 
    I'm not there yet, but if my issues get resolved I'm totally committed to keep playing as long as I have new goals to achieve. :)
  • Options
    SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I too would love an update but am losing hope. It reminds me of the snoopy street fair app. It was very popular and I thought it would last a long while since it was a timeless app. Suddenly there was no updates and no word on what was going on. After about a year it was announced because of the new peanuts movie the rights to use snoopy in an app was going to a new developer and snoopy streeet fair would not be updated. My gut says the lack of updates is because Gordon's name is in the app. Cooking dash 2016 is updating every month and you can tell there are more updates to come because of cooking dash 2016 shows the empty future venues. I love the duels and social hub in Gordon dash but am concentrating on dash 2016 more these days.
  • Options
    Yikes! I hadn't thought of that! That's an interesting theory and actually makes a lot of sense. 🙀

I dont know WHY Gordon would get involved and then pull out so fast, especially since he's already recorded all the voice snippets (he's not required to say new phrases for each new venue) and the game is awesome. Guess I'd understand if it didn't meet standards/expectations or wasn't well-regarded. That's not the case here though; despite the glitches, the quality of both graphics and gameplay is very high. Seems like he'd just be getting more positive attention and monthly royalties or whatever at this point, easy-peasy!

However, it does appear a likely reason because he is the main thing which separates this iteration from the rest of the Dash franchise. What other factors could stall it out like this? There was talk of Glu having corporate/profit issues but if their other popular games are still getting regular updates, why not this one? If it IS a Gordon thing, I sure hope they can lure him, or his management company, back into a deal.

I still play and duel but, having 5-starred all venues, don't log in as often as I used to. I also enjoy the GGs (when they work without giving me the Connection Error) but what's the point, really, of amassing resources if there will be nothing to use them on in the future? I'm mostly playing just to maintain my personal duel/GG goals at this point. 

- SuFe718
  • Options
    ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Someone should tweet Gordon and complain. Public outcries to companies on Twitter have a remarkable way of getting things done that quietly contacting customer service fails at.  o:)
  • Options
    mets4evermets4ever Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Is Glu planning to add any new venues to Restaurant Dash?