Options

DASH TOWN??? Ramsay Dash is coming to an end?-

Hey everyone I’ve seen GLU roadmap that does not include Ramsay dash , But has a game called “Dash Town “ .... Anyone know anything? cooking dash will likely merge with GRD into one game called the dash town but remove GRD and keep the restaurants? This is very upsetting for many people who love the GRD game  we have spent way too $ on the GRD game & now only to be ignored by GLU ..

Comments

• Options
    poptoppoptop Registered Users 17 Posts
    edited May 2018
    That’s very disappointing to hear. I play both but I prefer Gordon Ramsay by FAR over Cooking Dash. It’s extremely hard to advance in Cooking Dash and the amount of gold needed is frustrating. I won’t list all the differences and why I prefer this game over CD but I would like to say that the silence from the Gordon Ramsay team is disheartening. I feel we deserve to know, in general, about the future of this game as it’s pretty much a given that specifics wouldnt be given. IMO, although I’m not sure anyone’s opinion matters, cooking dash doesn’t hold a candle to Gordon Ramsay. Even though it doesn’t have all the bugs and issues, it’s simply nowhere near the game Gordon Ramsay is, at least not for me. 
  • Options
    ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Maybe Godon's contract expired? Idk, this sucks big time. Has anyone created a customer care ticket and asked for confirmation? 
    I'm so close to having all my restaurants 100%, if something happens and I lose all that progress due to a game merger I'll never forgive Glu :pensive: 
  • Options
    TaylorMade0683TaylorMade0683 Registered Users 33 Posts
    What i believe will happen is they will remove Gordon from the game merge all restaurants into one “Dash town” that’s my speculation... maybe from there our gold and. Puns will be converted to “CD” $ dollars ? Idk I’m in the same boat it’s really unfair they don’t tell us when we msg cc and ask they say” we can’t speculate when a new venue or update will be “ they’ve been saying the same thing over and over and ignoring all of us is pissing off many loyal customers.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I had to contact them about my game messing up, while I was at it I went ahead and asked about the future plans for the game. That was probably a month or so ago. They didn’t acknowledge it and I didn’t ask again. I understand that if they’re making some big changes that they need time to work out the details and wouldn’t want to give information that maybe hasn’t been finalized yet. But they’ve had WAY beyond enough time to get to their customers. It would show people they cared and appreciated them. 
    Like I said, I play both, but I just mess around with the other one. I’m loyal to Gordon Ramsay Dash. 
    Im pretty sure every time I find a game that I really really like the developers screw it up somehow. :/ 

• Options
    Customer Care is famous for only answering the first question on a ticket lol. I've sent them super long messages with multiple questions and they've only ever answered one..
  • Options
    Lol... well that’s kinda strange but that’s exactly what they did. From what I’ve read they’ve got high hopes for their new game “the Swift Life” I think is what it’s called. Maybe they’re putting all their time, effort and ideas into that. Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift games don’t appeal to me. I read several things that came up in google search and this game wasn’t mentioned. So yeah I guess that pretty much confirms it. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Where is the forum and discussions pertaining to Diner Dash? Anyone know? All this time I thought we were talking about cooking dash! But I see in the App Store there is a Diner Dash, with horrible ratings might I add! I can’t find the forum for it tho. Anyone play this already? If there’s no forum and the ratings are horrible. Why would they merge these two? 
  • Options
    I downloaded it, played it a while. Don’t care for it. So guess we’ll just have to see what happens. Hopefully they’ll surprise us all and keep the game we love. I’m just crossing my my fingers and waiting to see now. 
  • Options
    punkysdilemmapunkysdilemma Registered Users 160 Posts
    I work in tech, but not for glu, but yeah, a tech company is never going to let customer care discuss the end-of-life plans for a particular product with end users...

As far as Dash Town goes, I assumed GRD would be left alone and not be developed further, kind of like Diner Dash has been, but it depends if Gordon Ramsay has a clause in the contract that says they can't keep using his likeness/voice past X date. That would be too bad. I like this game! I still haven't finished developing all the restaurants (because I'm constantly out of coins) but I like having it as a project I'm very slowly working through. And I like duels.
  • Options
    I work in tech, but not for glu, but yeah, a tech company is never going to let customer care discuss the end-of-life plans for a particular product with end users... As far as Dash Town goes, I assumed GRD would be left alone and not be developed further, kind of like Diner Dash has been, but it depends if Gordon Ramsay has a clause in the contract that says they can't keep using his likeness/voice past X date. That would be too bad. I like this game! I still haven't finished developing all the restaurants (because I'm constantly out of coins) but I like having it as a project I'm very slowly working through. And I like duels.
    This is the best answer we've received so far lol thanks :)
    I'm not sure why Ramsay Dash is still doing gold drop events etc every weekend if it's nearing the end of the line though.. maybe there's some hope that it will just stay as a staple game? (Wishful thinking here)
    Anyway, because of all this I got pissed off with Glu and downloaded the new Harry Potter game by Portkey games. It's also annoying but at least it's new and being consistently worked on.....
  • Options
    AsentinnAsentinn Registered Users 141 Posts
    Ok.. I've been searching and couldn't find any mentions for "Dash Town" - can you please share the source?

@ChefWreck the events are probably scheduled via the game itself - I think it's automatized to run every X days without human interaction.
    (Still) Freashly Seasoned: Gordon Ramsay Dash Unofficial Subreddit
    Join our Discord Server: Gordon Ramsay Dash (Unofficial)
  • Options
    I didn’t see a ‘map’ but I did see it somewhere listed in glu games. Whereas I didn’t see Ramsay dash listed anywhere when I googled future of glu games. 
    (Or something like that) Can’t remember now exactly what I searched but I clicked around reading all kinds of stuff. Of course the more I did that the more contradictory information I found as well.