Network error for duels and Chef Arena

Comments

• zoebell6zoebell6 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Have 5 duels pending and can't get in but obviously some folks can still play. Also, have 2 duels that have been pending for 2 weeks now. I have another game that I play and when there are glitches the creators send a message to customers to apologize and kick us some coins, or some kind of comp for the inconvenience, this game doesn't even acknowledge there's a issue.
  • ntrudrntrudr Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I have been having the same issue the past couple days on my iPad. In duels, saying there is a network error and to check my settings. No problems on my end at all, and the rest of the app works fine. So frustrating!!
  • ktbettyktbetty Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm very mad about this. I'm an android user and am having this issue. Sucks to happen during a free duel event where i finally had hit swing cook status. Have emailed customer support through the app as well as leaving a review on their play store page but still havent heard anything..
  • Jackie1016Jackie1016 Registered Users 2 Posts
    It seems like the app gets overwhelmed with free duels on the weekends. Not the first time its happened...wish they would fix the issue. Started a group goal that will probably expire before I can play again
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    I can't get into duels either at all, just the network error. While I appreciate free weekends, the duel one not only doesnt work, but it makes unforfieted duels stuck for months. I agree it is frustrating that on reset Sunday I can't play a few more duels to get to the next prize level.
  • spitfire4857spitfire4857 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I just started having this problem today. Now I can't even buy ingredients! ugh! When will they fix this?!
  • hnacksonhnackson Registered Users 38 Posts
    I’m having the same problem on my iPhone. They did respond today, but it was just to Day they know of the problem and are working on it. I can’t even finish my daily goals because of it. They just souldnt offer the free duels event until they get this problem fixed. 
  • nuggetsindressesnuggetsindresses Registered Users 0 Posts
    i played a bit last night (european time) and then all of a sudden the game kept giving me "network error". i couldnt finish a goal i made in the social hub so i lost out on hearts (and potential gold). i also keep getting updates that people are dueling me but i can't access that part of the game so im probably going to lose lots of rank points cause of that.

@!!! pissed.
  • LiappisLiappis Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same. I know it’s on their end because I’m on an IPad and my network has no problems at all. I was really hoping I could take advantage of free chef duals before the reset.
  • DashingMikeDashingMike Moderators 664 Posts
    Hey guys. Thanks for letting me know. The team is aware of this and is taking a look. Thanks for your patience!
  • Deanna68Deanna68 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Another IPad user here with the same issues. Cannot play duels at all.
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    SO annoying! I dropped a rank because I was unable to duel for 9 solid hours today -- Network problems every time I tried to enter the dueling area, couldn't even duel friends from the social hub. But, as others noted above, obviously other people were able to duel because someone overtook me on the leaderboard. Oh well.

Of course, in the greater global scheme of things, this is an insignificant and tiny problem but in the world of GRD bragging rights, it's really frustrating! One duels all week hoping to position oneself in a certain place only to freefall without being able to do anything about it. ?

- SuFe718
  • hnacksonhnackson Registered Users 38 Posts
    I could finally get on just now. Still slow but was able to at least complete my daily goals. I did miss going up a level though. 
  • CathyGCathyG Registered Users 10 Posts
    It's frustrating how little the developers seem to care about the players, particularly those whom have already sunk money in this game.
  • LadyinDenimLadyinDenim Registered Users 93 Posts
    I don't interpret it as the game developers not caring about the players.  
  • RyokyoRyokyo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hello All! Yeah, I have the same problem but I noticed this error it´s been since the last updated (at least in my side) when they add the new restaurant for the Mexican Holiday (Dia de Muertos). It always the same error that conectaion fail and when I enter to the Shop for the receipes and the Duel I have to wait until the uploing is finish.
  • saunderdsaunderd Registered Users 10 Posts
    'thanks for your patience' just isn't a good enough response DashingMike. I'm so fed up with things not working and always being told by Customer Care it's your wifi issue. I have missed out on hurrying up the Prep Kitchens when videos haven't worked or when events are on and they have network errors we lose out and never are we ever gifted as an apology. You take our money when buying gold but never want to really help.
  • buzz32buzz32 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I have been trying to get into the duals for over two weeks and all I get is they are working on it. It will let me see the games that have been forfeited.. It's very frustrating..
  • Ethel MDEthel MD Registered Users 8 Posts
    Well, it has been over a month now since I cannot access the duels. However, yesterday I erased my data on my device, then redownloaded, connected through facebook to restore progress and my duels did download to 100%. I was able to access them for the evening (mostly to go through all the games I had forfeited). Today when I opened the game, my duels downloaded again (not sure why) but went to 98.7% this time instead of the usual 60%, stopped there and when I checked again, it is stuck at 97.5% so it jumped back a bit. Well, no sense in contacting support since they don't reply to me anymore. Beyond frustrated at this point.......
    Ethel MD said:
    Well, it has been over a month now since I cannot access the duels. However, yesterday I erased my data on my device, then redownloaded, connected through facebook to restore progress and my duels did download to 100%. I was able to access them for the evening (mostly to go through all the games I had forfeited). Today when I opened the game, my duels downloaded again (not sure why) but went to 98.7% this time instead of the usual 60%, stopped there and when I checked again, it is stuck at 97.5% so it jumped back a bit. Well, no sense in contacting support since they don't reply to me anymore. Beyond frustrated at this point.......
    Yes, support through the cog has definitely gone downhill over the past several months. So unfortunate! ?

- SuFe718
  • buzz32buzz32 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I see people are still having problems with the chefs duals. I'm so tired of contacting support. It's been well over a month since I started having problems. I guess since its been this long they aren't going to fix it. Yet I don't understand how so many others are still getting access. I have multiple challenges everyday yet when I try and respond to the challenge the same old story, network error.. It's really getting old.. And I really do like the game.
  • jenlinvillejenlinville Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hello I'm wondering if anyone i s still having this issue? I'm been playing on an Amazon fire 10 tablet and am never able to play the duels. It loads the dual section but when I try to connect to battle it tells me there is a network issues. I've checked my network and my bandwidth and have more than enough speed required for the game. Anyone getting any help from customer care in a resolution??? Looks like this is a glu issue and not an individual issue.Thanks. 
  • supandasupanda Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    So for 6 months now I have not been able to play duels. Customer care gives me gold but that doesn't cure the hurt of losing rank. I'm wondering if it will ever be rectified.
    OMG, this Connection Error is driving me bonkers again! For most of the past 2 days I haven't been able to join or create any GGs (except for Gordon's). Honestly, I thought we were past this... 😰

- SuFe718
    supanda said:
    So for 6 months now I have not been able to play duels. Customer care gives me gold but that doesn't cure the hurt of losing rank. I'm wondering if it will ever be rectified.
    That's awful! Can't even imagine! Dueling is a such a fun part of the game. 

- SuFe718
  • pinklds8pinklds8 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hello I'm wondering if anyone i s still having this issue? I'm been playing on an Amazon fire 10 tablet and am never able to play the duels. It loads the dual section but when I try to connect to battle it tells me there is a network issues. I've checked my network and my bandwidth and have more than enough speed required for the game. Anyone getting any help from customer care in a resolution??? Looks like this is a glu issue and not an individual issue.Thanks. 
    This is my same problem.

• leginc2932leginc2932 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Harebearz said:

I have been unable to duel for about four days. Network error message. There is no network error. Every other aspect of the game works fine. Very frustrating. Forfeiting left and right plus I can't join the duel related group goals because I can't duel. Sigh..... please fix.

Mine keep saying it is DOWNLOADING. it has been doing that for 3 weeks now. Any suggestions?
  • ChefCatChefCat Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I have been unable to duel for about four days. Network error message. There is no network error. Every other aspect of the game works fine. Very frustrating. Forfeiting left and right plus I can't join the duel related group goals because I can't duel. Sigh..... please fix.
    Mine keep saying it is DOWNLOADING. it has been doing that for 3 weeks now. Any suggestions?

zoebell6 said:
    Have 5 duels pending and can't get in but obviously some folks can still play. Also, have 2 duels that have been pending for 2 weeks now. I have another game that I play and when there are glitches the creators send a message to customers to apologize and kick us some coins, or some kind of comp for the inconvenience, this game doesn't even acknowledge there's a issue.

• ChefCatChefCat Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I upgraded to the HD version. It lets me duel some of the time now but still getting network errors.
    There seem to have been serious server issues in dueling area (and frequently y the market pages, especially selling one's own goods) this past week. Like nothing I've experienced in this game before. I can usually get into dueling area but the list won't load or quick duels fail to find an opponent, saying Try Again. Last night it kept cycling through the same very few opponents, as if a lot of player DB was offline. Support apologized to me acknowledging the value of my time and their appreciation of my playing the game which was nice but they didn't say they were aware of any problem. That doesn't mean there ISN'T a problem though. I think there clearly is. Hopefully it's due to server maintenance (or, dare I dream, upgrading) and will resolve itself shortly. 

- SuFe718