Network error for duels and Chef Arena

13Next

Comments

• robynrc1robynrc1 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    I have been told to try to use a different server like it’s on my end... I told them it’s on their end and to please fix the problem. I think they don’t want to take blame for the problem... I even told them that it’s not just me that is having this problem.... I also told them this problem has been going on since last year.... 
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited October 2018
    robynrc1 said:
    I have been told to try to use a different server like it’s on my end... I told them it’s on their end and to please fix the problem. I think they don’t want to take blame for the problem... I even told them that it’s not just me that is having this problem.... I also told them this problem has been going on since last year.... 
    Lol, how do they expect YOU to change servers? Unless they mean change WiFi server but that's ludicrous too -- they cannot expect players to change ISPs, especially when the problems are, as you wrote, nearly universal within their vast player base and not located within specific player devices/connections.

I have experienced intermittent connection errors in this game for a long time (many logged within this forum) but this past week marks the first time the dueling module will open with no active data loading (just the background graphic), or quick duel option being persistently unable to find matches.

I hope this is a mere phase rather than the new ongoing issue to deal with. Since development of the game has halted, dueling is really the only remaining exciting thing. 

So frustrating, esp on a Sunday before reset!

- SuFe718
    I wish they would update us.... say something 
    admit it’s on their end.  I like the game but this error is frustrating.... oh I noticed that they put something new in on the duel area..... I wish they fix one problem before starting something new ☹️

• tamgramtamgram Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Haven't been able to duel for 3 days plus the game is reallllly slow. I emailed support and got the standard answer that they are working on it.
     robynrc1 said:
    ....oh I noticed that they put something new in on the duel area..... I wish they fix one problem before starting something new ☹️

Whoa, they added something new? What? I've been having so much trouble with the error I didn't notice anything new! 

- SuFe718
    They put a sabotage thing through the duel now....it doesn’t happen all the time.
  • saffyrsaffyr Registered Users 26 Posts
    Yes, and as of today, Monday (10/22), it’s still giving me “network” issues. It has now been several days in a row. It’s nice that the farm market appears to be free of these issues, but as I Duel more than anything and have put money into the game, this has gone on far too long. 
  • She1tieShe1tie Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Same here....can’t get on the Duels, plus my Group Goals is giving me issues again. 

• AlenaGAlenaG Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Please fix the duels! The network errors are driving me crazy.
  • ChikkinChikkin Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Is anyone still having problems with duels? I can’t do any duels at all. It’s stuck on a page that says I forfeited, and apparently I’ve forfeited in restaurants I haven’t even unlocked yet! So frustrating! Ive contacted customer support but haven’t had a rssponse yet. Ive already spent $250 on this game! I hopethey fix this! Am I the only one having problems now?
  • kmmotherkmmother Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    All duels and kitchen items are frozen.  Everything isn’t downloading.  When is this going to be fixed?? Been 2 days now. 
  • qwertyptqwertypt Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This issue looks like it has been going on for three years now, I am having the same issue.

i have had other problems in the last 3 years as well and have been assured that they are being worked on, however as of yet not one single issue has been fixed...

I would hazard a guess that this will still be a problem in 2021 lol
    Yes, it has been an ongoing thing... and now I have the problem again... can’t do anything with the game
    but wait
  • vivitiviviti Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    sumagu said:
    Anyone else been unable to access duels or Chef Arena? For the last 2-3 days I have continuously received a network error when I try to start any duels. Customer care has not been very responsive...
    Yes same problem here ...also can t access the social page
    Yes, can’t access anything really ... frustrating 
  • KaboodleKaboodle Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Glu has let this wonderful game go to seed :(
  • KathyD87KathyD87 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I’ve been getting network error since last night. I contacted customer support who gave me suggestions like it’s my fault. I let them know that I had tried all of their suggestions. I’d urge everyone to contact customer support.

earlier when I kep getting the Retry error message I contacted support and they acknowledged that it was a known issue.
    oh oh don’t worry I have been nagging them... I also received same email suggesting solutions.. which I told them I have tried as well
  • NATSU901NATSU901 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    looks like everyone has the same problem
    i think the developers dont care about this game anymore
    That’s a shame... it use to be popular 
  • EEcruseEEcruse Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Please just let us know if you are intending to fix this. I am still purchasing gold to play. But if your intent is to not continue to support, the respectable way to respond is with an honest answer. Thank you!
    EEcruse said:
    Please just let us know if you are intending to fix this. I am still purchasing gold to play. But if your intent is to not continue to support, the respectable way to respond is with an honest answer. Thank you!
    The network errors come and go. There was a recent update to the game app — it doesn’t add anything new but installing it may help iron out your issues. I only discovered it la few days ago when suddenly I had no group goals except from Gordon. 

As for your other point, they are no longer developing this game. They have said as much. It continues to exist but will never be more than it is now, at least unless The Mr Gordon Ramsay gets involved again. For those of us who’ve been around since the start and invested a lot of real world cash early on, it’s easy enough to continue playing for fun and better than investing so much again elsewhere for essentially the same type of game. But if you’re just starting out, you may want to choose one of the other Dash franchises to invest your time and money. They apparently continue to develop and support those. Flo is their own character whereas the contract with Gordon Ramsay must have lapsed making development on this iteration stop. Sadly, they even stopped the weekly special events — which were automated and took no human effort on their part. That was almost the last straw for me bc it seemed so petty to cease automated events (like weekends of free duels, happy hours, and gold drops), which reduced the monotony. But I keep coming back because I’m invested and it’s fun to duel — plus, I’m determined to obtain the master sash reward for 1mil customers served! 

If you want to continue playing GRD, maybe focus on earning gold through group goals and buy it with tickets every week in the showcase store so you’re not spending as much real money on it? Also, if you’re looking to mostly duel, consider fully expanding several venues. Duels only occur in the venues you have unlocked so you can max out specific restaurants and only duel in those. Then you can spend less money on gold overall but still enjoy dueling (and get really good in the few you focus on)! 

Just some food for thought, lol! Good luck and happy cooking! 

- SuFe718
    Getting network error again... been stating this since 2018... ticket #4041937
  • mjopekmjopek Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I'm having network error on getting into duels. I'm stuck on practice duel and I haven't been able to duel Walter. Any advice would be appreciated.
    mjopek said:
    I'm having network error on getting into duels. I'm stuck on practice duel and I haven't been able to duel Walter. Any advice would be appreciated.
    It has been many years since I have encountered a practice duel, so I’m not sure if I can help. But I’ll try! 

Usually, the network errors (such as the one pictured in post above yours) can either be on your end (typically due to weak wifi or poor cellular connection if using that) or on the Glu server end. If it’s a Glu issue, it can last for days or weeks, solidly or intermittently. It’s pretty infuriating when it happens. It hasn’t been happening to me recently and I haven’t seen other frustrated posts so Glu may not be to blame this time. 

There was just an app update released. I didn’t read the release notes so have no idea what it did because nothing new was added. But if you haven’t updated your app recently that -could- resolve your issue. If your device OS and game app are current, double-check your WiFi, restart your device, throw salt over your left shoulder — all the usual stuff. Outside of those self-help approaches, it’s just a waiting game. 

Good Luck!

- SuFe718
  • StellalunastarStellalunastar Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    The network error has consistently shown since I downloaded this game. Unable to complete daily goals. Everything else works as it should ( as far as I know)
    I see this has been an ongoing issue since 2017. Has anyone been able to find a solution?
    I am using an Amazon Fire tablet
    The network error has consistently shown since I downloaded this game. Unable to complete daily goals. Everything else works as it should ( as far as I know)
    I see this has been an ongoing issue since 2017. Has anyone been able to find a solution?
    I am using an Amazon Fire tablet
    You’re right that it has been a recurring issue for years. As I posted above, if it’s on the player end (as weak wifi etc), there are the usual fixes one can try. But it is far more often an issue on Glu’s end and when it happens there’s nothing you can do but wait. They never acknowledge the issue or post that it’s something they are working to fix. 

I will say that a few years ago, when they were still actively developing this game and releasing new venues etc, Glu did announce that they would no longer support GRD on Fire Tablets. No explanation just an announcement. It’s possible that is the root of your problems. You may be able to have the CSR team transfer your game data to a different device/platform, android or iOS, if you cannot do it yourself through the Facebook login. 

Good luck. 

- SuFe718