OMG there's an update!

Apparently bug fixes, no new venues.

Has anyone installed it? Please discuss any changes/improvements below! 

- SuFe718

Comments

• phaedrusphaedrus Registered Users 47 Posts
    got a new phone and lost all my progress, but my new phone automatically updated.  no new venues.  starting from scratch, I couldn't say what the update actually did  :(
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Yikes! That's harsh @phaedrus! I don't know if I'd start over from scratch at this point...but I love this game so probably would cave in after a week or two without it!

I'm still not updating though until I know what changes were made. Unless I start losing duels because of obvious tweaks that I'm missing, I think I will hold off until I hear from more players who have updated. Since there are no new venues to conquer and I'm not currently experiencing any game issues, I don't want to tempt the fates to mess things up!

- SuFe718
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    Ah so that's why I haven't been seeing any friend's group goals recently. After I installed the update they all appeared, however the connection error issue remains. I haven't noticed anything else yet.
  • chim10chim10 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I think the biggest thing I noticed was support for the larger screen on the new iPhones. In the previous version, it was shrunk. In this new version, it’s become stretched.

Having the home bar at the bottom can be annoying sometimes.
  • dizzblnddizzblnd Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Since that update, a lot of people, including mehave experienced random and numerous crashing issues. Of course, instead of taking responsibility for the crashes from people from all over the world they give you the standard vs of clear your cache force close the game restart your phone check your internet connection blah blah blah. if you haven't yet I would recommend that you don't install that update.
    Bumping this up because OMG, they did it again! Almost 18 months later and there's a new update! 

I haven't installed it yet on my old iPhone running iOS 12.x. At some point it'll probably become mandatory. Opinions from those that HAVE updated GRD app?

- SuFe718
  • KaboodleKaboodle Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I think it’s just updated to be compatible with the latest iOs. No new features that I can see on iPad. The ads that give you free gold bars are now glitchy, freezing after playing so you have to close and restart the close.
    Thanks @Kaboodle. I updated this morning bc i was no longer getting any group goals. Happy to report that it didn't make app stop working on my older ios so it seems benign for new and old. I didn't expect new venues, since this iteration of Dash franchise, sadly, is no longer under development, but I'll be happy if weekly events are restored.

I've always found those gold offers glitchy, lol, so I stopped doing them. Sorry to hear yours got messed up. 

- SuFe718