How are players matched up in Chef Duels?

JasmettJasmett Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I have been getting matched in Chef Duels with players that are FAR better than me.  Meaning ranked yery 

Answers

• SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    I believe  matches are random from the main Quick Duels page. You could try initiating Quick Duels only from the Rivals page (one tab down on left menu in duel arena) where there are fewer options (although it does change a bit every time it's opened) but those players -should- be closer to your ranking. You can also decline duel suggestions without limit or quit a proposed duel after first screen (where you can see opponents upgrade status and choose boosters). It's not as useful as seeing win/loss stats but those are only revealed after you commit to a duel you've initiated. For incoming duel challenges, you can tap on the challenger name in your list to see their stats before deciding to duel or forfeit. Forfeiting costs you 3pts but doesn't show up as a loss on your stats so it's usually the best choice if you don't want to play a challenger. Good luck!

- SuFe718
    edited November 2019
    Duplicate post

- SuFe718
    edited November 2019
    Duplicate post

- SuFe718
    edited November 2019
    Duplicate post

- SuFe718
    edited November 2019
    Ugh, duplicate post

- SuFe718
    OMG! Site error -- duplicate post

- SuFe718

- SuFe718

- SuFe718

- SuFe718
    OMG! Serous site error -- duplicate post

- SuFe718
  • Tiegann17Tiegann17 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I have a player who has beaten me more than once at pretty if not every venue. I have never won against them. They are obviously better than I am and I feel like they are just pounding me over and over to pad their score while destroying mine. It's nearly harassment. I unfriended them, but the challenges continue. I keep forfeiting, but is there a way to prevent them from challenging me?
    I don’t believe there is any way to stop someone from challenging you to a duel. The devs added a limit to the number of simultaneous challenges to two and there seems to be a weekly limit as well. But a determined challenger can still wreak havoc. They usually get bored eventually. 

If you recently severed a connection, they are perhaps hurt or angry. The best thing seems to be to forfeit. 3 points and a token will wear thin for them in time. 

Also, if you forfeit, you fall off their recent duels lists. It will make you more difficult to challenge once you disappear from those lists. You may still get challenged by them but it will be bc you came up in the random duel generator. AFAIK, there is no way to challenge specific players to duels unless they are in your Friends list, on queue of recent duel results, in the Rivals list, or on Top 100 list. 

- SuFe718