Options

I'm having trouble downloading a game!

GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
I am downloading a Glu game from the iTunes App Store and it is stuck on "Waiting."

Please power cycle your device before attempting the download again. It is possible that your game download has become "stuck". By power cycling your device, it should resume or reset the download on your app, allowing you to attempt the download again.

If a file is too large it may also take some time to download. You need to have a good WiFi connection and some patience until the file downloads and installs. In this situation it is not recommeded to use your device 3G service for downloads, try to do it via iTunes on your computer then sync the game to your device.

Users can also get stuck when a new update to the iTunes store terms of service is available but not presented to you when updating an app. Go to the app store and make sure that you have accepted the update to the terms of service. The download will resume at that point if this is the case.

I am experiencing a problem downloading a Glu game on my Android device.
If you are not able to download from the Android Market, you may want to check on the following points:

- The device Wi-Fi was very weak resulting in a break in connection to the market (please try again)
- The download completed but can't play: remove the app and start over. If you have already purchased, you should not be charged again as long as you are using the same login credentials for the Android Market
- You may be out of room on your internal memory and/or SD card.
-Resource files may be corrupted from a previous failed download, please see this article for more help

If the Market is not recognizing your device as an appropriate device for the game, please check on the following two points:

• Ensure you have the most current OS for your device. You can do this by selecting Settings > About Phone > System Updates within your device.
  • Be sure you have no other applications running in the background when you start the game.

You could also try the following troubleshooting tips that were proven to help as reported by many users:

-Clear the Market's Cache and Data:
One of the first solutions to any problem is to clear the Market's cache and data. To do this, head into your Settings app and go to Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and hit "Clear Data" (this should clear the cache as well). Go back to your list of apps and do the same with the Download Manager app, too. Then, go back to the Market and try to re-download the app in question. If it works, you're all set. If not, it's likely an SD card issue...

-Unmount Your SD Card Before Updating:
Sometimes your phone has trouble updating apps that are installed to the SD card. The easiest way to fix this is to just unmount your SD card before updating those apps. Go to Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage and hit Unmount SD Card. When it's fully unmounted (it'll take a second), go ahead and re-update your apps from the Market. You should reinstall just fine (though you may have to search the Market for the app if it isn't on your Downloads page). You'll then have to re-mount the SD card and move the app over again using App 2 SD for example.

Alternatively, you can move the troublemaking app from the SD card back to your phone using App 2 SD, update it, and then move it back to your SD card. You can also keep your apps on your phone's internal memory if you have room, just know that it may slow down some older phones.

-Uninstall Market Updates:
Some users have found that going into Settings > Applications > All > Market and hitting "Uninstall Updates" fixes the problem for them. It is important to understand that in these steps, even though you are uninstalling the Market updates, you will receive these updates again, it's just that something went wrong during its initial installation. Do the following:

• On your Android device, Go to settings
  • Select: Applications/Manage Applications/Market
  • Select: UNINSTALL UPDATES
  • Power cycle your phone (turn completely OFF then turn ON)
  • Locate the app again and download it.

-Uninstall the App and Re-Install from Scratch: (Do not do this for Apps that do not support online progress save like Blood & Glory and Contract Killer: Zombies)
Just uninstall the app and try again (please make sure your app is not dependent on local profile data that you may lose). If you've already tried to update it, you won't be able to uninstall it from the Market, but if you go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and uninstall it from there (by tapping the app and pressing "Uninstall"), you should be able to re-download it from the Market without issue.

I get "wrong file size" error when downloading from the Android Market.
Glu Mobile Apps from the Android Market will initially install a relatively small file on the device memory then when the game is launched, a resource pack will be downloaded and installed usually on the device SD card. This resource pack is a large file and requires a stable and strong connection. We recommend you use Wi-Fi when downloading resource packs. If your connection is not reliable or if you are using the phone 3G network then the file download may get corrupted resulting in the "wrong file size" error. You will need to restart the download process and make sure you are using a good WiFi connection in order to address this issue.

I am getting an error saying "Package not Signed properly."
This error often means that the resource pack that was downloaded was not able to install successfully due to file corruption. The best way to address this issue would be to first make sure you are connecting via a good WiFi connection and second that your SD card has room on it and is accessible (mounted/unmounted). You will need to restart the download to get a new resource pack. This may require going into your SD card menu and deleting the file you recently downloaded since it is probably corrupted.

I am getting an error saying "item is being modified and cannot be purchased at this time."
If you are trying to purchase on your Apple device and the iTunes store is displaying this error message, it means that the App is being updated at this specific moment. It should be ready in a few more minutes.

I am getting an downloading error: "insufficient space on the device."
For some strange reason, sometimes the Android Market download will present this error on your device although you have plenty of space.

There are 3 things to try:

1-Clear the Market's Cache and Data:
One of the first solutions to any problem is to clear the Market's cache and data. To do this, head into your Settings app and go to

Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market and hit "Clear Data" (this should clear the cache as well). Go back to your list of apps and do the same with the Download Manager app, too. Then, go back to the Market and try to re-download the app in question. If it works, you're all set. If not, it's likely an SD card issue...

2-Unmount Your SD Card Before Updating:
Sometimes your phone has trouble updating apps that are installed to the SD card. The easiest way to fix this is to just unmount your SD card before updating those apps. Go to Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage and hit Unmount SD Card. When it's fully unmounted (it'll take a second), go ahead and re-update your apps from the Market. You should reinstall just fine (though you may have to search the Market for the app if it isn't on your Downloads page). You'll then have to re-mount the SD card and move the app over again.

Alternatively, you can move the troublemaking app from the SD card back to your phone, update it, and then move it back to your SD card. Of course, you could just keep your apps on your phone's internal memory if you have room, just know that it may slow down some older phones.

3-Uninstall Market Updates:
Some users have found that going into Settings > Applications > All > Market and hitting "Uninstall Updates" fixes the problem for them. It is important to understand that in these steps, even though you are uninstalling the Market updates, you will receive these updates again, it's just that something went wrong during its initial installation. Do the following:

1. On your Android device, Go to settings
  2. Select: Applications/Manage Applications/Market
  3. Select: UNINSTALL UPDATES
  4. Power cycle your phone (turn completely OFF then turn ON)
  5. Locate the app again and download it.

Google is giving me an "Error 495" message when I try to download or update my game.
Those 495 errors may be temporary problem on Google's servers, in which case you can just wait and try again later. If it is still happening, you can try clearing Google Play's cache by going into your device's Settings panel and, under Apps, find Google Play Store and tap "Clear Cache." If that still does not work, try going into your device's Settings panel as descibed above and tap "Remove updates," which will force the Google Play app itself to update next time you launch it.

Google is giving me an "Error 498" message when I try to download or update my game.
There are a couple reasons why this error code can occur. 

First, confirm that the purchase was successful by signing into: wallet.google.com/manage

Once the game purchase has been confirmed as successful, the check that your device has enough cache storage for the game to install.

Clear Google Play's cache by going into your device's Settings panel and, under Apps, find Google Play Store and tap "Clear Cache." 

After doing so, you should have at least 20M of internal storage space free. If not, you may need to uninstall apps or media files to free up space.
This discussion has been closed.