Good eats!

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
Just sitting here in one of my favorite restaurants "Abuelos" and they feature really nice southwest cooking that has a really nice slant towards foods from south of the border. If you have this restaurant in your area I highly recommend you give it a try.

PS ask for the three hot salsas with your chips you won't be disappointed provided you like it HOT! ;-)

And what is your favorites please share.
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    My favorite is home cooking. But if I was to go out and eat.... It would be this place called Carl's steak and cheese sub. They were on the Phantom Gourmet For the famous steak and cheese subs.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    MMMMM!! I love cheese steaks !!
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    I agree, also love cheese steak unfortunately I don't have much selection in AZ
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • TranZzzTranZzz Registered Users 61 Posts
    Hot and spicy asia food is my best.. you should try that..
    I like what I do, I do what I like. Just do it.
    TranZzz wrote: »
    Hot and spicy asia food is my best.. you should try that..

Can't let you just tantalize us we want names. Is this hot and spicy Asian food a local restaurant or national chain, enquiring minds want to know.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • grelegrele Registered Users 73 Posts
    I think TranZzz mean in general... But I dont have favorite cousine neither restavrant. It it is matter of the moment
  • TranZzzTranZzz Registered Users 61 Posts
    Yess.. Grele was right.. i mean in general.. ok..let me mention some of my favourite foods.
    Java Spicy Ox Tail Soup.. Grilled Ox Rib.. and India Fish Curry.. Ever tried them?
    I like what I do, I do what I like. Just do it.
    Had lunch the other day at "pita jungle" and I must say it was memorable kind of.....

They had a dish that was a rather inexpensive cut (tough) that purposely was grilled/fired to med rare or less to keep it tender. The dish arrives and true to fashion just as I was warned the steak is rather tough yet this is where the story goes south.

The restaurant is Greek inspired and the dish I ordered is a combination of many different and tasty spices with veggies and a pasta side. I am given a butter knife in which to cut my steak and I am informed the restaurant has their steak knives on order lol. A lot of good that does me and for the first time in a while I am not carrying a knife (utility) so I start to rip and tear at this steak as I am not to be dismayed by mere circumstance.

Long story short, this tough piece of meat was one of the tastiest steaks I have had in some time and if your teeth are anchored solidly into your jaw I can actually recommend you give it a try as it is a feast for the pallet. PS don't forget a sharp knife lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Hey d, sorry to hear you needed a utility knife to cut your steak, but at least you enjoyed it! I have a couple of favorite restaurants in my area but they are privately run places, not chains. Anyway, one is called 'The Green Bowl.' They have a huge selection of veggies, meats, and sauces and you can pick the ingredients yourself and they grill it up right in front of you. It's pretty cool.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    AY420 wrote: »
    Hey d, sorry to hear you needed a utility knife to cut your steak, but at least you enjoyed it! I have a couple of favorite restaurants in my area but they are privately run places, not chains. Anyway, one is called 'The Green Bowl.' They have a huge selection of veggies, meats, and sauces and you can pick the ingredients yourself and they grill it up right in front of you. It's pretty cool.

Sounds great, wish more people would chime in, I think this is a good subject. We all have to eat and who wants to eat bad food lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!