Options

All draft picks in TAP Sports 18 will be bronze ?

biggainerbiggainer Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Can anyone verify this ? My club said that no matter if your team is bronze silver gold plat all the draft picks you buy with gold will always be bronze and you have to level them up from the bottom. Just to verify I am not talking about draft picks you get through club events, i understand if my club is bronze ill only get bronze picks through those picks - I'm asking if I'm gold and buy draft picks with gold through the store will they always be bronze opposed to '17 when if you were gold you'd get some gold players in the picks shuffled with some silvers etc ..

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Don't work for GLU but I am pretty sure that's how it works for 2018. All players will start from bronze level. Regardless of your tier, but don't quote me on that. I did purchase 1 players from the Fan rewards using gold I got and he started out at bronze.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    bocoprobocopro Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    All draft picks in 2018 start at bronze; unlike the 2017 version where they would start at your current team level (ie. bronze, gold, platinum). You have to upgrade them. ...Blue XP seems to be much more relevant this year.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Wonder if the same will be true for Prime and Legend picks once they are offered.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    edited April 2018
    If Glu actually stays true to this format it will definitely be more work to choose which players you will want to invest in. 
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    The game appears to be missing some especially engaging features, speaking for myself anyway.  But Glu reserves the right to add those specialty player picks and new features as new versions are released.  Means I'll love each new rendition, I hope.
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    This new feature will make legends useless unless you are bronze, or filthy rich 
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Sadly this is true. It sucks. May be they will pump out a ton more evo. 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I feel like evo is easier this year with it being in slugfest. If you can cycle on Wednesdays your golden
  • Options
    I think it makes the game a little more strategic. You have make commitments to who you want to level up. May be it should be the tier lower than you are to start. Like if you are gold you get silver players and so on.
  • Options

I feel like evo is easier this year with it being in slugfest. If you can cycle on Wednesdays your golden

I also have notice evo was easier to get. It helps for sure.
  • Options

This new feature will make legends useless unless you are bronze, or filthy rich 

THis is true.
  • Options

If Glu actually stays true to this format it will definitely be more work to choose which players you will want to invest in. 

its like a choose your own advnture book lol
  • Options
    Houmy said:

Wonder if the same will be true for Prime and Legend picks once they are offered.

that would suck if they started bronze
  • Options

Houmy said:

that would suck if they started bronze
    And as it turns out they do start bronze. Now I really don't see any point at all going past silver. I am killing it in Walkoff and Slugfest so I am going to stay silver for a while to gather as much XP and EVO as I can.

• Options
    Yeap your correct. I made the jump early to gold and now I feel the hurt of doing so. I was able to get to lv4 rd 9 on Monday but thats as far as i got since I went gold. For those who can, stay silver as long as you can. It makes WH and Derby a lot easier to beat. But keep in mind that you eventually start getting matched against gold level players. I think once you past 1500 games played you will. So save xp till you have enough to make the jump. If not, you will suffer in gold.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Oh silver it is for me for some time to come now. I plan to get as much as I can out of Walkoff and Slugfest as I can before moving up. I got about 997K points in Walkoff yesterday with my club finishing in 2nd place and over 1MIL in slugfest last week with the club finishing in 4th place so payouts re pretty good now as long as I am in silver. Plan to have enough XP & EVO before going gold to post the same results in gold.

• Options
    Yea Houmy good logic. Stay in silver as long as you can. Eventually you will notice that they start matching you against gold players but till then just keep killing it.
    – The Great Houmy