Options

Free agents

kyra_ranaekyra_ranae Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
this might be a dumb question but are there no more free agents in tap 2018v

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    seems so, unless they add them later on. But i highly doubt it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I am sure they will be added later. Just like primes were just added recently. It's a good way to get you to spend gold.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Im thinking this year will be 95% like year. They will slowly release all the features that way you spend gold and etc. This is also good because if everything is out at the beginning the people that go crazy with this game and spend thousands of dollars will be maxed out soo fast and they (glu) will lose money in the long run.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    Well said sneezy, if they release everything now then how will they make money down the road... Give the people a little tease like they are now with the prime boxes, then we will start to see the prime picks like last year. Hopefully the multi-picks as well. I used to be a sucker for those in 17,
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Actually now that I think about it I am not sure if they will have free agents again. It would have made sense to have them in the beginning when players did not have any quality players and would have used gold for 4-4.5 star players as that is usually what the free agents offered. Now that people have played the game for a while they should have some players that would be equivalent or close to the 3 free agent players you could get. I know with my roster I definitely wouldn't invest in them now.

• Options
    That is differently a smart way of thinking about it @Houmy . Makes sense
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Actually now that I think about it I am not sure if they will have free agents again. It would have made sense to have them in the beginning when players did not have any quality players and would have used gold for 4-4.5 star players as that is usually what the free agents offered. Now that people have played the game for a while they should have some players that would be equivalent or close to the 3 free agent players you could get. I know with my roster I definitely wouldn't invest in them now.
    I agree with this 100%. I never looked at a free agent after I was up and running. Never spent 1600 gold for a 4-star player for sure. I don’t think they will be back
  • Options
    OK so now I am changing my mind again. I just realized that my thinking about not needing free agents anymore for my team is based on me starting the game as soon as it was released. There are however new players joining every day and they may spend the gold. I only started with 2017 myself late June of last year and remember being tempted to spend gold on the free agents for a good month or so.

• Options
    I don't think they will bring them back. Especially since all picks are from bronze. It would make sense if you got players for that much gold if they were in your tier, i.e) silver or gold for that price. But to spend that much gold for a bronze player makes no logical sense. I would love to see some form of trading involved with other players, I heard that Madden has a feature like that. They have auctions where you can bid on players and such. I only bring it up because I myself I 4 quality 1B players. 2 5 stars and 2 4.5s.... 3 of them are sitting in active cause I just cant use them. I would rather trade my player for another with someone else in a similar situation then just get XP for it. So if @houmy had excess amount of OF I could make a trade with him for it. Player for player and of equal value based on their overall max. Keep it simple, Max can be over and under by 5-10 pts to make it fair for both players. Just a thought.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I believe they will make a special guest appearance. lol. At the end of the day, it is a business. Someone will need some in game currency and spend real money to get some. It may not be a solid money maker but it is a money maker nonetheless.