Is there a way to remove a slugger or two?

AB2379AB2379 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
I had to up my sluggers in order to compete well in the HR event. Now my worst slugger is a 2.5* Mookie Betts at 87, while today's prime event slugger is a 5* Cruz at 86. If I complete all levels, Cruz won't make it on my team because his overall is 1 less than my worst slugger. Same thing happened last week. Is there a way to fix this nightmare?

Comments

• TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Cruz should make your team being 5 star and Mookie being only a 2.5 star. Make sure you change your roster decision to accept players based on potential.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Under Game Day... Strategy...
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    ^^^^ exactly what they said
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • AB2379AB2379 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Perfect. Thank you all for the help.
  • mattbelanger18mattbelanger18 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Thanks everyone who answered this,  this helped several people in our club, a major problem that most didn't realize existed. Derby just got much more intersting for sure!!!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Good luck. Just be careful in your regular modes. I lost a few good players that way by not switiching my settings back in 2017.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    One thing that may be confusing about the Current/Potential setting is that once you set it to potential the sluggers order shown during event selection are then based on potential and not how much you have leveled them up. This could cause some confusion when selecting sluggers in order of power for the event.

What I do is that I leave it at current and only change it to potential right before I play the 10th slugger before cycling. Also if you change it from potential to current and go back to the slugger selection screen sometimes it will take a while for the selection screen to sort them according to power and not potential and if that happens I just purchase a 2nd round slugger for $4000 and after that the sorting is fixed to current again.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022