Tap 19 Advice Pt. 3-Keepers

UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
Please don’t over complicate your choice over your keepers. I remember when they did the update in the game and my timeline on FB was flooded with who should I keep. It’s simple, who is going to help you throughout the game as well as WOH? I like Ruth bc he’s great against RHP and his skills are active during WOH and regular games. Lowrie is a switcher hitter who has double skills in WOH( wish I would have brought mantle instead). Having flexibility in WOH is key for winning those great prizes to build your team up so be wise in picking your keepers. If you have a great player with great double skills that’s in a hard position to fill like Catcher or 1B I would consider that as well. If you don’t have anyone with any double skills try the specials tab on Tap18 they have a box for $13.99 which is a good deal if your team isn’t that good. Choose a great ace forget Relievers. Relievers are so plentiful, but a quality Ace is golden plus they usually play all 9innings. I would bringing whoever is your highest rated pitcher with a high stuff rating. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• Deano16Deano16 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Who do I take over to 2019?

• MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Id avoid legends, that lxp is to hard to get early on and players only transfer at 60% of their rating. So you will have to reboost them. Legends may not be super usefull for some time. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I have to disagree with you MISSRED. If you see the post the Legends or any keeper you bring over takes reg. XP and reg. Evo. While they are costly to upgrade at 1st(4x the amount of a reg. player), they are worth having at least in the beginning to help build your team through WOH and winning games. 
    Deano16 said:
    Who do I take over to 2019?

If I had to choose two hitters Ichiro and Lowrie would be my choices. Both players will be excellent in WOH with their set of skills both being active during the event. If you don’t want to just limit yourself to WOH, I would switch out the Ichiro for Harper his skill always active against righty’s.  Remember they are costly to upgrade both in XP and skills, but worth it to help you in WOH and winning games period. To me I’m using these players as bridges to getting my whole team better. Also note all keepers stats are lower than original example ATG in 18 is max 550, it’s 330 in 19, but their stats will increase over the year so by the end their Truman will be the same as 18. Now as far as pitching you can’t go wrong between  Max and Seaver. Both are studs and both excellent Aces. In the end it’s all your choice but this is just my 2 cents. Good luck! 

-UltimateWarrior-
  • GGW4MikeGGW4Mike Registered Users, Member 41 Posts

Ultimate Warrior who do you suggest I take over to 19? The post of my team is above^
    GGW4Mike said:
    Ultimate Warrior who do you suggest I take over to 19? The post of my team is above^
    Well If I was you  I would take Martinez and Odor. Both good for WOH and regular games with in scoring position and blowout skills for respective players. As far as pitching goes you can’t go wrong with either Bum or John. I personally like Johns skills bc it’s active in theory through the whole game  Vs. Bum has late innings so I would naturally lean towards John. I’m not familiar with their maxes, but if Bum max is 20-30 points higher than John I would take him instead. If you didn’t get anyone this weekend boxes those would be my choices. But it is up to you Good Luck Bro! 

-UltimateWarrior-
    That's exactly who I was leaning towards. Baum has been clutch for me. Will he still upgrade the same way in 19?
    GGW4Mike said:
    That's exactly who I was leaning towards. Baum has been clutch for me. Will he still upgrade the same way in 19?
    They upgrade differently then this past year. Everyone uses reg. XP and reg. Evo. Keepers are also much more costly than regular players. Keepers are 4x XP than a regular player. Example is regular 19 player may need 100 XP to go from bronze 5 to bronze 6, Keepers will require 400xp at that same level. Skills are extremely expensive and probably won’t be upgraded at the same extent as people did in 18. To go from skill 1-2 is 50k cash 2-3 is $125k. Good luck in 19 bro!
  • Reds44MagnumReds44Magnum Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    So I have both Ichiro 540 and Shawn Green 535 with double WOH, but both lefties. Should I keep them anyway, or go with Posey 540 with double skills (vs lefty and scoring pos), or Molina 515 with walk off and scoring position, to get a righty in there who has skills during regular games also
    So I have both Ichiro 540 and Shawn Green 535 with double WOH, but both lefties. Should I keep them anyway, or go with Posey 540 with double skills (vs lefty and scoring pos), or Molina 515 with walk off and scoring position, to get a righty in there who has skills during regular games also

I wouldn’t do both Lefty’s, but a combination of Ichiro and Posey is your best bet. Both good for WOH and Posey works for reg. games.  As you know C, 1B the hardest positions to fill so Posey definitely a good choice. Good luck and have fun with 19!
  • damnyouyanksdamnyouyanks Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Should I keep Mallex Smith, he’s a boosted gamechanger, will he lose his boost if I move him over to 2019?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Should I keep Mallex Smith, he’s a boosted gamechanger, will he lose his boost if I move him over to 2019?
    All players lose their boost when u take them to 19
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Still unsure on that but regardless he only has one skill.  Ideally you have two skill guys that make more sense
    A game changer will loose its boost and like someone said in the post above he only has one boost. You definitely want to take guys with double skills and have higher overalls.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I took Jed and Hosmer, pulls have been a little mediocre so far but I’m doing ok otherwise.