PW Failed Quota? So, how many tries before the message should appear...

ZorenZoren Registered Users 84 Posts
wrote:
Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed log in quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

does it mean i have a few # of tries before this message shows up again? ok, i have a paw like fingers so i inadvertently entered the wrong pw but i tried only once the message showed up where is the quota then...

there should be a protocol for this message to be reset so the next day you log in and made an error it wont show this message that i have reached a failed log in quota on my first try to log in and wait 15 minutes to log back in and not only that it took more that 15 minutes or is it just me with this experienced.... ciao! have a nice nite!
Gone Hibernation! Don't Mind Me! I Wont Mind You!

Comments

• shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I believe you have 5 tries to get it right. If you hit the wrong key or whatever 5 times, then it locks you out for 15 minutes before you can try again. I have ran into hitting the wrong key on my phone and have been locked out. I have so much more success with my lappy lol.
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • ZorenZoren Registered Users 84 Posts
    i think i've seen that 5 times but my question is when you reached that 5 times quota, there should be reset in the system to revert it again to zero so that whenever you try to log back in and make another mistake you again have another free tries before it locks you out for a period of time.... you know it took me 15 eons of time to log back in cuz whenever i tried knowing 15 eons just past it say the same thing and i'm not trying to key in my pasword its in a notepad i just copy&paste so it can't be a typo error...
    I had that happen to me last night too. I must have sat idle too long and it logged me out. That "wait 15 min". message appeared and I waited, but still couldn't get in. So I waited 20 min. and still had problems. I finally got in after an eon, like you. It must be very sensitive. I was using my laptop and there was no typing involved, like in your case zoren. It gets frustrating after the 1st eon. I am glad I didn't have the 15 eon wait like you.
    told you something is abit sketchy in that failed log in message. then you must know how it gets you somehow frustrated cuz you can't log in right away specially if you see that spam yesterday and you cant do something cuz youre locked out. then you think your 15 eon is up but missed the count by a fraction of a sec then you get another 15 eon cuz you log in too early too soon.... if you have to a job to do then it really is frustrating on you part....
    Zoren wrote: »
    told you something is abit sketchy in that failed log in message. then you must know how it gets you somehow frustrated cuz you can't log in right away specially if you see that spam yesterday and you cant do something cuz youre locked out. then you think your 15 eon is up but missed the count by a fraction of a sec then you get another 15 eon cuz you log in too early too soon.... if you have to a job to do then it really is frustrating on you part....
    Yes, You have that one on the nose. I was locked out when that spam was being posted, so when I made it back in,,,,thankfully it was already taken care of. But I would like to try to get to it so glamazon or the other admins don't have to be bothered with it. I finally had to do the "contact us" to get in. I don't know if I finally got in because a couple of eons had passed or it one of the superadmins helped me out. Either way, I hope that doesn't happen again.
    actually i did tapped on the report post probably it got alerted the admins.... but going on the original thread i think a "captcha" is morethan enough to verify the user is legit or make a reset protocol on the pw failed quota or whatever they think is better... thats just an opinion and thats just me..... ciao!
    I agree zoren. Hopefully it will be taken into consideration.:cool:
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Just a quick update, this issue should no longer happen. Some changes were made recently to address a few things including a portion that was affecting this login. Let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.
  • BathBath Registered Users 3 Posts
    I am still unable to log on. Getting wrong password. Failed logo. I am about to give up on this game and all your products.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Bath wrote: »
    I am still unable to log on. Getting wrong password. Failed logo. I am about to give up on this game and all your products.

Hi Bath,

this thread is talking about the forum login, not Dragon Storm. If you are experiencing a problem with the game login, please see this thread here.

Thank you.
    http://www.glu.com/forumthreadview/50066?page=&back= User NeilThompson88 says he can't logged in he posted this link in the old forum. Please check the link. Merci bocoup!