Very impressive Glu

Comments

• I have a bad back pain and someone actually shared about that - but it was removed.
    And I didn't had the chance to copy the article. That's what happened when you have 10 SUPER ADMIN handlers here.
    You never know which piece of good article had been removed.
    I think the only person I spoke to in here is to you and the Turpin guy.
    So much for activity. I keep my bets on the other side. Here - I'll come back maybe after 2 months later.
    Hopefully, there is some progress (I mean real progress - not the cosmetic stuff they're adding here)

Maybe you can talk to whoever SUPER ADMIN that removed the article on how to cure back pain. It was a good article at least it was about General Discussion.
  • Too many cooks spoil the broil.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    At least 100 of those ads are spammed in each day. If they were left, there would be nothing but drug ads to go through and you wouldn't be able to have the conversations on the subjects that you mentioned. I have found very good and interesting ways to deal with my back pain by doing internet searches. If I come across some really good ones and you are still around, I will be happy to pass where I found them on to you.;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Hi Richard. Though the activities of the admins do not require any explanation, I do have some responses. First, the number of admins you count are mostly volunteers who have admin capabilities but don't necessarily use them- you can see that by post counts. Many folks have volunteered their time on these new forums because the old ones are not universally functional, full of bugs and difficult to follow, so because they prefer to be here, they are getting more involved. That said, there are far fewer active admins than appear with admin access.

Second, the old forums are being taken down because 90% of the activity on them is spam.

Third, if your personal post was removed it would have only been because it appeared to be spam. If that was a mistake, we certainly apologize and can look into finding the thread/article for you.

This interaction we are having here now would not have been possible in the old forum because I wouldn't have even seen this post- it would have been drowned out by spam within a few hours. If you are invested in having more activity, I'd recommend getting engaged here whenever you want to, but please know that the old forums will be removed within a matter of weeks.

And finally, football threads will certainly not be removed here. In fact, I'm looking forward to baseball conversations starting up with the new season. So in that case, only Pro-Yankees threads will be removed by this Red Sox fan. (kidding)
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Following up, I looked into the back pain posts (something I could not have done easily on the old forum, incidentally). They were all spam posts coming from spamming IP addresses. That is why they were removed. Similarly, there were posts on creating websites and other types of posts that are essentially camouflage for spammers. I hope that helps explain why certain posts were removed.
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    My two cents....I can confirm that there are admins that are volunteers. I also posted in the introductions forum, and add your can read there, I am an engineer, but am also interested in improving the Glu community - hence the sudden involvement.

I can also confirm that most of the admins are doing nothing malicious, but have that title to make it clear that we are Glu employees and to help keep an eye on the forums. Oh yeah, also to have some fun with you guys.
    happy gaming
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    My two cents, quit complaining. A forum is what you make of it. Nobody's handcuffed to this site. Just stop being rude, these people are here to help. I don't care if there are 20 mods in here. What does it matter? Looks like there are bigger problems to deal with in the world than mods. Fight world hunger, you know something constructive.... just sayin.
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Rich that does stink if your thread got deleted About back pain. I myself do have a bad back Was in a motorcycle accident I literally was wrapped around a tree and lost a kidney Broke 3 ribs fractured my hip And hurt my back pretty bad. It would have been nice To hear what other ways people have to cure back pain Without becoming addicted to pain medication. I do little stretches to loosen up my back Ice and heat patches And I do get shots in my back.

Rich I hope you do give the site a chance it is really awesome. Let it work in your favor.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    As u see the wolf pack has been here since its into as we are trying to fully take advantage of new forums, as the old ones disappear users will come here and want to know its capabilities , so we can show users what happens when they get what we ask for. So Richard can u not be such a Richard Cranium about it if u enjoy the old site go have fun before the sun sets but dont come here looking for trouble there is more then u can handle and thats before any mod or admin gets involved
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
    I have been thinking about this"Wolf pack Island" game lol Could you imagine what the characters would look like? ha ha
    Shanny My Wolf character Would have the biggest Snout. Because I do have a big nose. It arrives at a corner before I do.......lol

Come on glued just think about it If there was a Wolfpack island game people would have to try to get on it And the Wolfpack would have to defend it. and then it just goes on from there.......;)
  • Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    I think wolfpack island is a dark and scary place were hydras, trolls, spam artists and little dragons get ravaged by a pack of noble strong willed predators one of them is strong enough to kill the strongest of opponents but as a pack that patrols its island together they are unstopable
    P.S. Go TIGERS thats for u glamazon...lol
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
    The dark lord is so knowledgeable. Well said master. Lol. Rocky's not being mean to the guy but no whining. You know. Thanks for backing me..
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • Glamazon wrote: »
    Hi Richard. Though the activities of the admins do not require any explanation, I do have some responses. First, the number of admins you count are mostly volunteers who have admin capabilities but don't necessarily use them- you can see that by post counts. Many folks have volunteered their time on these new forums because the old ones are not universally functional, full of bugs and difficult to follow, so because they prefer to be here, they are getting more involved. That said, there are far fewer active admins than appear with admin access.

Second, the old forums are being taken down because 90% of the activity on them is spam.

Third, if your personal post was removed it would have only been because it appeared to be spam. If that was a mistake, we certainly apologize and can look into finding the thread/article for you.

This interaction we are having here now would not have been possible in the old forum because I wouldn't have even seen this post- it would have been drowned out by spam within a few hours. If you are invested in having more activity, I'd recommend getting engaged here whenever you want to, but please know that the old forums will be removed within a matter of weeks.

And finally, football threads will certainly not be removed here. In fact, I'm looking forward to baseball conversations starting up with the new season. So in that case, only Pro-Yankees threads will be removed by this Red Sox fan. (kidding)

I see Gluamazon (SUPER ADMIN) and Shanny (Moderator) had been helpful and patient whenever they are needed. My activities also do not need explanation. If you are worried about spam - I noticed there is a whole new type of spam which you will have to worry.

To put the record straight, Dragons DO NOT wreak havoc senselessly. I don't go around burning (spamming) helpless villages.

But I DO go around burning evil - which is the sissy pack of wolfies!

So the next time, you see me, I'm messing the wolfies and their ALPHA OMEGA! And they can't do anything to a DRAGON!

They can bark and wag their tails but I'm flying up there blowing my breath of fire on them.

Wolfies - BOW BEFORE YOUR DESTRUCTION!
  • wacamoe wrote: »
    My two cents....I can confirm that there are admins that are volunteers. I also posted in the introductions forum, and add your can read there, I am an engineer, but am also interested in improving the Glu community - hence the sudden involvement.

I can also confirm that most of the admins are doing nothing malicious, but have that title to make it clear that we are Glu employees and to help keep an eye on the forums. Oh yeah, also to have some fun with you guys.

Wow - a SUPER ADMIN (wacamoe) that is really modest and humble - not like the wolfie below you who tried to be but still behaving like a smug!

Thanks wacamoe - I'm keeping your confirmation in my Dragon's heart that the 10 SUPER ADMINS (since you said "Most" but not "All") will not do anything malicious to me again - LIKE DELETING my RESSURECTION!!

I wish Glu C1 is you but you can't be him. He is really trigger happy - I bet he was the one who deleted my account based on my IP Address!

Can you pass a message to him - "Tell him, Dragon Storm got his tail and ask him to stop ******** around with my account!"
    Correct you may fly above and below fire down on us. But you must remember you are extinct so there's no such thing as a dragons. So go Dream a Little Dream. Now on the other hand there such things as wolfs and there are many of us..........hoooooooowling
    Some people never learn. I'm about to decide your jealous. It doesn't matter, you'll screw up. You will lose...lol. hugs and kisses friend. Goodnight.
  • Turpin wrote: »
    Correct you may fly above and below fire down on us. But you must remember you are extinct so there's no such thing as a dragons. So go Dream a Little Dream. Now on the other hand there such things as wolfs and there are many of us..........hoooooooowling

Are you talking to me?
    Did you bow first?
  • Rocky Top wrote: »
    Some people never learn. I'm about to decide your jealous. It doesn't matter, you'll screw up. You will lose...lol. hugs and kisses friend. Goodnight.

Are you also talking to me?
    You do know that - you are now in my Liar in the presence of 10,000 other dragons!
    It would be wise for you, wolfie, to bow!
    And, please STOP WAGGING YOUR TAIL - it disturbs me!
    And for the rest of the pack, please ask them to wait in the main DRAGONAUT HALL!
    Dragon Storm, It would be advised that you stop this behavior. Thanks...
  • wacamoe wrote: »

Well, wacamoe, I'm pretty sad to let you know that while most (which I believe you are refering to Glu employees), there are some (which I think is the volunteers chosen to be mods) that HAD NOT DELETED my threads but there are SOME who had CHANGED MY NAME from Dragon Storm to Dragon Fan!

Ridiculous!!! I thought anyone can choose any name??? If a name was exclusive, you SHOULD AT LEAST BLOCK IT!!!

Can you even imagine some SUPER ADMIN (or MOD) going around changing the names of the so called wolves (without their consent?)

Rocky Top -> Rocky Tits
    Zoren -> Zorro
    Darthplague -> Darthvader
    Turpin -> Turpinis
    Shanny -> Shinny

It seems this site has some pretty helpful and friendly ADMINS like glamazon, francis and yourself. But you may need to watch out for the mods - they are volunteers vested with untested new powers. I see a mod (Shanny) CRAZY FOR RECOGNITION! She is so obvious!!

This place is pretty but not the place for a DRAGON! Too skimpy! And walking among wolfies behaving ALMIGHTY with their new found NEW ISLAND (hehehe) is not my type of FORUM!

CIAO! It has been my pleasure to pass through the LIAR of DRAGON STORM (and not some wolfie private island!)
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Maybe you are not getting the message that you are not welcome here with this attitude.
    Yes we can do this, this is our forum and our rules apply period and non negotiable.
    No you can't claim freedom of speech, you have to abide by our rules.

When you agree and stop the personal attacks on other users and staff then maybe we may allow you normal activities on our forum, until then, this is how it will be, like it or not.
  • ZorenZoren Registered Users 84 Posts
    The picket fences once again stood its grounds...
    Gone Hibernation! Don't Mind Me! I Wont Mind You!
    The spam is being removed as it is dumped in. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Jaycee wrote: »
    This place is filled with spammmmmsssss.
    Worst than the old site
    Lots of admins but they don't seem to be useful.".......
    Halo everybody.
    Thank you for reading

How do we know you are not the spammer in disguise? :)
    shanny wrote: »
    The spam is being removed as it is dumped in. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So they found a way to bypass certain settings, we will adjust. Keep it up and thanks for the hard work!
    Jaycee wrote: »
    This place is filled with spammmmmsssss.
    Worst than the old site
    Lots of admins but they don't seem to be useful.".......
    Halo everybody.
    Thank you for reading

This person sounds like Dragon Fan and Ireadthat. In the old form in my thread March 8 is doming, this is what was said. Almost word for word. This person is a big spammers/troublesome.
    And I just wanted to tell Glu you know very impressive..... geez
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Everybody knows you wouldnt start stuff Turp! Nice to see Admins here on the weekend,spam has taken over many weekends
    Turpin wrote: »
    This person sounds like Dragon Fan and Ireadthat. In the old form in my thread March 8 is doming, this is what was said. Almost word for word. This person is a big spammers/troublesome.
    I think you are exactly right about that. Everything is exactly as it was before as far as what's being said. But it won't get to the point that it was before. No way!!!!;)