Games that makes you stroll back memory lane

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
Before games for Android and Apple devices became popular, there were these games. I know, my age might be showing. There are other games that I have not mentioned that are just as good or even better than my list. I am not here to say these are the best games there is. Just sharing.

1. Altered Beast (Sega and Family Com) - main character morphs into creatures, side scrolling. simple and classic game

2. Contra (Family Com) - if you ever had a Family Com or NES, this is one game that you should be familiar with and the ever famous "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left Right ..."

3. Chrono Trigger (Family Com, Game Boy Advance) - one of my favorite RPGs. And even now still is.

4. Fire Emblem (Family Com, Game Boy Advance) - another good RPG. What makes it nice is you get the chance to develop relationships with the characters. Also, when they die, they die.

5. Knights of Xentar (PC) - RPG but not for kids.

6. Might and Magic (PC) - before I got hooked with Magic the Gathering, I would spend hours playing this game with friends.

7. Super Robot Wars (Family Com, Playstation) - I can never stop playing this game(s) even if many of the versions are Japanese only. Well, Super Robot Wars OG has an English translation.

8. Xenogear (Playstation) - The theme song of this game is one of my favorites.

9. Resident Evil (Playstation) - The main reason why I play CKZ is because of this game. Although I have never finished any game.

10. Bust a Move (Playstation) - Fun dancing game.

Feel free to give comments and feedback. Good games deserve to be shared and enjoyed.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
Prev1

Comments

• TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    My down the memory lane games r... Missile Command, knockout, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong. All of these games are Arcade games.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (love Tails) and Mortal Kombat are mine. I remember playing those at sleepover parties.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    My down the memory lane games r... Missile Command, knockout, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong. All of these games are Arcade games.
    Those are the same ones that I think of too Turpin. Along with Pac Man and his female counterpart, Defender, Asteroids (not hemorrhoids lol), Super Mario Bro. etc.

Ah yes.. and of course Mortal Combat "Fight!!!" ha ha
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Is this the Knockout where you fight Mike Tyson in the final round? Not sure if this is the one that comes into mind.

Mortal Kombat ... one "bloody" game. Fatality wins. I also remember there was a trick "Friendship" in the game.

My favorite character is Raiden.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Don't forget

Rampart
    Lemmings
    Tetris
    Star Control
    Red Storm Rising
    Falcon 3.0
  • ZorenZoren Registered Users 84 Posts
    hmm... i'm just gonna google search each one of those games and i'm gonna figure out how old are you guys! lol!

have a nice nite! ciao!
    Gone Hibernation! Don't Mind Me! I Wont Mind You!
    Francis wrote: »
    Don't forget

Rampart
    Lemmings
    Tetris
    Star Control
    Red Storm Rising
    Falcon 3.0

Oh yeah, Lemmings. Suicidal bunch if you ask me.
    Zoren wrote: »
    hmm... i'm just gonna google search each one of those games and i'm gonna figure out how old are you guys! lol!

have a nice nite! ciao!

The earliest Nintendo Family Computer games came out during the 80's. That should already give you an idea for my age. Cheers.
  • Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Some great games metal gear solid series, god of war ,tiger woods 2005, and how can we forget Goldfinger Nintendo64 now thats a first person multi player shooter i loved hydro thunder for the arcade golden axe was fun to.
    ps altered beast had a man, a werewolf, and a dragon...lol
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along

have a nice nite! ciao!
    How many times to I have to tell you zoren, that it's not a matter of being "old". Age=experience!!!!! lol It's a good thing.:p
    Some great games metal gear solid series, god of war ,tiger woods 2005, and how can we forget Goldfinger Nintendo64 now thats a first person multi player shooter i loved hydro thunder for the arcade golden axe was fun to.
    ps altered beast had a man, a werewolf, and a dragon...lol

I had a Nintendo 64 but did not have the chance to get a Goldfinger game. And yes, altered beast had a morphed animal for each stage. The dragon was my favorite.
    shanny wrote: »
    How many times to I have to tell you zoren, that it's not a matter of being "old". Age=experience!!!!! lol It's a good thing.:p

In that case shanny, I should consider myself a very good aged red wine. Heheh.
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts

have a nice nite! ciao!
    Don't have to google. Lol. Late 30's to early 40's. Turpin, You had an atari didn't you? Ah, the days of arcades. Spent no telling how many quarters on galaga, dig dug, and everyone was addicted to pac- man. I'd say there is several late 60's and early 70's babies in this crowd.
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • ZorenZoren Registered Users 84 Posts
    Rocky Top wrote: »
    Don't have to google. Lol. Late 30's to early 40's. Turpin, You had an atari didn't you? Ah, the days of arcades. Spent no telling how many quarters on galaga, dig dug, and everyone was addicted to pac- man. I'd say there is several late 60's and early 70's babies in this crowd.

actually, i was after glamazon's age bracket lol!:p
    Gone Hibernation! Don't Mind Me! I Wont Mind You!
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Is this the Knockout where you fight Mike Tyson in the final round? Not sure if this is the one that comes into mind.

Mortal Kombat ... one "bloody" game. Fatality wins. I also remember there was a trick "Friendship" in the game.

My favorite character is Raiden.

No this was before his time......lol
    It was the sandman. Then u fought the gang but in a different level.
    shanny wrote: »
    Those are the same ones that I think of too Turpin. Along with Pac Man and his female counterpart, Defender, Asteroids (not hemorrhoids lol), Super Mario Bro. etc.

Ah yes.. and of course Mortal Combat "Fight!!!" ha ha

Yup Shanny those were the days......lol
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Speaking of nostalgic games, I'm watching Wreck It Ralph right now and this movie is quite a throw back... :) It's cute.
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    I'm a sucker for Myst and anything Zelda related.
    happy gaming
    I've never tried the Zelda games. My son loves those. I went many years without even playing games. Then I got my first smart phone about year ago (yes,,kind of late lol) and stumbled across DHR, which led me to ggn, which led me to all the other games. And the rest is history...... lol. I'm a junkie again!! (video game junkie that is)
    wacamoe wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for Myst and anything Zelda related.

Ah. Zelda. The very first game and the Link to the Past are my favorite versions. But then again most of the Zelda games are good - story wise and character development.
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Speaking of nostalgic games, I'm watching Wreck It Ralph right now and this movie is quite a throw back... :) It's cute.

Definitely brings you back to arcade games like Donkey Kong and Pole Position (correct me if I am wrong).
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Definitely brings you back to arcade games like Donkey Kong and Pole Position (correct me if I am wrong).

For sure Donkey Kong. That was 1 of my favorites.
    Turpin wrote: »
    For sure Donkey Kong. That was 1 of my favorites.

And with Donkey Kong came Super Mario Bros. Donkey Kong was the game that featured the plumber Mario. Well, quite many gamers should be familiar with Mario and his brother Luigi. One of the best Mario games would definitely be Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Family Computer/NES.
  • EinzEinz Registered Users 17 Posts
    Who can't forget super Mario bros, donkey Kong..irritating one and especially sonic the hedgehog. It's where gamers will be glued day by day..asuh those where the days:rolleyes:
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Cant believe there are gamers that havent heard of Tetris! When i get my I phone figured out,thats one game i have to have,that&spider solitaire :-) did anybody else get into the Sims? I only played Sim City but my kids played others
  • AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Myst was awesome. Anyone ever played Sanitarium? I loved Mortal Kombat too. I was into pc games growing up. Doom, Quake, Heretic... Got a Nintendo 64 when I was in high school that was cool. Man, I missed out on the early Sega and Nintendo games....too bad. I was on my brother's Commodore 64 typing commands into a green and black screen when I was about six. Ah, floppy disks (lol i had to edit that you should have seen what i typed)... those were the days. Never played the Sims games......
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    gmabob26 wrote: »
    Cant believe there are gamers that havent heard of Tetris! When i get my I phone figured out,thats one game i have to have,that&spider solitaire :-) did anybody else get into the Sims? I only played Sim City but my kids played others

Go to the first page of this thread and post #6. Beat you to it :p
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Francis wrote: »
    Go to the first page of this thread and post #6. Beat you to it :p

Ok Francis. I picked you on GB2. Don't let me down... lol.....
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
    Yeah, Tetris and many of its incarnations. Simple yet fun. I like the tetris-like version where there are capcom characters in the background.

Before Quake and Counterstrike, there was Wolfenstien and Doom (the ever ominous BFG).
    AY420 wrote: »
    Myst was awesome. Anyone ever played Sanitarium? I loved Mortal Kombat too. I was into pc games growing up. Doom, Quake, Heretic... Got a Nintendo 64 when I was in high school that was cool. Man, I missed out on the early Sega and Nintendo games....too bad. I was on my brother's Commodore 64 typing commands into a green and black screen when I was about six. Ah, floppy disks (lol i had to edit that you should have seen what i typed)... those were the days. Never played the Sims games......

Well, there are always free roms where you can play classic NES and Sega games.