Winter wonderland

TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
Ok ever since Punxsutawney Phil Came out and said we having a short winter..... it just has not stop snowing We just received 2 to 3 inches of wet snow.... now tonight is a storm coming in 4 to 8 inches of snow high winds with power outages. Really... okay let's do it then more snow.
One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..

Comments

• gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    So glad you got that generator! Our last snows almost gone,have a slight chance for more which means a blizzard or nothing! Have you made the snow ice cream yet?
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Heelllloooo. How's it going Turp. You guys have had your share of snow. I would love to see a good winter for us like that. Just snow, don't need the outages and stuff like that. Our weather is so screwed up. This morning at my house, there was 2" of snow on the ground. Temp. wasn't bad and the roads were ok. By tomorrow evening, we are going to be back in the high 60's. It's easy to catch cold, flu, or ect. Anymore I don't catch colds. I just keep one all the time. lol. Well you be good and carry on. Stay warm and dry. Make sure you got plenty of food. Most of all, stay safe. Talk to ya later....
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    So true about the generator really happy I have 1. Took it out the other week to test it out Yeah it works can't wait to bring it camping too. No snow ice cream Just a little family a snowman. Which has melted away. I was starting to get ready For the spring Looks like that is going on hold.....lol
    gmabob26 wrote: »
    So glad you got that generator! Our last snows almost gone,have a slight chance for more which means a blizzard or nothing! Have you made the snow ice cream yet?

Gma, you guys have any snow?
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    We got 6-8 inches couple weeks ago,may get more this weekend:o really need the moisture.kinda scary when theres prescribed burns just a few miles outside of town. Seriously Turp,go get a good sized bowl of snow,sprinkle sugar on it,add a little vanilla then milk&stir.you can make it runny enough for lil man but it'll still taste like homemade
    Yeah, that's pretty rough. All we ever get is rain, rain, rain. No snow. I wish we would have one. People down here freak when it snows 2". They even closed schools today..lol.. over two inches???? That's my county taxes hard at work. lol.
    Rocky Top wrote: »
    Heelllloooo. How's it going Turp. You guys have had your share of snow. I would love to see a good winter for us like that. Just snow, don't need the outages and stuff like that. Our weather is so screwed up. This morning at my house, there was 2" of snow on the ground. Temp. wasn't bad and the roads were ok. By tomorrow evening, we are going to be back in the high 60's. It's easy to catch cold, flu, or ect. Anymore I don't catch colds. I just keep one all the time. lol. Well you be good and carry on. Stay warm and dry. Make sure you got plenty of food. Most of all, stay safe. Talk to ya later....

Rocky it sounds like we have the same weather. Thanks I will be safe. My cabinets and freezer and fridge r full.
    LOL. I'm in chicago right now. Going back home Saturday. Had to come up and look at job. They got plenty of snow here. it doesn't freak you guys out as much. Life is just crusin' here. God, I'm so homesick already. Eatin' lunch and thought I would tell you guys hello. Gotta get back after it. See ya.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    I just wanted to share the winter that we are having down here in Arizona right now. I was driving my convertible topless yesterday (top down), and got sunburned. Dang it !!!! lol. I did think about all of you guys that are having to shovel snow and stuff though while I was doing it. haha. It has been a crazy winter,,,,, We had snow, but it didn't stick of course just 3 weeks ago, and now we are back in our shorts, tank tops, and driving topless. If you all want a break from the "white stuff', come on down and pay me a visit. lol:cool: Just don't forget your shades!!
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    The snow will just not stop. There is already 8 to 10 inches on the ground And it is still snowing really bad outside. I only shoveled out my driveway which stinks because I usually do the handicap driveways which is 4 of them. Man I only thought we were supposed to get like 6 to 8 inches. Well least my wife has a half day today and she will come home to a clean driveway...... I will have a shovelfull day.......lol
  • TranZzzTranZzz Registered Users 61 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    The snow will just not stop. There is already 8 to 10 inches on the ground And it is still snowing really bad outside. I only shoveled out my driveway which stinks because I usually do the handicap driveways which is 4 of them. Man I only thought we were supposed to get like 6 to 8 inches. Well least my wife has a half day today and she will come home to a clean driveway...... I will have a shovelfull day.......lol

Strong man with a big shovel.. lol
    I like what I do, I do what I like. Just do it.
    Becareful Turp... dont push urself too hard...
    And I think you need a dozen of Red Bull.. lol.. :)
    TranZzz wrote: »
    Becareful Turp... dont push urself too hard...
    And I think you need a dozen of Red Bull.. lol.. :)

Thanks TranZzz I will not push myself to hide. Slow and steady get you to the end of the race.
    I've been up since 5 a.m. 4 cups of coffee later........ and a shovel in my hand....lol

Heading outside to do 1 more driveway. I will be prowling around later.;)
    Turpin wrote: »
    Thanks TranZzz I will not push myself to hide. Slow and steady get you to the end of the race.
    I've been up since 5 a.m. 4 cups of coffee later........ and a shovel in my hand....lol

Heading outside to do 1 more driveway. I will be prowling around later.;)

damn.. 4 cups of coffee.. but it is better than a dozen of red bull.. lol
    with your big shovel you can find something to prowl in the snow.. hydras maybe.. lol
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Y'all are lucky, here in the desert we rarely get snow just mild winters and furnace heat during the summer. I keep reminding myself its just a dry heat lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    TranZzz wrote: »
    damn.. 4 cups of coffee.. but it is better than a dozen of red bull.. lol
    with your big shovel you can find something to prowl in the snow.. hydras maybe.. lol

Them scary creatures do not like the cold weather....:(