Games that makes you stroll back memory lane

2Next

Comments

• Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Does anyone remember a computer game called Oregon Trail?
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Rocky Top wrote: »
    Ok Francis. I picked you on GB2. Don't let me down... lol.....

LOL, Thanks Rocky, you will not be disappointed... and shhh don't tell Percy, he's still my Bro , you know ;)
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Yeah, Tetris and many of its incarnations. Simple yet fun. I like the tetris-like version where there are capcom characters in the background.

Before Quake and Counterstrike, there was Wolfenstien and Doom (the ever ominous BFG).

OMG, Castle Wolfenstein was the best, the ever immortal sound bite of "I got a present for ya!" Definitely good times on this one :D
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Lmbbo!;) gotta love a forum where the Admins are as smart aleck as the gamers!
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Does anyone remember a computer game called Oregon Trail?

Heck yeah I do- playing it in the computer lab at school. I remember having an ox, and people could die of Typhoid fever.
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Heck yeah I do- playing it in the computer lab at school. I remember having an ox, and people could die of Typhoid fever.

I do remember the game Harvest Moon where you get to build your own farm, go on dates and get married.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    Francis wrote: »
    LOL, Thanks Rocky, you will not be disappointed... and shhh don't tell Percy, he's still my Bro , you know ;)

OMG, Castle Wolfenstein was the best, the ever immortal sound bite of "I got a present for ya!" Definitely good times on this one :D

Yep, that was the original Doom. Graphics do not compare with the newer games but it is one of the pioneer platforms.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
    I remember Oregon Trail and Wolfenstein! Duke Nukem was good too. Good stuff... I do know about the platform emulators Dilg, I have some of them but never really got into playing them. I'll have to check them out. So many games....so little time.....
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Okay I got a couple more here ready...
    Root beer tapper- Bar tender had to serve Rowdy people and catch their classes as they threw it back.

Joust 1 and 2- Fly on an ostrich With a sword and hit people and take their eggs.

Paper boy- Riding your bike throwing The newspaper avoiding obstacles

Those are some good games
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
    Hmmmm ... here are some more.

1. Circus Charlie - Clown going thru a lot of stunts and tricks
    2. Adventure Island - Caveman killing various prehistoric animals
    3. Gradius - classic shooter where you collect options to get better weapons
    4. Castlevania - Vampire hunter with whip (The Symphony of Night focuses on a half vampire with a sword)
    5. Bomberman - bombs galore
    6. Terminator 2: Judgement Day for the Gameboy
    7. Golden Axe
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »

Paper boy- Riding your bike throwing The newspaper avoiding obstacles

Woohoo, props for this one. It's a Glu game and here's the link :)
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    Okay I got a couple more here ready...
    Root beer tapper- Bar tender had to serve Rowdy people and catch their classes as they threw it back.

Joust 1 and 2- Fly on an ostrich With a sword and hit people and take their eggs.

Paper boy- Riding your bike throwing The newspaper avoiding obsta

Those are some good games

Good call. Joust was awesome. Remember street fighter? What about Starfox. Lol. One of Sega's finest. If the poor guys had a finest..
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
    Ooo man im dieing for some old school games right now ...lol
    some great games of the past getting listed but no game sucked me in like Metal Gear Solid for ps1 staying up till 3am going to work at 7am only to get off and play till 3am amd repeat good time ..hahaha
    Ps glad u said something to yoda rocky :cool:
    Ooo man im dieing for some old school games right now ...lol
    some great games of the past getting listed but no game sucked me in like Metal Gear Solid for ps1 staying up till 3am going to work at 7am only to get off and play till 3am amd repeat good time ..hahaha
    Ps glad u said something to yoda rocky :cool:

How are you master? Good to see you. I bow in your presence dark one.lol...
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
    Good call. Joust was awesome. Remember street fighter? What about Starfox. Lol. One of Sega's finest. If the poor guys had a finest..

Street fighter is a classic in the fighting arcade genre, especially street fighter 2. In fairness, sega came up with the dreamcast and it one of the best consoles that came out. Cheers.
    How are you master? Good to see you. I bow in your presence dark one.lol...
    Good my lizard king hope u are well.
    Im counting down to end of the old forum and preparing my battle armor for tomorrow
    And a bow u great Lizard King, my apprentice the force is with us
    Good my lizard king hope u are well.
    Im counting down to end of the old forum and preparing my battle armor for tomorrow
    And a bow u great Lizard King, my apprentice the force is with us

Lol. Ready and willing for both. I am well. Thanks for asking. We will prevail .
  • marypopcornmarypopcorn Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hello morning, i need more glu, can you help me... and can you gift me a glu.
  • marypopcornmarypopcorn Registered Users 2 Posts
    I need some help..... i need more and more glu....,..
    I need some help..... i need more and more glu....,..

I suggest you try visiting the post on how to get free glu gold and visit the various forums of glu games for tips. You can send me a message if you have questions. Please expect that these posts might be moved to the more appropriate forums. Cheers and happy gaming.
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    I suggest you try visiting the post on how to get free glu gold and visit the various forums of glu games for tips. You can send me a message if you have questions. Please expect that these posts might be moved to the more appropriate forums. Cheers and happy gaming.

Very nice....I like your style. Just sayin'. Peace..
    You are most welcome my friend. Just giving the necessary help to new peps.

Cheers, Rocky.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    This is not a console game. But this is a game from the past.....

Rockem sockem robots.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • someGUYwithADHDsomeGUYwithADHD Registered Users 52 Posts
    I miss earthbound for super nintendo....... (BTW anyone playing gun bros 1 or 2 wanna play?)
    YES.... I REALLY have A.D.H.D., why is that so hard to believe?

"A man who makes no mistakes, is a man who does nothing at all." -Favorite Quote
    Does anyone know of any good RPGs that came out with a PS2? I mean good story, interface and replay value?

I may be getting a PS2 sometime soon.
    For ps2 there are a ton it depends on exactly what u think u will look for
    Devil may cry is good
    Metal Gear Solid
    Legacy of kain soul reaver
    there a a few final fantasy games to check out
    if u like old west games u should check out a game called GUN awesome game
    For ps2 there are a ton it depends on exactly what u think u will look for
    Devil may cry is good
    Metal Gear Solid
    Legacy of kain soul reaver
    there a a few final fantasy games to check out
    if u like old west games u should check out a game called GUN awesome game

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm checking if there is an Armored Core game or the typical non-Final Fantasy RPGs. Hmm ... Devil May Cry sounds nice. I watched the anime of that game.
    God of war is a great one to and i think there is an armored core game to
    This was for ps2 not ps3 right
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Omgosh PONG......intellivision......Commodore 64 were all early consoles... Or at least that's what google says. ;-)
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    If you are talking of old games they should be pong and pacman.
  • Lynette012Lynette012 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    It's awesome to see classics like Altered Beast and Contra on your list! Those games bring back so many memories. If you enjoy action-packed games like Contra, you might also like Ultimate Free Fire, an adrenaline-pumping action game for Android and Apple devices. Give it a try and unleash your inner gamer!