Lets talk about cartoons and anime

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
I have been a fan of cartoons and anime for a while. In terms of anime, i have been collecting since 1980. Here are some of my all time favorites.

1. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - i even have the original toys and a still working atac trak.

2. Astroboy - one of the most popular robots in anime. Made by the god manga himself, Ozamu Tezuka

3. Gaogaigar - the very last yusha series by Takara and by far one of the best

4. Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

5. Transformers Generation 1 - I love Grimlock and Optimus Prime

6. One Piece - still collecting and watching it

7. Fairy Tail - magic and fantasy, from the same manga artist who made Groove Adventure Rave

8. Avatar the Legend of Aang

9. Mobile Suit Fighters G Gundam

10. High school of the dead - Contract Killer Zombies meets anime high school kids

And there are many more to count. Feel free to share your favorites. Cheers.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Man ur right on i liked Thundercats as a kid as well o and my castle in Lil Kingdom is Greyskull...lol
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    I like the old ones Tom and Jerry Bugs Bunny Woody Woodpecker Underdog Bullwinkle and rocky.

But the new ones How to Train Your Dragon is awesome.
    Well yes can't forget johnny test And Ben 10.

Too good Topics right on.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    My idea of cartoons are still the Bugs Bunny clan. Taz, Wiley E. Coyote, The Roadrunner, Daffy and friends will always have the font seat when it comes to cartoons. He-Man and SKelator are also pretty good. I never really got into the anime stuff. Probably because of my age. Cartoons don't get much of my time anymore. I find it amazing at the quality of cartoons these days though. Some of them are better quality than some supposed "box buster" movies! lol Animation land has come a longggg way!!!;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    My friends here are more of the classics:

Inhumanoids, Visionaries, Mask, Gummybears, Ducktales, Tailspin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Silverhawks, the 1980s Hulk Animation, ... Some of theseare so good i still remember their theme songs especial Rescue Rangers and Ducktales. Weekends are not complete without them.

Feedback welcome my friends.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    Thundercats was nice. Not sure about the new cartoons but the ranklin and bass was the best... Now i got last song syndrome. Thanks Darth.
  • grelegrele Registered Users 73 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    I like the old ones Tom and Jerry Bugs Bunny Woody Woodpecker Underdog Bullwinkle and rocky.

But the new ones How to Train Your Dragon is awesome.
    Well yes can't forget johnny test And Ben 10.

Too good Topics right on.
    I agree with you Turp.... But I must prohibit Tom&Jerry to my 4Y daughter since she was able to watch it for hours LOL And especially early episodes (till 1980s)
    Bugs Bunny & co are awesome also and not to mention Pink Panther...
    Cartoons that are classic enough that the are household names: Looney Tunes, Hannah Barbera cartoons like Yogi Bear, Flintstones, Jetsons , Merrie Melodies and classic Disney shorts.

Other cartoons that come to mind are Classic Laurel and Hardy, Scooby Doo and the Three Stooges.
  • HotspursHotspurs Registered Users 6 Posts
    What memories. Yogi Bear Flintstones et al you guys have got it covered.....
    hold on .....ahh!! tip of ....TOPCAT ok TC.
    Hope all you wolves are mis-behaving lol.
    Life's a bit complicated for the foreseeable...don't mean to be rude- not blanking you guys but priorities to sort. "That's all Folks"
    For Harry.. St.George & England.lol.
    As Arnie would say.....
    Let me add some more obsure cartoons - Heathcliffe, Garfield and Friends, What a Mess, Dennis the Menace, Space Ghost, Heckle and Jeckle/Quackula, Archie, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures ... list goes on.

Heathcliffe was more chaotic than Garfield in my opinion. "Heathcliffe, Heathcliffe, no one cooould ... terrorize the neighborhood"

Tiny Toons was hillarious ... "with Plucky, Dizzy Devil, Furball's a plucky and Gogo is insane!"

Enjoy.
    How about 2 stupid dogs, the mask.

Have not seen these on here Jonny Quest, Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Sylvester and Tweety, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo

I think we forgot these Superman, Spider Man, Batman and he man.

Some of the best cartoons ever.
  • TranZzzTranZzz Registered Users 61 Posts
    Lifetime cartoon.. Tom & Jerry.. lol.. mysterious and weird love.. they hate each other but need each other..
    They always miss each other.. what a life..
    Japan anime is great too.. i love dragon ball when i was a kid..

And i think the next great cartoon will be SHOVEL MAN...
    Kidding Turp.. lol
    And peace..
    I like what I do, I do what I like. Just do it.
    TranZzz wrote: »
    Lifetime cartoon.. Tom & Jerry.. lol.. mysterious and weird love.. they hate each other but need each other..
    They always miss each other.. what a life..
    Japan anime is great too.. i love dragon ball when i was a kid..

And i think the next great cartoon will be SHOVEL MAN...
    Kidding Turp.. lol
    And peace..

Laugh it up fuzzball......lol What movie was that line from

In the shoveling is not done yet we have more snow coming
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    Am i the only Scooby-Doo fan? The old cartoon,not the new movie one& loved the Archies too
    gmabob26 wrote: »
    Am i the only Scooby-Doo fan? The old cartoon,not the new movie one& loved the Archies too

Gmabob I watch scooby Doo every day with my son. He gets so excited when they're getting chased by the monsters. It's funny how excited he gets.....lol
    I like Scooby and Scrappy. My favorite Scooby movie is the one where Shaggy became a werewolf and he had to drive a car in a race against monsters.
  • Mileys02Mileys02 Registered Users 1 Posts
    This thread is even about anime right? I like the animax animes: Bleach,Black Butler, Maid Sama,etc.
    And in cartoons I like Tom and Jerry(the classic favourite),dexter's laboratory, kids next door, etc.
  • wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    I'm a big fan of Naruto, Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist - though it's been a while since I watched any of them.
    happy gaming
    Yes, anime and cartoons in general: Black Bulter is nice. The second season is a bit gruesome in some points but the story is good.
    Say wacamoe. Are you referring to the first Fullmetal Alchemist or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Hmmm. Don't think I've seen anyone talk about speed racer, speed buggie, jabber jaws. Most of all my personal favorite, ROCKY and Bullwinkle. Lol. Dudley Doright, the Canadian Mountie. Felix the cat, and Huckleberry Hound. Heckle and Jekyll, Chip and Dale, and the one I absolutely couldn't stand, lol. Those damn smurfs....Scooby was awesome. Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. Lol. Grape ape, and definitely Johnny Quest and mighty mouse.

Cool topic...oh, sorry. Don't forget the true lizard king, Godzilla and Godsuki.... ROCK ON MY FRIENDS.....
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
  • Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Leave ang out of it we are not as old as it seems i have a long way to go before 40 so chill out please. Respect your elders
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
    Rocky Top wrote: »
    Hmmm. Don't think I've seen anyone talk about speed racer, speed buggie, jabber jaws. Most of all my personal favorite, ROCKY and Bullwinkle. Lol. Dudley Doright, the Canadian Mountie. Felix the cat, and Huckleberry Hound. Heckle and Jekyll, Chip and Dale, and the one I absolutely couldn't stand, lol. Those damn smurfs....Scooby was awesome. Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. Lol. Grape ape, and definitely Johnny Quest and mighty mouse.

Cool topic...oh, sorry. Don't forget the true lizard king, Godzilla and Godsuki.... ROCK ON MY FRIENDS.....[/QUOTE

Some great cartoons there. But the best 1 Is Godzilla.
    Cartoons what would we do without them......lol
    Lol. Not to this grandpa. Just asking a simple question? Takes alot to get to the lizard king upset. Your a frustrated little fella. Chill dude. No harm done. You ever considered getting along? When you attack what are we supposed to do? Basically, are you determined not to get along? Let ME know now and I'll end this conversation for good. Trying to get your point. I want to know...and I'm standing alone.

No your not. Im right beside you.......:mad:
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    No your not. Im right beside you.......:mad:

Why are you mad? At me?
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
    Why are you mad? At me?

Not mad at all. Just telling you im standing with u and ur not alone. With the mad face to hydrogen peroxide.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.