Things I cannot live without

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
We definitely have needs and wants. But there are some things that I cannot live without. I could try but I am not going to like it. Unless of course, I am stuck in a deserted island and I did not bring them with me.

1. Paper money/coins - Even if I do have a credit card, I still need to bring cash and coins. I do not believe in being dependent on electronic currency.

2. Internet connection - I can live with not having access to internet for a limited time. But not having internet for life - that is a different story.

3. Tablet/laptop/desktop computer - I think this is an important appliance/device in any modern home. Period. The versatility of these devices cannot be replaced.

4. Mobile phones - With how mobile phones are getting advanced, some people actual use them to replace basic necessities on the road: keeping time, a calculator, a note pad, a music player, a camera, entertainment (games/videos/reading) and the list goes on - in addition to calling/chatting with people. Honestly, when going to work, I would go back home if I suddenly forgot my mobile.

5. A swissknife - Mine is always connected to my access card. It is a small one with a small pair scissors, a file, a knife and screwdriver. I mean, McGyver always has one with him.

Comments and feedback welcome.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    Likewise, I always must have my phone with an internet connection. It is amazing to think that when I was younger, I lived without it.

This and a pocketknife in my back pocket are things I have to have everyday.
    happy gaming
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    The horror of losing your phone and everything that you have in it. As if people nowadays write down ALL of the phone numbers in a notebook or planner.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • gmabob26gmabob26 Registered Users 31 Posts
    While you're being realistic&practical,i NEED coffee!!!!! On an island,i'd want a lighter,swiss army knife,duct tape&a roll of trash bags-use them to stay dry but if you had a cell you'd find an app to help with anything! Do they make kids memorise their home phone numbers at school anymore? Would that break some privacy laws?
    gmabob26 wrote: »
    While you're being realistic&practical,i NEED coffee!!!!! On an island,i'd want a lighter,swiss army knife,duct tape&a roll of trash bags-use them to stay dry but if you had a cell you'd find an app to help with anything! Do they make kids memorise their home phone numbers at school anymore? Would that break some privacy laws?

You made me think there you know. Cheers. Of course the things I mentioned are those i personally need because i can imagine not having them. Life and death situations are a different story. Other than a swiss army knife (a big one), I would need a machete, a flintstone and a magnifying glass.

Not sure about the privacy of memorizing phone numbers though.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    You all are thinking about material things... Things I cannot live without is Oxygen,Water,food protection in both a roof over my head and a gun in my handand and some REALLY GOOD TOMATOES.........;)
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    gmabob26 wrote: »
    There is 1 major thing that you forgot to mention that I know I would want if stuck on an island. TOILET PAPER! lol

Things I woudn't want to live with in everyday life (again) are:
    1. cell phones (has to be a smartphone
    2. internet and of course the computers and tablets to go with it
    3. satellite radio (xfm for example) It sure is nice when you are traveling and you can always get access to the music you lov
    4.And of course, the most important thing of all that I would NOT want to live without is family and friends!!!;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    Turpin wrote: »
    You all are thinking about material things... Things I cannot live without is Oxygen,Water,food protection in both a roof over my head and a gun in my handand and some REALLY GOOD TOMATOES.........;)

I don't think I would ever deprive myself of those, mainly food and water ... except for the gun. The tomatoes are good for the eating. Cheers/
    shanny wrote: »
    There is 1 major thing that you forgot to mention that I know I would want if stuck on an island. TOILET PAPER! lol

Things I find it don't want to have to live without (again) are:
    *If I were on an island, I would want all those items you mentioned, but there is one critical one you forgot. TOILET PAPER !
    1. cell phones (has to be a smartphone
    2. internet and of course the computers and tablets to go with it
    3. satellite radio (xfm for example) It sure is nice when you are traveling and you can always get access to the music you lov
    4.And of course, the most important thing of all that I would NOT want to live without is family and friends!!!;)

Of course. no man is an island. Unless you want to go Tom Hanks and have a good ol' "Wilson".
  • Darthplague99Darthplague99 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Lol some good ones but things i need
    my boys
    my hammer
    my phone
    internet access
    my smoke

In another way of saying
    My heart
    My hands
    My eyes
    My mind
    My sanity
    In love with the darkside I fell
    Dabbling all the way down
    Jestered the devil with my song
    And got what I wanted all along
  • TranZzzTranZzz Registered Users 61 Posts
    My packs of cigarette.. lol..
    We are one group, darth and rocky..lol
    Mild Seven Lights..
    I like what I do, I do what I like. Just do it.
  • EinzEinz Registered Users 17 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »

Great topics around 'General Topics'. Some still follow the old habits from old ggn and I agree with you.
    We can even talk about hobbies too but sad thing is some topics requires subscription like 'choosing sides'.
    Why not if every forum is possible for anyone to comment here and there in the private forum (especially)
    but the members are given an option to decide to remove him or her from their topic if it's offensive or spamming.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Einz wrote: »
    Great topics around 'General Topics'. Some still follow the old habits from old ggn and I agree with you.
    We can even talk about hobbies too but sad thing is some topics requires subscription like 'choosing sides'.
    Why not if every forum is possible for anyone to comment here and there in the private forum (especially)
    but the members are given an option to decide to remove him or her from their topic if it's offensive or spamming.

That's why it's America. You have the right to choose what you like to do what you like to talk about and were u like to go.
    but private forms are just for the group I do agree with that 1.....;)
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    1. AMEX - don't leave home without it. If I could pay my mortgage with it I would lol.

2. Internet connection - I can live without TV yet not having access to internet is somehow alien.

3. Tablet - Given up on other devices completely, it's the tablet or nothing. Just gotten so comfortable with it, travels wherever I go.

4. Mobile phones - still not ready for prime time, been involved with dial tone most of my life and I use cell service I just don't like its everywhere status, movies, bars, bathroom, classrooms etc.

5. Water - I live in the desert and most never travel without water.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Respect and courtesy should be observed here in the forums. It is nice to have fun and to enjoy ... not at the expense of others.

Now, one thing that I am not enjoying now. No internet access connection at home.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Respect and courtesy should be observed here in the forums. It is nice to have fun and to enjoy ... not at the expense of others.

Now, one thing that I am not enjoying now. No internet access connection at home.

I can relate, was in the back yard gaming and kept getting dropped for lack of signal, had to go back inside or stop. WAH!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!