Options

Glu Games on Ouya ?

juniorrijojuniorrijo Registered Users 1 Posts
What is OUYA? Well firstly, you should know that its pronounced Ooo-ya. OUYA is a new "gaming console" which is set to release at local retailers such as Wal-Mart, GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon the 4th of June. This console is not necessarily a ps3 or an Xbox 360 killer but it’s not really competing with those. The console is a 5x5 cube with a quad core 1.6 GHz tegra 3 processor, 1ghz of RAM, and a quad core gpu with nvidia geforce graphics. The miniature console will run android Jellybean 4.1. These might just seem like an android phone or tablet's specs but it will easily perform much better than any since it has a built in fan and has ventilation slits for air flow on the bottom. The developers encourage hacking and have made it extremely easy to pop open the console and game controller. I’m definitely getting one. The real question is, will Glu Mobile be working to have their games ported?

Will Glu Mobile Release their Games on the Upcoming Android Based Console? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

I am a Ouya Backer, and it would be simply awesome to play Glu Games on the Big Screen!

The developing effort would be not really that big, i mean there is already an Android version for every Glu Games.

Originally setup as a kickstarter, the OUYA was set out to be a $99 Android gaming console and received over 8.5 million dollars from backers, now in production some early backers have received theirs and is available for pre-order for everyone else.

http://www.ouya.tv/

Glu Games on my Tablet and Smartphone is pretty good but could really do with the more ergonomic design of a joypad, the OUYA looks like it will be an ideal device for playing Glu Games on with the joypad, especially if you have a big tv or projector.

Will Glu Games be 'ported' to the OUYA? Because as it stands the console doesn't have Google Play so you won't be able to download it from there.

Comments

• Options
    wacamoewacamoe Registered Users 61 Posts
    Hello juniorrijo,
    I have also heard of the OUYA. There is no official word as to weather or not any Glu Games will be ported to the console though.
    happy gaming
  • Options
    sherberttcatsherberttcat Registered Users 1 Posts
    I would LOVE getting to play series like Contract Killer, Contract Killer Zombies, and Frontline Commando on my jumbo TV, with a controller.