See if you can relate to some of this stuff

dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
out of boredom and waiting for the sandman to sprinkle some of his dust on me. See if you can relate to some of the stuff i am wrting here.And yes, i am quited matured like a vintage wine.

1. Typing dir to search for info in my pc

2. Saving the info in a floppy disk

3. Having Michael Jackson's Thriller ... on a casette tape

4. Twirling the cassette tape on pencil to rewind it

5. Playing Thriller on my Sony Walkman

6. Watching Alf, Perfect Strangers, Who's the Boss, Automan, Street Hawk and Battlestar Galactica on VHS

7. Enjoying the Muppet Show and the Jim Henson's Hour

Don't worry if can't relate to what i have listed above. Feel free to comment if you can.
The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.

Comments

• shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    This is a "give your age thread". I see how it is. lol Well, I have no issue with my age and am very proud of it in fact. So I will answer.
    1. Boy,,,that was what? a 100 years ago? lol
    2. I always wondered why they called it a floppy when it was not actually "floppy" hahaha
    3. I can't say I ever owned a Michael Jackson cassette tape, but I loved the song and video on MTV
    4. Pencils, my pinky, and all sorts of other objects were used to rewind the cassette tape (whatever was handy)
    5. How about playing "Men at Work" on my Sony walkman? (or The Doors, Def Leppard, Boston, Warrant, AC/DC,and
    the list goes on)
    6. Ah yes, VHS......I still have at last 100 of those!!!
    7. The Muppet hour was not a real favorite. I do have my favorite Muppets though, like Animal. lol ...I was more into
    watching Cheers, Family Ties, Home Improvement, Seinfeld (although, Seinfeld and Home Improvement weren't that
    long ago).

Those were the days!!!!! My favorite era was the 80's. I always wished that I had been a teenager in the 50's after watching movies like "American Graffiti" and others, but I think the 80's is the next best.
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Ah Cheers. That was a good one. Makes me want grab myself a good cold draft.

The Doors is a band i can relate to.

As to why the disk was called floppy maybe it was the first one. The thin one has a good way of attracting molds. Same applies to VHS. I spend more time cleaning them.
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Wow o remember 99.9%. I just watched Alf the other night. Wanted to let Christian watch it

I can relate.....;)
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • Rocky TopRocky Top Registered Users 127 Posts
    Whaaat??? Did you mention the doors. In my opinion, they did have some catchy tunes. Lol. Seriously, I absolutely am lovin' this thread.

Ummm, How about Def Leppard. I didn't spell it wrong either. Hysteria???? Whatchin' Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, and I believe it was Falcon Crest. Friday nights... the first commercial of that old lady saying " Where's the beef?" Lol. Women wore leg warmers all the time or tight Levis, rock band t-shirts, and plain old nikes.

If you had a cassette tape player in your car, you were it... lol. Crankin on some fine young cannibals, INXS, or in the college days. funky cold Medina..lol. loved all the music then. Always had to have suitcases full of cassettes. Boston, warrant, cinderella, Bon Jovi, hahaha. Everybody was Livin' on a prayer...Posters all over the wall. Gun's and roses made the scene with appetite for destruction.

I remember Reagan, the pope, anwar sadat, and John Lennon all got shot.. Couldn't make class on Fridays, but I'd be at the game on Saturday. Wow, great way to start my week. Great memories...Bless your hearts....Thanks for that.....
    They say the most pain a person will endure is being born. I personally don't remember being born, must have been during one of my blackouts.
    Hydras wrote: »
    Aaaah, those were the days...

1. When you ACTUALLY need to wait ONE FULL year to buy new clothes for the NEW YEAR. Now a NEW YEAR seems just like YESTERDAY....

2. Waiting for the next issue of MAD and read how the white & black spy punk each other and then jumping to the last cover to fold it ....

3. When a day can be so peaceful - the only phones you received is the phone calls on the table until beepers, pagers, motrolla, nokia, apple, samsung and a horde of other devices emerged craving for our attention the whole day long....

4. When you can actually smoke and brings along lot of bottles of water to drink in a plane ..

5. When a crime is when someone robbed you and beat you up badly but now those senseless shootings and bombings and torture and .....

6. When you can only access the internet on a computer table - now we eat, sleep, sit, walk, shit (and practically everything else) with the internet on the wifi or whatever...

Wait for another 20 years and who knows we will have flying cars, buildings floating in the air, people dating and having sex (virtually) on the net, everything you do is controlled by the computer, ...

We are screwed unless of course the Second Coming comes first .....

Delete this comment.......
    Ok.
    I just deleted it since Wolfpack ASKS it - and since they can say what they want and whenever and also DO what they want!
    You bunch of wolves are BS and your real-life hero is your 13 special needs kid??
    What a BULLY!!!

P.S. I just save the super admin the trouble since I know the super admin ALWAYS listen to the wolfies!!!

You sound like a broken record just keep repeating yourself over and over again good job.
    And you sound like an IDIOT keep repeating yourself about your real life hero!
    Geeezzz, what a twerp?

At least mine is real not some animated hydro.
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    yeah... So let's get back on topic with this thread guys!!!! It's a good one. Thanks!!!;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    It is but there is bad company here trying something....like trying to be cool....when he's a fool.
    Rocky Top wrote: »
    Whaaat??? Did you mention the doors. In my opinion, they did have some catchy tunes. Lol. Seriously, I absolutely am lovin' this thread.

Ummm, How about Def Leppard. I didn't spell it wrong either. Hysteria???? Whatchin' Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, and I believe it was Falcon Crest. Friday nights... the first commercial of that old lady saying " Where's the beef?" Lol. Women wore leg warmers all the time or tight Levis, rock band t-shirts, and plain old nikes.

If you had a cassette tape player in your car, you were it... lol. Crankin on some fine young cannibals, INXS, or in the college days. funky cold Medina..lol. loved all the music then. Always had to have suitcases full of cassettes. Boston, warrant, cinderella, Bon Jovi, hahaha. Everybody was Livin' on a prayer...Posters all over the wall. Gun's and roses made the scene with appetite for destruction.

I remember Reagan, the pope, anwar sadat, and John Lennon all got shot.. Couldn't make class on Fridays, but I'd be at the game on Saturday. Wow, great way to start my week. Great memories...Bless your hearts....Thanks for that.....

Remember the commercial where a guy had to use his jeans to go from one building to another building on a clothes line? That is one commercial that made me want to wear jeans. Not sure if it was Levis or Lee.
    I want this particular thread to be a nice one where i can relate to some of the cute things that i can find nowadays. To my friends who come here i welcome you to just peacefully share what you can. The last thing my insomia needs is an aspirin.

Cheers. Peace. Enjoy life.
    shanny wrote: »
    yeah... So let's get back on topic with this thread guys!!!! It's a good one. Thanks!!!;)

New wave and pop are some of the good stuff of the 80s. Nothing against the other years but the songs were good. Like Cindy Laupers Girls Just Want to have fun, Madonna's Whos that girl, the song Time after Time, Walk like an Eygptian by the Bangles and Michael Jacksons Smooth Criminal.

Pardon me if im like reliving my memories here in this thread ok? Cheers.
  • grelegrele Registered Users 73 Posts
    Yeah that was ages ago... but that was times...
    and when we talk about cassettes, I remember times before floppy on home computer (i.e. Comodore, Spectrum) and this "alien" noise which represents data on the cassette
    When something makes noise for old devices you have an idea that it is working. Nowadays, when something is making noise like your phone or tablet that is a case for alarm.

Cheers. Night time where i am at and i should start working later.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Wow scary, this is all very clear.

Do you remember bulbs you plugged in to the camera for a flash and then discarded?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Or ... the time when you had a camera you had to buy film then go to a store to have that film developed. And I don't think there was much digital for photos then.
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    Or ... the time when you had a camera you had to buy film then go to a store to have that film developed. And I don't think there was much digital for photos then.

Or dare I say, can you remember the first camera you owned?

Alright don't laugh, mine was a brownie....strange name lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • EinzEinz Registered Users 17 Posts
    This looks like how old the person can be page. I guess almost everyone can relate to any of the things stated by shanny. As for me, I can relate to sticking a pen on a cassette hole rewinder and turning it round n round manually. It's faster when u sling it in the air round and round..saves me time as I find the rewind button is slower than the forward button. :cool:
    Turpin wrote: »
    It is but there is bad company here trying something....like trying to be cool....when he's a fool.

Funny you should mention bad company, I really liked their music!

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" oh @&$@ that's really old!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!