Good weather is here so I'm starting my BBQ

TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
I have two grills for my BBQ's.

The Weber grill is just for hotdogs , hamburgers , Sausages And fish

My other grill is just for chicken wings,steak and ribs.

Corn in aluminum foil Or still in the husk Can go on any grill.
One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..

Comments

• shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    And what time did you say dinner was Turpin???? lol;)

I love corn on the cob off the grill,,,,,especially when it's really sweet!!! mmmmm
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Ok, so my question is for grilled corn in the husk, how do you prepare this where it comes out roasted and not burned?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Shanny hi how's things???

I usually keep my corn in the husk. I make a butter garlic sauce More butter than garlic,I cut the top of the husk off and open the husk just a little to expose the corn. Then I pour the butter garlic sauce On the corn that is still in the husk then I wrap the corn in aluminum foil then I cook it on the grill up to an hour on medium heat. When its done you will have some sweet buttery with the change of garlic on your corn off the cob. It taste so good.

Tonight's dinner is chicken with sesame seeds and soy sauce With some fried rice n peas I love Peas.
    Would you like me to air mail you some.....lol
    if you're going to cook the corn on the cob with the husk, I usually let the corn on the cob with the husk on it soak in water for 1 hour and turn it every 15 minutes. And cook it up to one hour. Soaking the corn in the husk in the water for an hour will stop the burning. Remember you have to turn it every 15 minutes or that side will get burnt. Or you can follow the directions that I gave to shini on how I'm cooking my corn
    Ok, one more corny question. Do you remove the silk and then fold back the husk and then cook?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • AY420AY420 Registered Users 76 Posts
    Ah, turpin is firing up the bbq, a sure sign that summer is indeed coming! Finally!
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Ok, one more corny question. Do you remove the silk and then fold back the husk and then cook?

No keep all together. Just make sure u soak the corn in water for 11 hour and turn every 15 minutes
    Thanks Turp, really appreciate the pointers.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!