SPAM.. What to do with it...

shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
I know it is extremely frustrating to come in and see a bunch of spam in the forums. When you come across it, please click on the "report post" button underneath the user's name and it will reported and thus removed as soon as possible. (It is probably best to not comment to it since only the spam is removed......;)). Please realize that it sometimes may take an hour or two for it to be removed if it's not removed immediately. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!!!:D
A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:

Comments

• Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    :p do spammers really think we are going to buy something from them? It seems pretty pointless and useless . They are just wasting their life and time
    IMG%5D
    pieter wrote: »
    The spammers are having fun here because there is no one really taking care of business in this forum. I told the operators about their old posting at their website and they are even "cool" about their own problem. So if you think you have a problem with spam, it is pointless crying over it. just play your games. i started with gun bros 2 and the frontline commando. looks like just shoot-shoot game. not much of a story behind the game and where is the ending?

There is no ending to gun bros 2 it just keeps going . I'm level 100 . All gold starts in every mission and no ending.and who said I was crying :p
    IMG%5D
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    The spammers are having fun here because there is no one really taking care of business in this forum. I told the operators about their old posting at their website and they are even "cool" about their own problem. So if you think you have a problem with spam, it is pointless crying over it. just play your games. i started with gun bros 2 and the frontline commando. looks like just shoot-shoot game. not much of a story behind the game and where is the ending?
    I started with gun bros and have played several GLU games, favorite so far is indestructible. Mind numbing vehicle mayhem, just what you need to battle spam and life's other nuisances.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    I had the impression you were crying for the spasms to stop? Well, maybe you were whinning then since you already know what to do with spasms, that is to mark them?

I think crying or whining is a exaggeration. I am simply helping mods and admins to see the spam that is on their forum and hopefully they will remove it soon. If i were crying or whining i would curse at them and WRITE IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM MAD. But no . I simply tell them that they have been reported for advertising/spamming and that their post will be removed and eventually they will get banned. Tell me where do you see the crying and whining there?
    IMG%5D
  • shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Well, I feel like crying at times when I see the mess!!!! lol (Just kidding):p
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
    shanny wrote: »
    Well, I feel like crying at times when I see the mess!!!! lol (Just kidding):p

I posted a good sized message on another thread what is his problem with us reporting spamers and advertisers. At one point i saw him (in a thread full of spam him supporting and encouraging them to spam more and that this forum is a great place to spam because it wont get removed . I think he has the wrong idea of how things work
    IMG%5D
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Also, if you don't "comment" on the spam thread it makes it a lot easier for us to clean it up en masse. Otherwise we have to weed out the legitimate users. :)
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Also, if you don't "comment" on the spam thread it makes it a lot easier for us to clean it up en masse. Otherwise we have to weed out the legitimate users. :)

Yes gal amazon thank you for the information . Shanny told me already since I did not know about that . Will be sure to just report next time no matter what other users say to do :)
    IMG%5D
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    I just cleared this morning's visitors... been busy away from the forum for a while. Maybe it's time to make a comeback muwahahahaha :)
    Francis wrote: »
    I just cleared this morning's visitors... been busy away from the forum for a while. Maybe it's time to make a comeback muwahahahaha :)

haha would be great to see you back in action in these forums Francis :)
    IMG%5D
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Shanny you all are doing a great job and getting the spammers out.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..