Options

the 4th of July

TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
What's your plans for the 4th of July???

Me we are going down to the field to watch the fireworks then I'm having like 20 people over Hamburgers hot dogs chicken wings on the grill. After that my own little fireworks display. But the weekend is going to be a huge fireworks display that I am going to set off. Another cookout with fish lobster and t-bone steaks Lots of brownies.....lol...... and lots of fun.

Hope your plans are just as fun as mine.
One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..

Comments

• Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Turpin wrote: »
    What's your plans for the 4th of July???

Me we are going down to the field to watch the fireworks then I'm having like 20 people over Hamburgers hot dogs chicken wings on the grill. After that my own little fireworks display. But the weekend is going to be a huge fireworks display that I am going to set off. Another cookout with fish lobster and t-bone steaks Lots of brownies.....lol...... and lots of fun.

Hope your plans are just as fun as mine.
    Wish I was on the east coast then I know what I would be doing on the Fourth of July, I would be stopping by your house yumm!

in Phoenix the 4th is not necessarily a letdown yet if you don't have access to aquatics during the day the outside experience can be sort of miserable. Going to a fireworks display can be almost as bad because of the wonderful warmth we experience this time of year. Just imagine waiting in traffic to get to X address, you finally get there and the sun is still shining otherwise there would be no parking and you head out with lawn chairs etc in 115+ degrees. At this point it's about 8ish and the fireworks don't start until 9:30-10:00. When the fireworks finally start they are over and it's time to walk back to the car and wait in traffic wah. Like I said its not terrible it's just not as much fun as it used to be....
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Ya that's hot. You would have to bbq at 3am.

Im going to build a block bbq pit and it will be used as a fire pit too.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    The temps are a climbing in Phoenix yet I am considering a quasi barbecue, cook it out and bring it in lol, late (much later) in the afternoon. Relax in the AC and walk to local FW at around 9:30PM which would have the temp down to about 100 + or - a degree.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!