Now and Then

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
I was fortunate to post in both forums albeit only a short time in the older forum yet I have noticed one glaring difference between the two and I'm not talking just traffic due to freebies.

What is so different between the two is people actually stopped for a moment to make friends and have conversations that lasted well beyond the topic of the thread.

It wasn't uncommon for a thread to be started asking for help on a game and would blossom into a full blown discussion on motorcycle road attitudes and then maybe morph into how to repair a broken relationship.

Yeah there were times where talk deteriorated into name calling and posting of opinions contrary to what was being said yet it all seemed to flow day after day with some threads getting what appeared to be 100s of answers.

Today rarely is seen anything other than a game related question that has already been answered in part by the admins in the stickies FAQ sections of this forum, few users post more than a dozen or so times and then disappear.

We users regularly asked GLU for a forum that was be more people oriented so we could expand the talk aspect of the old forum, what we ended up with is a new ship that has set sail with few passenger because everyone has already grabbed a life jacket and bailed.

A few months ago a cruise ship faltered and people were "treated" to a really bad time with deplorable living conditions yet after all that those same people are back on cruise ships.

Might be a bad analogy yet the old GLU did have problems and now the new one has set sail but the passengers haven't returned. I myself are in a quandary.
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Jeez, I figured with the lengthy diatribe I would be getting kinds of responses, c'mon guys and gals lets get with it!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Jeez, I figured with the lengthy diatribe I would be getting kinds of responses, c'mon guys and gals lets get with it!

I do agree with people just posting a few times and are mever seen again, i have suggested and many other users have too that there should be somewhere in the glu games for a user to see a link to the forum, that would increase the users here and will get the forums active, lets hope to see a feature lile this soon
    IMG%5D
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    or maybe they should make glu games a necessary function of registering to this forum before game play

plus a lowball reward system too should bring alot of people to the community and keep some around

whats the point of contributing if they dont get rewarded?
    Actually anything at this point that will either point users or entice users into the forum would be welcome.

I like to utilize the forum for more than game answers yet if people choose not to use it at all well that's something I cannot control.

There are lots of forums out there hmmmm.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Come on people make a liar out of me and start to respond to some posts, lets get this place moving!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    mention the word hack and im sure you get few more responses... or it could be people busy playing games and learning to be patient with bugs and glitches....

im at work so thats the only time you catch me on this forum.. Cant play games while im working :(
    mthead wrote: »
    mention the word hack and im sure you get few more responses... or it could be people busy playing games and learning to be patient with bugs and glitches....

im at work so thats the only time you catch me on this forum.. Cant play games while im working :(

True, I do understand, unfortunately the old version forum had users logging in 24/7

Here and now it is pitiful to say the least.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    All of the GGN users are now redirected here- so if someone clicks that GMan button, it will take them here. Newer games have been slow to add the button, but it will be standard eventually.

As for previous forums, I do understand that conversations went on for longer, however, I also remember hundreds of ADDDDDDDMMMMMMMEEEEEs and qo023uqoisfjsdmfnams,fen and all kinds of other threads that were pretty tough to wade through. Aside from that, incentivizing activity with credits just caused more spam and the fact is that meaningful activity is actually higher here than it ever was on the old forums. The system was also never built to support iOS gifting, so that wasn't fair to the iOS users.

At some point, we'd like to have some weekly credit sweepstakes and giveaways that you only access through the forums, but even that could probably only be for Android users because of the limitations Apple puts on us. We are always working on improving this space though.
    heres a retarded idea.. do a member of the month or week or something like that.. reward they get to choose one game to glu's weekend sales and weapon to be 50% off. Glu just picks a person they feel contributed alot to the community and private message them asking what game and weapon or thing they like to be on their weekend sale or even worse a game that glu has to update. I know a few old games that people still waiting for updates.

Maybe ios games should implement a coupon code of some sort.. so after they get a certain amounts of points that can convert to glu coins... Glu gives out a one use coupon code. Go into the game they want to use and enter the code then gets verified with glu.. or something like that

There are some forums out there that do give points out.. however points are only given out when members reach a certain amount of post or level to prevent spammers. They also give out addme and bump warnings too.. something to think about for the future :)
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    mthead wrote: »
    heres a retarded idea.. do a member of the month or week or something like that.. reward they get to choose one game to glu's weekend sales and weapon to be 50% off. Glu just picks a person they feel contributed alot to the community and private message them asking what game and weapon or thing they like to be on their weekend sale or even worse a game that glu has to update. I know a few old games that people still waiting for updates.

Maybe ios games should implement a coupon code of some sort.. so after they get a certain amounts of points that can convert to glu coins... Glu gives out a one use coupon code. Go into the game they want to use and enter the code then gets verified with glu.. or something like that

There are some forums out there that do give points out.. however points are only given out when members reach a certain amount of post or level to prevent spammers. They also give out addme and bump warnings too.. something to think about for the future :)

Thanks! Yeah, we have a lot of ideas for promotions like you mentioned. We'll be implementing some soon. :)
    Glamazon wrote: »
    Thanks! Yeah, we have a lot of ideas for promotions like you mentioned. We'll be implementing some soon. :)

Thanks Glam for that acknowledgement of someone thinking outside the box, way to go Mthead!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!