What Happened To This Site???

amyv86amyv86 Registered Users 7 Posts
I was a Glu member awhile back (last year around this time) but then my phone broke and all the progress I had with my game was gone. Recently, I decided it was time for me to start my game over as that is my only choice. Anyways when I was a Glu member awhile back this site was a lot different than it is now. What happened??! I am not a huge fan of the tremendous change. :confused:

Comments

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    amyv86 wrote: »
    I was a Glu member awhile back (last year around this time) but then my phone broke and all the progress I had with my game was gone. Recently, I decided it was time for me to start my game over as that is my only choice. Anyways when I was a Glu member awhile back this site was a lot different than it is now. What happened??! I am not a huge fan of the tremendous change. :confused:

Hi Amy,
    Welcome back. Based on the specific requests of power users from the old forums, we updated the site to reflect their needs- more robust profiles and messaging, better spam filtering capabilities, better forum features including threading, hierarchies, timestamps, etc., and parity between iOS and Android. It is a change, but one that has been universally for the better. Once you get used to it, you'll see a big improvement in functionality.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    amyv86 wrote: »
    First, welcome back to the forums, glad to see your post.

I was a member of the old forum that was furiously busy due to the "add me" and free gold for posting etc yet it was in that busyness that made the forum really fun. People were posting all day long and as a result there were many many conversations and dialogue going on. Bottom line it was lots of fun! Enter reality, GLU is a company that wants to make money and too much of a free thing hurts business and the move to the new forums was initially a really good move. Unfortunately many of the power users have left for reasons we can all guess which leaves us with a great forum that is being under utilized.

The future of this forum is in the hands of people like you and I.

If you enjoy GLU games as much as I do I hope you will make an effort to post often and invite friends and gamers alike to join the conversation.

Again, welcome back, look forward to your future posts.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Oh, did I mention we also have spam. Not a good selling point yet the admins work hard to keep it off the site.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • amyv86amyv86 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Thank you for your insight. After reading what you had to say & giving it some thought, I think I would have to agree with you. I'm happy to be back, thank you.
    Thank you for filling me in on what happened. : )
    I hope that new and returning people will get involved more on this site, I am burned out with FB as everything you post is passed all over creation, this forum is more a long the lines of individualism.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    I hope that new and returning people will get involved more on this site, I am burned out with FB as everything you post is passed all over creation, this forum is more a long the lines of individualism.

I would like to see that as well. I hardly get on FB these days due to the repetitiveness of it all.
  • FatimahlwkFatimahlwk Registered Users 9 Posts
    People just moved along. Competition gives us more new variety each day.
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Fatimahlwk wrote: »
    People just moved along. Competition gives us more new variety each day.

Hay tweaker move along and stop causing problems here.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
    We're here we just need a reason to come out and play.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • TurpinTurpin Registered Users 240 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    We're here we just need a reason to come out and play.

What's up Ddannen? How's things?
    Me I have a stocker here.......lol
    I think this person fatimahlwk is obsessed with me.... sounds like the Hydra person that starts all the trouble.
    One of the hardest lessons to learn Are the ones that hurt the most..
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    im trying to catch up. had major accident and had to recover. anyhow, i hope some people dont take it against me that i have been gone for so long. cheers
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    dilg2012 wrote: »
    im trying to catch up. had major accident and had to recover. anyhow, i hope some people dont take it against me that i have been gone for so long. cheers

Hope to see alot more of you dilg2012 :) . Hope you fully recovered and that you are healthy now
    IMG%5D
    No problem hope you all better now, I usually post in the indestructible folder dail cause hardly anyone posts here any longer.

I will check back though and see what I can see. :D
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • dilg2012dilg2012 Registered Users 358 Posts
    Some things we need to remember:
    1. Respect for the individual - particularly their ideas and beliefs
    2. Although people can be different, people should be considerate of others
    3. Change happens but we need to ensure that this change results to something better
    4. Everything has a solution and we need just need to find them

I believe this site is a better one compared to the old one. It is not perfect but it is indeed better and we need to help each other to make it much better.

Cheers
    The Wolf Pack are my friends, like all others whom I have the pleasure to know. You have my respect because you deserve it - the same way I expect this respect from you as well.
    The biggest difference between old and new was the fluid conversations that took place. I mentioned before that I usually post in the indestructible folder. I do this because everyday someone is there and they answer posts and keep conversation going. I think if Glu wants more activity on this site they will need to sweeten the pot for the majority of users. Once the volume comes back the conversations will again rule the forum.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • LesterNevilleLesterNeville Registered Users 3 Posts
    I hope that brand new and returning people will become involved more on this web site, I will be burned out with FB since everything you article will be passed all over development, this particular forum is a bit more an extended the particular traces of individualism.
    Lester it's going to take involvement by you and everyone that reads these posts to just get involved and answer someone's question or to say hello and maybe start a topic that you want. It's not that hard, visit daily and check out the sub forums for your games. My game is indestructible and if you check out that forum you will notice a fair amount of activity, that's because there are players talking about the game and enjoying the conversation.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!