Deerhunter freezes on Update screen every time

DeerhunterDeerhunter Registered Users 1 Posts
Hi

Deerhunter has totally frozen and will not start at all on my ipad. Every time I attempt to open the game, it freezes at the checking for updates screen. I have left it for an extended period and it stays that way until the battery goes flat.

Ipad 4, IOS 7.0.4

This problem occurred when I downloaded the new area update a few weeks ago. I have tried resetting my Ipad, opening the game in airplane mode and with the wifi turned off, and all the apps in the background on my ipad have been exited to free up memory, still with no success?

I have read all the threads on here relating to deerhunter and none of the suggestions work

I have purchased several add ons for this game, have stockpiles 150K cash in preparation for the new area, so have obviously invested a lot of time and money on this game, so I really do not want to reinstall and lose all my add ons and progress.

I thought this may be an issue with the iOS, so I waited until the new iOS update came out a few days ago and still have the same problem with the new iOS.

Can anyone please tell me how to solve this issue?

Comments

• FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    The team is aware of this and steps to correct it are already in motion.

This issue will be solved when the update of the game is released (version 1.2 on iOS) this should happen soon so my recommendation is to wait for that update. Do not uninstall the game. There is no backup or restore, if you uninstall you will lose progress. Thanks for your patience.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Registered Users 17 Posts
    I realized I posted in the wrong thread earlier:

I put in a support ticket (131207-000311) for my game getting stuck at the "Checking for updates" screen upon start up. I have already completed Trophy hunts for Region 6 so nothing should have been downloading. This started after installing Blood Brothers (Mobage games) for free glu credits, but I honestly don't think the two are related, I have uninstalled it anyways with no change.

I have the spirit of giving pack along with the top end shotgun so I really don't want to uninstall/reinstall the game for fear of losing these.

PS: I have also cleared my cache and restarted my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini to no avail.
    Well my login is working now. I connected my phone to my PC via USB, didn't open it on the computer, and started my Deer Hunter 2014. This is great as I didn't lose any of my guns, upgrades, or progression.

I did however lose ALL of my Glu Credits, its at 0 when I had a minimum of 60, likely more. It also isn't adding any new ones I am accumulating.

I did delete the file that was in the "tmp" folder without realizing it was permanent, could this have caused the Glu Credit problem?
  • EnginerdEnginerd Registered Users 2 Posts
    Has this been fixed yet as I am having the same problem. I did login connected to a PC like Squirrel did and Glu Credits are showing 0.
    Use this to fix the 0 credit issue, worked like a charm.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?1749-Android-Glu-Credits-balance-showing-zero

Now if we could just get Region 7 and some Holiday hunts!
  • EnginerdEnginerd Registered Users 2 Posts
    Squirrel wrote: »
    Use this to fix the 0 credit issue, worked like a charm.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?1749-Android-Glu-Credits-balance-showing-zero

Now if we could just get Region 7 and some Holiday hunts!

Squirrel, Thanks. I tried that but it is still at 0 because I can only get it to load when my device is connect to PC. It just freezes in the Update screen.
  • Cgrand56Cgrand56 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the exact problem posted in 12-6-13 at 3:04am explained by Deerhunter. The only difference is that I have the game on my iPhone instead of an iPad. I have over $100k in hunter dollars and I was ready to buy a top of the line gun with it when the system got stuck on "downloading updates". Any suggestions on how to correct this?
    Thanks!
  • roland.pears90roland.pears90 Registered Users 11 Posts
    restart your smartphone (in my case galaxy s4)
    don't start deer hunter as it won't load
    open file browser and do a search for "deer"
    open the directory "com.glu.deerhunt2/files/"
    delete the file "GluonConfig.txt"
    start deer hunter - should work now

that fixed it for me.
  • dfrenkeldfrenkel Registered Users 2 Posts
    restart your smartphone (in my case galaxy s4)
    don't start deer hunter as it won't load
    open file browser and do a search for "deer"
    open the directory "com.glu.deerhunt2/files/"
    delete the file "GluonConfig.txt"
    start deer hunter - should work now

that fixed it for me.

did you lose any progress or money?