Unable to load videos - just started earlier today, affecting several club members

schlem7schlem7 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Anyone run into this before?  Have watched videos without issue ever since '19 started with no problems ever.  After about 30 minutes into today's event, all I get (and several other members of my club as well) is it saying 'unable to load videos at this time'.    I've cleared cache, removed and re-installed the app over again....nothing seems to help it at this point.   Any suggestions to try???

Comments

• [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Administrator, Moderators 1,127 Posts
    Probably a low point in availability.  It will also be affected by the number you watch.  Obviously advertisers don't want to pay to show you their same video 50 times so the vendors that provide these videos have the ability to be selective as to who they show videos to.  That doesn't mean you will not see the same one a many times but if the vendors are only getting paid for 10,000 they are going to be more selective than if they have a million.
  • schlem7schlem7 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    It's an integral part of this game top continue streaks, etc....yet it's dependent on an outside vendor. That's kinda dumb...not to mention unfair if they target one demographic of players over another. Glu needs to find a better solution to have vids available to all players all of the time since you've made this part of your game.
  • [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Administrator, Moderators 1,127 Posts
    The design is actually for most of those to use gold, the video is just a substitute.  We have received quite a bit of feedback lately but there really isn't anything to fix since it is working correctly and we can't make advertisers want to advertise.  The team is aware of the feedback.
  • Coop2010Coop2010 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    schlem7 said:
    Anyone run into this before?  Have watched videos without issue ever since '19 started with no problems ever.  After about 30 minutes into today's event, all I get (and several other members of my club as well) is it saying 'unable to load videos at this time'.    I've cleared cache, removed and re-installed the app over again....nothing seems to help it at this point.   Any suggestions to try???

• Coop2010Coop2010 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Type your commentMy clubs been having this issue too the last few days and it’s awful. If videos aren’t going to be available for everyone then videos should be held from everyone until one advertiser or another decides to start letting the one who have none available be able to watch their companies advertisements. This issue becomes a very big deal in events like CVC when normally everyone gets one video for boosts and one for continues every half hour, when players depend on this and figure it into how to play with the gold they have on hand it puts them and their club at a severe disadvantage. This has cost me a ton in wasted gold and prizes. It’s even worse when it happens towards the end of a CVC match and you’re out of gold and when you go to purchase more you find out that there’s a glitch not allowing iOS users to make purchases like when this happened during the previous days CVC matchups. This gave all Android users a huge advantage when iOS users could neither buy gold and videos were not working for at the time. Need to find a way to not give a unfair advantage to whom ever a separate advertising company decides to not let watch videos. Need to figure out some way to keep things equal......