Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

DNF/DQ Exploit: What is was, What we are doing

[RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
Hey Guys,
With out 1.4.3 patch coming out our exploit users were quick to find a new hole in our logic and exploit it. This allowed them to cause users to DNF by tricking our server and basically auto winning a race. We attempted to fix it Friday night, staying late to do so but did not know if it successfully worked until Saturday morning. Obviously it did not. I then spent Saturday and Sunday along with a few others from our team locating and pinning down the exploit. We successfully patched it earlier today. Unfortunately in the down time many of you were affected. I'm not going to make excuses, its our fault for having the hole in our logic, but I am sorry and hope that you guys know we work hard to close these things as fast as possible. On to solutions.

1. We are going to credit users back what they lost due to this exploit
2. We are going to ban those who used the exploit.
3. I will as well build out an idea for a giveaway to make up for the hurt feelings.
4.I am actively looking into moderation and giving some power back to the players whom I trust and know will do right by the community.

What I need from you:
1. if you were affected I need your username
2. If you know the username of someone who used this hack i need their username
3. What you would like to see as a gift
4. If I were to create a survey of players very active in the community would you guys like to be a part of the voting process?

Thanks in advance, and trust that while i may not always be lightning fast I try to help you guys as much and as often as possible.
Prev13456

Comments

• Options
    The shanky007The shanky007 Registered Users 1,291 Posts
    Thanks Foxx!! Yes i was affected my User name is The Shanky2. Too be honest keeping track of those ass holes who used the hack too many to count. As far as a giveaway people spend alot of money during turf I know i spend 30 bucks. I do the 9.99 and than the 19.99 gem packages, but to be upfront there's alot of Really honest people who got screwed. I can tell you I saw SHINBEATS lose twice to cars he shouldn't have lost to. Just overall we would like to be compensated for being loyal and legit and playing the game the way you designed it. I think you can see through all the posts there is a group of us who are legit and we vouch for each other over and over those people you should use in the "voting process". It just sucks when we put so much time and REAL cash into the game because it's fun to have it just pissed away because of some little bastards who have nothing better to do.

Thanks!
  • Options
    madoxersmadoxers Registered Users 56 Posts
    Good to know that you fixed that. I have pm'd you with my loss. I have also pmd you about a vulnerability in your vbulletin. I am willing to give more info. Looking forward to hearing from ya.
  • Options
    Razoor112Razoor112 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 222 Posts
    I think the idea of players being able to maybe moderate would help, but not on their regular account. Now is the dnf glitch closed or not?
  • Options
    KURTISBKURTISB Registered Users 114 Posts
    KURTISB is my username I know of two hackers one that I lost my car to and the other that I gained info on how the hack was done which I then supplied to yall, tj88 and rob551133. Have at em I witnessed those to scam over 8 people in the day.
  • Options
    SPEEDY DRIFT 127SPEEDY DRIFT 127 Registered Users 240 Posts
    I was mainly affected my this problem during TW which caused me to drop out of the team i was on.I did eventually get back into the TW without a issue.

1. if you were affected I need your username: Scania Fan 1990
    2. If you know the username of someone who used this hack i need their username:There were multiple users using this hack/expliot
    3. What you would like to see as a gift: I want to see this issue fixed
    4. If I were to create a survey of players very active in the community would you guys like to be a part of the voting process? Yes

• Options
    MontanezisaiahMontanezisaiah Registered Users 382 Posts
    I was affected, my ign is Isaiah 732... Unfortunately I was so ineahed at the time I turned my phone off without screen shotting the glitch or the persons name I lost some rr cash and a car of mine. Gems should definitely be awarded as a gift to those affected by the glitch because many people, including myself, lost gem cars to hackers. Also a car that isn't In the showroom like the z4 should be awarded. I suggest a BMW m5, a c6 corvette, or a ford gt-r, something along those lines. I would just like to thank you in advance for hopping on patching this glitch and giving users their cars back.
  • Options
    Terrydunne.Terrydunne. Registered Users 221 Posts
    Once again ign same as here and i would be interested and willing to be a part if the voting process! Hopefully it's fixed like you said, that would be good to know and thanks!
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I think I am a trustworthy guy to be honest I didn't pink cuz I heard about this but it's still like yeah u guys are off at home and this is happening and I think the copo should be a fair gift.
  • Options
    thunt3hunnathunt3hunna Registered Users 1,379 Posts
    lost money and 2 cars in tw name is thunt3hunna dont really remember hackerd names but most recent meetings were with mr fresh 1 I believe t1to e1 menol .
  • Options
    rell_1218rell_1218 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 50 Posts
    Rell_1218 I was affected by the exploit
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    My name is ShinBeats. I've made several threads about losing to black screen, DNF, hack, whatever, with witnesses. You seem to only be addressing the DNF/DQ hack, and you never even answered my letter with the 70+ names of people who have been swindled. We don't JUST want compensation for losing stuff over the weekend, WE WANT COMPENSATION for EVERYTHING we've lost before and after your 'patch.'

You may call our demands ridiculous, but guess what? Your 'patches' are ridiculous. Your 'errors' are ridiculous. These hackers are ridiculous.

80 gems and a SLOW R class car that is barely worth anything since no one will drive it is NOT compensation for people who have lost in excess of 30+ million worth of cars/gems. So you ask what we think is fair compensation for all the bullshiit, and continuing to stick around still? HERE'S what we and I don't think ANYONE will dispute this.

- 10 million credited
    - 2000 gems.

For EVERYONE who has proof they were affected by black screen and hackers and etc. That's what we want. Can you do it, or nah?
  • Options
    B E A S TB E A S T Registered Users 10 Posts
    I lost 3 cars due to DNF glitch, a maxed viper and 2 maxed evo 8s. my name is B E A S T (one spaced). I don't remember the name of hacker because my game kept crashing and I was busy doing turf wars. I really appreciate you getting back to us... Thanks! :)
  • Options
    HobsonHobson Registered Users 45 Posts
    1. H0bson1 2. Eikku1997 3. Something i dont have. Lol. But knowing they cant just start another account and do it all again. Is a gift in its own.
  • Options
    iKon_EM1iKon_EM1 Registered Users 8 Posts
    My name is OVERDRIVE QUEEN 64. I lost money and 2 maxed Z4.. BABE MAGNETZ is the name who did a foul hack on me on one of my Z4.. The other one I don't remember the name. Thanks!
  • Options
    IM SLOWWIM SLOWW Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hello. My ign is IM SLOWW. I lost my near maxed R34 to a guy named FALAH5. He was giving cars to a BO Y3QOB. As far as compensation, really all I would like is my R34 and money enough to get it back at least to where it was. Anything more would be a bonus but I'd at least like my car back the way it was. Thanks for trying to get this squared away.
  • Options
    iKon_EM1iKon_EM1 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Also a couple cars on black screen..
  • Options
    MontanezisaiahMontanezisaiah Registered Users 382 Posts
    I hope you can still provide me with my losses even tho I was unable to supply you with the name of the scammer or any proof. I'm telling the truth 100% and I apologize for not being able to give you the scammers name. Hopefully someone else caught his name and your working on banning him now. My ramintra was maxed out and I lost 200k. I don't care about the cash as much as losing my car. I just want my ramintra back, maxed or not, I spent legitimate money to get it and I don't want it to go to waste. Once again, my IGN is Isaiah 732, and if you need anymore info please pm me, I would gladly walk you through what happened!
  • Options
    BloodonmibladeBloodonmiblade Registered Users 148 Posts
    User name bloodonmiblade I have been affected this weekend lost a 02 skyline and a BMW gt3. From that point on I had to change my game plan as far as earning points with little damage to garage. I didn't want to pink anything for the trust value and not want to lose my gem cars.
  • Options
    Subaru05Subaru05 Registered Users 212 Posts
    Hopefully everyone gets taken care of. I would like be In a community survey.
  • Options
    COBRA KING 2014COBRA KING 2014 Registered Users 10 Posts
    1. My game name is COBRA KING 2014 - I was also scammed by a hacker using the DNF glitch/hack. I lost 10k and a maxed BMW GT2 with gem boost to the hacker.
    2. The hacker's game name HYDRO
    3. As a gift? just fix the "hole" and return my car/cash/gems that were lost... errors do happen and if you guys retroactively fix them and compensate the affected "victims" then there shouldn't be a problem in my opinion... I don't think flooding the game with $ or cars is the answer, but I am speaking for myself.
    4. I'd like to be part of a voting poll to help with game improvements/suggestions, etc
  • Options
    Duke ChaladoDuke Chalado Registered Users 46 Posts
    X chaotic x and his second acct that he transferred the cars to... He took a STI Coupe maxed... I posted all the details of this with ss's and the second acct he transferred hacked cars to on Lug's wall...
  • Options
    Hmong k24vtecHmong k24vtec Registered Users 35 Posts
    I am very affected. He took my car and made me dnf. Hope everything works well. My ign is HMONG K24vtec
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    1. My game name is COBRA KING 2014 - I was also scammed by a hacker using the DNF glitch/hack. I lost 10k and a maxed BMW GT2 with gem boost to the hacker.
    2. The hacker's game name HYDRO
    3. As a gift? just fix the "hole" and return my car/cash/gems that were lost... errors do happen and if you guys retroactively fix them and compensate the affected "victims" then there shouldn't be a problem in my opinion... I don't think flooding the game with $ or cars is the answer, but I am speaking for myself.
    4. I'd like to be part of a voting poll to help with game improvements/suggestions, etc

It's not flooding the game with money and cars. Trust me bro, there are people who have lost WAY more than what I asked for. There are people who lost one car, or 2 cars, and people who've lost 50. So, I picked a middle ground.
  • Options
    deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I have stopped playing and stopped buying gems. I have no idea what a fair gift would be because I think by this time those affected are completely over it and too late to care anymore. There is only so long a gamer can take before they're just done with a game. Thank you tho Foxx for being so involved and hearing us out. Thank you! cocoabiscuits
  • Options
    pancho6996pancho6996 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I lost a r35 and 300k to someone called 70nz also I heard he hack many other players I would post the screenshots just that it won't let me something I would like to revive would be The Nismo Lol.. My ign: TheMostWanted6996 Team: GOODFELLAS Team Hacker; 70nz
  • Options
    pancho6996pancho6996 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Also this other pic of bet I lost
  • Options
    SAVAG3SAVAG3 Registered Users 297 Posts
    Thanks Foxx, my info is below. 1. My Username: SAVAGE 777 2. username of someone who used this hack: magasiev13 3. What you would like to see as a gift: how about the new Nismo - I lost a nearly maxed mp4-12c to magasiev13 for sure and a maxed 2010 camaro didn't get the name on the camaro not 100% sure it was the hack because the foul message wasn't there went to pinks race, screen just blacked out but then car was gone. 3. would you guys like to be a part of the voting process? Sure Thanks again, SAVAG3
  • Options
    madoxersmadoxers Registered Users 56 Posts
    My ign is madpewx and I lost ss 2010, viper and my cobra jet due to the hacks.
  • Options
    CATCAT Registered Users 1,514 Posts
    Fox u being soft to hacker!! U said u gonna device ban them! But now u changed mind! Wtf!

Have 35$ pp to spend hmu
    Fueled racing beta tester/RR android beta tester/2013-present RR

• Options
    Hemi Jump 87Hemi Jump 87 Registered Users 1 Posts
    My ing is Hemi Jump 87 and I lost my maxed out/gemed rims rx-7 B class to X chaotic X I would like my car back, stock or maxed idc, I just want some kind of reimbursement and the player removed from the game.
This discussion has been closed.