Recovery of lost account

UzaakUzaak Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a situation where I lost access to my Disney Sorcerer's Arena account, and I was wondering if anyone has been in my shoes before and how long it took to recover it. I have already submitted a support ticket the exact moment it happened (one and a half hours after new year's, January 1st).

Long story short, I have already sent Glu all the information they asked for, and have all kinds of evidence that the account is mine - several purchase receipts, screenshots including my Profile and Player ID, previous support tickets regarding other inquiries from this very same account, the fact that in-game the account is linked to the very e-mail I am using to ask for support, that the account has been (very!) active ever since it was created and now hasn't had any activity starting from the time I asked for support, and even PvP matchup screenshots where I can tell the date and time my account has been matched against other players, in case those are ever needed.

Have any of you been there before? How long did it take to solve the issue?

Thanks for reading me out :) nice 2021, everyone.

Comments

• RR PhoenixRR Phoenix Registered Users, Moderators, Moderator 159 Posts
    @Uzaak
    Happy New Year @Uzaak!
    Just checking in with you to see if your issue with account recovery had been resolved yet? 
  • UzaakUzaak Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Hey @RR Phoenix, Happy New Year!

Thanks for dropping by. Yes, the issue has been resolved. Answering my own question, it took 15 days.

Two things to point out, though:

- Losing some of the events was a very bad downside which could have it's impact lessened if you somehow give the players compensation for the lost time. I can imagine "compensation" is a very broad term, but in a quick brainstorm it occurred that crediting 120 yellow and 60 purple energy (half the amount a player would get in a day) multiplied by the days the player lost would be interesting. You can get the time the player lost looking at the amount of time since the last login. Taking me for an example, I have an ongoing Beauty and the Beast and Sensational Six farm which was somewhat tight on dates. I honestly believe I can grab a 7 star Beast and a 7 star Mickey on the second time these events come, but I took a very strong hit in not being able to farm their nodes for two consecutive weeks (including a Double Token event). I would honestly spend the gems in refreshing the Elite Nodes had I gotten some of the energy back in the first place.

- Being a developer myself, I see a couple of opportunities to create kind of a self-service account recovery, which can help reduce the amount of inquiries you get on that matter and does not seem complex to implement at first glance. I will structure it better than that one single sentence and post on the Suggestions section of the Forum :smile: hopefully I can be of help to you guys somehow.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone from the support team who helped me on the account recovery.

Sorry for the long text. Take care!
    edited January 2021
    Hey again @Uzaak!

Glad that you were able to recover your account. Unfortunately, the decision of compensation isn't up to support, but I will absolutely relay your feedback to the team for consideration!  Looking forward to your post in the suggestions section to hear more! We appreciate your ongoing support :) 

• UzaakUzaak Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited January 2021
    @RR Phoenix,

I'm sorry it took me that long, but I sent a message in DSA Suggestions and Feedback section with some much more detailed explanation of what I meant by the self-service account recovery process. I can dive a lot deeper into the solution if you feel I should, but this being a suggestions area I guess that should be enough to start. I tried to keep it as non-technical as possible.

All feedback is welcome.

Ty again,
    - Uzaak
    Thanks @Uzaak! Heading over to check it out now!