Options

Elite Players

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
I now have more of an understanding why some players are less prone to losing.

I saw a few players post in another forum with screenshots, some of these players had thousands of gold bars which roughly translates into any item or combination you can imagine.

I am one of the newcomers to indestructible so the ability to get massive amounts of gold are no longer available unless I purchase which can get costly quick.

What really makes a difference in a game of two equal opponents is your skills, skill sets, components and consumables. Consumables can tip the balance in your favor.

What do you think, is gold they key to reaching the top?
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• Options
    MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    I now have more of an understanding why some players are less prone to losing.

I saw a few players post in another forum with screenshots, some of these players had thousands of gold bars which roughly translates into any item or combination you can imagine.

I am one of the newcomers to indestructible so the ability to get massive amounts of gold are no longer available unless I purchase which can get costly quick.

What really makes a difference in a game of two equal opponents is your skills, skill sets, components and consumables. Consumables can tip the balance in your favor.

What do you think, is gold they key to reaching the top?

Having a little gold never hurts, in this game or the real world, he he! :) However, I would say that gold is not the main factor in helping you become an elite player. Practice, practice, practice as the saying goes is what make the difference (and of course, talent). The amount of experience you accumulate while playing this game is weighed most in my opinion. Sure, good weapons, gold , consumables matter but I have seen a number of players have all of this and still play mediocre. On the reverse end, I have seen some players who don't have all of the big time weapons and still come out victorious. I have noted some silver players who I believe I have pure talent and will one day be some of the future elites of this game.

By the way, this makes me think about something Glu could easily do to make this game a little more exciting in the future and that is to make a few more honorary titles for elite players beyond the Gold level, i.e. Platinum, Diamond, and my favorite, 'Untouchable" based on the amount of Influence points a player has. Wow, wouldn't that be cool, to have one of those titles next your name??
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    First I agree with most of what you have said yet it is those matches where you are evenly matched up that I refer.

Second points status does not tell the whole story, take for instance my points are now over 10,000 and yours are much less, you are definitely the better player. Most of my points are garnered in the early morning hours when it appears there is an abundance of newer players. Heck if I played Friday and Saturday nights all the time I would probably be in silver.

Third I actually like the idea of different point status even though its just fluff.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!