GRINDING with your MELEE! What the...?

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
Yes, most people at some point or another will grind it up on the dance floor. Others, will grind it up in the kitchen with their potatoes and other fine produce. But how many of you fellow Indestrucibleholics grind it up using your MELEE? What is your MELEE strategy in devastating your opponents? How do you grind and wear down your competition to be victorious?
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER

Comments

• MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    What I am talking about is taking full advantage of your powerful MELEE weapon to crush your opponents and be victorious in battle. Never underestimate its ability to damage wreak havoc against your opponents. I think sometimes it is easy to focus on building up your firepower and weapons to feel like you need to win in this game. But I think what separates the good players from the best, are the players who frequently exploit the collision damage using their MELEE.

About a week a ago my colleague, Ddannen, expressed frustration in taking out a skilled Demolisher. As I, and many of you have experienced, a skilled Demolisher is one of the hardest opponents to beat no matter how much gold you have or what your set up is. This is because of the Demolisher's passive ability to have a 5% chance to restore 15% of maximum armor when they shoot at you.

In my experience, I have found that to beat a Demolisher or very skilled player using another vehicle, you need to scrap it it out with them, i.e close combat fighting. The closer you get to them the more likely you can inflict collision damage and hopefully at the same time, repair your vehicle using your CLOSE QUARTERS skill set to level 3 for 8% of max armor. Anyone who wants to be dominant in this game needs to use the CLOSE QUARTERS at level 3 and use Tier 4 MELEE. For example, lets say you are using the Dozer and have about 5000 armor on it. Eight percent of 5000 armor is a 400 armor increase for you while dealing simultaneously a 200% collision damage to your opponent. That is awesome! To beat a Demolisher or any other kind of skilled player you need to be able to inflict as much damage in the least amount of time while generating power for yourself wherever you can get it.

The other thing you want to do is make sure your HARD HITTER skill is set to either level 2 or 3 to really get the desired effect of that skill and collision damage. This skill, as you know, increases Collision Damage dealt, while reducing Collision Damage received by up to 15%. Ouch that hurts! It makes anyone colliding with you pay the price while at the same time allowing you to get a little more shielding power from enemy collisions. I can usually tell quickly which players are maxing out on these two skills by seeing how much damage can be inflicted on them when I collide with them.

My strategy relies on looking at the enemy arrows on the screen and making an educated guess as to where they will be a second or two before they get to their destination. By doing this, you can in effect, predict where they will be so that you can ram the $&%#%@ out of them. It takes practice but if you use the arrow to your advantage you can many times have a direct hit. Try to collide with your opponent from their side or back side because I think that insures you damage them without getting damaged yourself. If you try a head on frontal collision like a Rhino, you will inflict damage on each other, and then that becomes a wash. If you are being chased one of my favorite things is to slow down and let your opponent almost catch up to and then quickly turn your vehicle into them, like a side-swipe. If you do this with small opponent vehicles not only will you damage them severely, but in many cases it will topple over their car exposing their vulnerable underside and then you blast em. If you do this with large opponent vehicles you will not only damage them severely but in some cases they will become attached to your vehicle momentarily without any control. At that point, do what you please to them.

Well, I have been blabbing away, I hope this helps y'all. I would love to hear what y'all have to say about GRINDING with your MELEE! :)
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Uh, strange title dude :confused:, seriously though I do understand what you refer to and I will have to try this maneuvering when I next encounter the dreaded demolisher lol.

Whenever I try to use melee I end up getting locked in battle and end up paying the price with failure. I believe and you can correct me if I am wrong, if you slow down or get locked into close quarters the melee value is negligible. I also notice much to my surprise even when in close quarters you can miss often with missile yet with the machine guns this has the opposite affect where all shots hit home.

Just my observation.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Uh, strange title dude :confused:, seriously though I do understand what you refer to and I will have to try this maneuvering when I next encounter the dreaded demolisher lol.

Whenever I try to use melee I end up getting locked in battle and end up paying the price with failure. I believe and you can correct me if I am wrong, if you slow down or get locked into close quarters the melee value is negligible. I also notice much to my surprise even when in close quarters you can miss often with missile yet with the machine guns this has the opposite affect where all shots hit home.

Just my observation.

Yeah, I do not know what I was thinking when I wrote this title, :confused:

You said when you get locked up with your melee the melee value is negligible. That may be the case but I was under the impression that if you are the attacker in that situation you will damage your opponent more than he/she will damage you. One of the reasons I mentioned getting close to your opponent besides inflicting melee damage is to the point you mentioned, which is that it becomes more difficult to fire at your opponent. I think the machine guns may be easier to fire at you but it really depends on the players skills. As far as rockets are concerned, it definitely in my opiniion becomes harder to land rockets on your opponent when you are in close quarters. Good observation!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]