SUGGESTIONS:

BrenBren Registered Users 10 Posts
Okay, don't get me wrong, this game is great. I love the concept and everything like that.. but I think this game could use lots of improvements..

First of all, the profile part of the screen should be tweaked. There should be different stats up there, for example, multiplayer kills per match and multiplayer deaths per match is stupid. what you should replace it with is "kill/death ratio", which is simply your total number of kills divided by total number of deaths.. for example for me, it would be 4,569/1085 which would just display in a 3 digit number, so for me, 4.21. This would also prevent complaints about my next suggestion, which is even more important. Also, adding onto the profile part, I think that the wins should be displayed in a ratio also, so instead of showing 772 wins for 885 matches played, it would just say that I win 87.2% of all games I play.
Second of all, players leaving a match absolutely pisses me off. If I just start a game, and I kill both opponents quickly that they give up, I'm 2-0, the game is over, and that just sucks. I play for stats (I'm a big numbers and math guy) and that decreases my Multiplayer kills per match stat. What should happen is that if you leave a match early, it SHOULD count as a loss for them, and result in an 0-5 K/D for them.
Third of all, I think that you should be rewarded each time you beat the single player campaign mode, like each time you defeat shooter you get 5 gold bars or a little something. Whenever I get upset at people leaving my games I play single player and it does in all honesty take some time and effort to beat, so I think 5 gold bars is a fair reward. Also, they should make some kind of prestige mode where each time you fill a bar you get 5 gold bars.. Like maybe this can take into effect after you filled up the skill point area ( which I have yet to do ) so skill point are then worthless to you.
Lastly, make it so the shooter car/zombie car (whatever you call it) active ability actually explodes. The ability just tosses a few grenades into the air then they just settle down and don't do anything cool.

Let me know what everybody thinks about this;)
Bren

Comments

• BrenBren Registered Users 10 Posts
    Some more suggestions will come.. Including this one I forgot to mention:
    SUICIDES ARE BOGUS!!
    Sometimes I'll be chasing a car that's under 10% HP or so and they'll just cruise right off the edge so I don't get a kill.. BOGUS
    Sometimes my consumable will bounce the enemies backwards resulting in a death for them in the form of a suicide.. BOGUS
    With the Bigrig tractor trailer, sometimes I'll utilize the active ability to knock somebody off the edge, but don't get a kill.. BOGUS

Easy fix: last person to deal damage to a car that "suicides" gets the kill

Matchmaking
    Not sure if this is implemented or not, but if there's a few people in a lobby, try to group golds in a match and bronze/silvers in another.. I always feel bad for a bronze who gets stuck with 3 golds, gets crushed, and never plays again

A new rank:
    At 5,000 influence points there should be a new rank, such as platinum, and same with a new rank at 10,000 influence points

Interface
    It would also be nice to see other players overall level at the beginning of the game, in between each death, and the end (the screen that you see during and after the game showing the players names and kills/deaths) to see what I'm up against.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Bren wrote: »
    SUICIDES ARE BOGUS!!
    Sometimes I'll be chasing a car that's under 10% HP or so and they'll just cruise right off the edge so I don't get a kill.. BOGUS
    Sometimes my consumable will bounce the enemies backwards resulting in a death for them in the form of a suicide.. BOGUS
    With the Bigrig tractor trailer, sometimes I'll utilize the active ability to knock somebody off the edge, but don't get a kill.. BOGUS

Matchmaking
    Not sure if this is implemented or not, but if there's a few people in a lobby, try to group golds in a match and bronze/silvers in another.. I always feel bad for a bronze who gets stuck with 3 golds, gets crushed, and never plays again

A new rank:
    At 5,000 influence points there should be a new rank, such as platinum, and same with a new rank at 10,000 influence points

Interface
    It would also be nice to see other players overall level at the beginning of the game, in between each death, and the end (the screen that you see during and after the game showing the players names and kills/deaths) to see what I'm up against.
    Bren glad to see your posts, u r a really good player, I know you've beaten me quite a few times.

I haven't read the suicide post so I will respond to the post here. I proposed suicides to Proventil a loss not to mess with your stats and couldn't agree with you more that should I choose suicide for what ever reason the last car that hit me should receive the kill.

Matchmaking, totally agree on this yet there should be a way for new users to play with experienced players to see some of the faster paced dynamics of the game sort of like a trial run for what's to come.

Ranking, I really think this could be greatly improved by multiple levels of distinction say at 5000, 10000, 15000, 20000 and beyond as this is a static setting and wouldn't require too much programming. I mention this because of my own level is gold (generalization of skill) I have played other gold players and were completely shut down. If I am lucky enough to find them in GC I find their skill level is way up there way beyond me in terms of actual skills, kills ratio etc. I will still play these people yet I would like to know when I am doing well against a great player vs a player closer to my own skills.

I want quitters to have rankings affected simply put if you leave a game you have it count as a loss and the stats for kills are removed yet the stats for deaths are kept. Caveat!!!!!! I have encountered network error quite often in the recent past and not sure how this could be determined as I don't want to be penalized for the network dropping.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

I'll start with the matchmaking, you're right, they shouldn't be in their own group.. but maybe if there are like 2 golds and 2 bronzes, it seems like more times than not it's 2 golds vs. 2 bronzes which is flat out unfair.

And the ranking reply, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. I just want to know how I match up against other players who are around my skill level/influence point ranking. Gold is 'too easy' to get in my opinion, there could be a 1 week new player who gets gold with like 2 cars vs a person like me who's been gold for a fairly long time with 10 out of 11 cars, and that doesn't quite match up evenly.

And that's a good call with the quitters, if they were 4-3 and quit, they would have a loss and the game finished at 0-3. And I have major network issues often as well, I don't believe that we should be penalized for that so maybe that just wipes the game away? But then you get to the issues of people dropping their internet on purpose not to be penalized from leaving a game, so it's a difficult matter.

Another Suggestion
    Maybe like a short friends list you can use to keep tabs on players. Whenever I find a player who can beat me I instantly want to rematch them, and maybe a friends list can help with that, and show other players stats, and whether or not they are online or not. Not a big advanced thing, just something to be able to challenge more advanced players. I like a challenge, not continuously pounding bronzes to pad my total kill stat.
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    SUICIDES ARE BOGUS!!

Matchmaking

A new rank:

Interface

Welcome Bren. To your points, here are my thoughts:

"First of all"...I like the math/analysis stuff too, like you, and I think your suggestions are good. I would like your stat proposals to be put into effect bu Glu hopefully soon.

"Second of all"...It pisses me off too, lol, but as Ddannen said, sometimes people have a poor connection and get knocked off at no fault of their own, so it would be hard to monitor this situation fairly.

"Third of all"...Hey, earning a little gold on the side never hurts :) so I am for that idea.

"Lastly"...This grenade-not-exploding-thing seems to be a glitch which happens sometimes but I have noticed that the grenades always explode but sometimes don't disappear from the screen.

"Suicides are BOGUS"..."Last person to deal damage to a car that "suicides" gets the kill"--->good suggestion and I am for it!

"Matchmaking"...I have been playing this game for awhile and I have always noticed that the matchmaking is not ideal as you described. If there was a way for Glu to fix this, that would be preferred.

"A new rank" / 'Inteface"... I have proposed the 'new rank" idea in another post and I agree with you. I do think having more ranks would be good to indicate to everyone where the player stands in terms of experience. The only thing is that if Glu did this then I am afraid that players who like to quit would leave the game right away after seeing who they are matched up against. In effect, it may increase the likelihood that people would bail out of games. If Glu fixed the other problem of players not being able to quit then I would be fully on board with the "Rank" and "Interface" ideas.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    "Third of all"...Hey, earning a little gold on the side never hurts :) so I am for that idea.

"Lastly"...This grenade-not-exploding-thing seems to be a glitch which happens sometimes but I have noticed that the grenades always explode but sometimes don't disappear from the screen.

"Suicides are BOGUS"..."Last person to deal damage to a car that "suicides" gets the kill"--->good suggestion and I am for it!

first who would be against getting free gold :p grenade not exploding must be a bug in the game, not sure if developers are aware of this or if its a wide spread problem. if it is wide spread and happens to more than one user they should jump on it as soon as possible. and i agree with if you suicide the last person who shot you should get the kill. its ok to use Ddannen suggestion about suiciding but the player who shot the person suiciding should get the kill 100 percent agree
    IMG%5D
    Mike wrote: »
    Welcome Bren. To your points, here are my thoughts:

"A new rank" / 'Inteface"... I have proposed the 'new rank" idea in another post and I agree with you. I do think having more ranks would be good to indicate to everyone where the player stands in terms of experience. The only thing is that if Glu did this then I am afraid that players who like to quit would leave the game right away after seeing who they are matched up against. In effect, it may increase the likelihood that people would bail out of games. If Glu fixed the other problem of players not being able to quit then I would be fully on board with the "Rank" and "Interface" ideas.
    A new ranking system combined with the quitters getting their due should they quit is what this game needs. If they are paired up against a member with stats that scare them so be it, take the loss and move on.

Note regarding quitting versus bad connection.

In order to quit a player has to choose that option and their is tactile input where as with a network error that input is absent. This should be the way to fairly track quitters versus network error.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    first who would be against getting free gold :p grenade not exploding must be a bug in the game, not sure if developers are aware of this or if its a wide spread problem. if it is wide spread and happens to more than one user they should jump on it as soon as possible. and i agree with if you suicide the last person who shot you should get the kill. its ok to use Ddannen suggestion about suiciding but the player who shot the person suiciding should get the kill 100 percent agree
    This grenade not exploding is very common and I have yet to see it not happen. Could/would you shuffle this to the correct department? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    This grenade not exploding is very common and I have yet to see it not happen. Could/would you shuffle this to the correct department? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

So you have never seen your grenade explode???
    IMG%5D
    Mike wrote: »

This is a really good point actually.. if a newbie sees they are going up vs two people who have over 5,000 influence points each with nice stats.. that'll simply give them more of a reason to quit.

I've seen my grenades explode in 1 match a couple of weeks ago. I was in the "new" grass area and it exploded and worked 100% so I kept doing it over and over because I was so happy. Next time I got on.. it didn't happen again and it hasn't happened since.
    What happens is an explosion yet the debris (grenades) are left behind. Happens all the time.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    This is a really good point actually.. if a newbie sees they are going up vs two people who have over 5,000 influence points each with nice stats.. that'll simply give them more of a reason to quit.

I've seen my grenades explode in 1 match a couple of weeks ago. I was in the "new" grass area and it exploded and worked 100% so I kept doing it over and over because I was so happy. Next time I got on.. it didn't happen again and it hasn't happened since.

Will have to test this out. Can you tell me how to use/where and how to equip the granades so i could give this a try and return back (you know im new to this game so pardon the dumb question)
    IMG%5D
    Will have to test this out. Can you tell me how to use/where and how to equip the granades so i could give this a try and return back (you know im new to this game so pardon the dumb question)

Maybe I wasn't clear.. Sorry.. But the new course, the one with the grass and beach and water, on that map, the active ability on the shooter car (the tossing of grenades) worked. Not sure why it exploded this time, but it did. And that's the only time

Side note: I won the Shooter car the day it was released, this probably doesn't matter but who knows
  • spcmonkeyspcmonkey Registered Users 7 Posts
    I agree completely... Particularly regarding those who cowardly abandone matches. Why are those brave enough to fight to the end penalized while cowards are rewarded?
    spcmonkey wrote: »
    I agree completely... Particularly regarding those who cowardly abandone matches. Why are those brave enough to fight to the end penalized while cowards are rewarded?

Yes this should be the #1 issue

ALSO I just reached MAX level ( 30 ) and I think there should be some kind of reward. First off, not sure why 30 is max.. I could still use skill points to improve my cars. But anyway, there should be prestige mode, where you earn some kind of gold reward each time you fill the XP bar, or at least coins.. Although at this points coins are pretty worthless. But still -.-
    Ddannen wrote: »
    A new ranking system combined with the quitters getting their due should they quit is what this game needs. If they are paired up against a member with stats that scare them so be it, take the loss and move on.

Note regarding quitting versus bad connection.

In order to quit a player has to choose that option and their is tactile input where as with a network error that input is absent. This should be the way to fairly track quitters versus network error.

I would like to see a new ranking system put in place too.
    I like your idea about how Glu could track the quitters vs. network error...would be great if Glu could do something like that.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I can't take these quitters anymore. 20 minutes straight of 1-2 kill games. Tell me when they fix it
    I can't take these quitters anymore. 20 minutes straight of 1-2 kill games. Tell me when they fix it

I am with you Bren , it is frustrating to say the least.

Hi Glu, please address Bren's request. As you can see from all the talk about this, quitters in this game need to be dealt with asap. Please include some kind of function in the next UPDATE that includes preventing players from quitting or at the least, penalizes them for doing so because it takes away from this awesome game!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • superhero2superhero2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I agree on the quitters problem. Some of the daily challenges (win capture the flag 3-0) are getting really hard to do because the opponents always quit before that point.

Another suggestion, along a different line, is that you need to check for profanity in the screen names. I played someone today with the screen name "f***you" (yes it was actually spelled out... I put in the ***s for the forum.). Now I have to decide whether to ban my 7 year old son from the game (it would be a shame to ban him, since he is level 30 and is quite good :) ).
    You know it not just the scene names it's the attitude of the players also as I have played with individuals that get all bent out of shape because they lost or maybe didn't get the kills they thought they deserved and go off on a tirade after the game. That language can be even worse so I understand what you are saying.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    this has never happened to me but i keep running into those little bastards everytime since they are so small but no sign of explosion to avoid it,like ddannon iv heard of this but never seen it before happening to me,except ddannon has never seen it all but my not seeing the explosion was about 1 month ago,ever since its been exploding......other problems that i have been seen like your problem of people quiting i hate those problems too.......a lot,but sry not in a big problem where i wanna change them.....quiting the game i really think they should change that though!
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    One of the most frustrating things is in the individual Death Match games, a player can commit suicide and, since the game ends when a player gets 5 kills, theoretically it could go on forever if your opponent decides to hang out on the edge of a cliff and commit suicide every time you do damage to him. Implementing the "whoever did the most recent damage gets the kill" feature would resolve that problem.

This last weekend I was in an individual Death Match game and all the other players quit, which left me against a player called REAPER on the rocket base board. I had 2 kills and he had 0 and from then on he would park his pummeler on the edge of the cliff and shoot rockets at me. Whenever I would get close to killing him, he would just go off the edge and commit suicide. That meant that he could not win because he was not accumulating kills and points were being subtracted from him. But it also meant that I couldn't win because I couldn't get the "kill" before he committed suicide. Very frustrating. He kept doing this, hoping I would quit so he could get the cheap win. I refused to quit though because I didn't want his cheap actions to be rewarded. I can be very stubborn and, indeed, sat and continued to play over and over for almost an hour - always inflicting damage on him and him commiting suicide before I could register a kill. Finally, he quit, but it was incredibly frustrating and a waste of time. That was the second time I have played against REAPER when he did that (in the first time, I had already gotten 4 kills and was able to kill him before he could commit suicide) and I imagine he employs that strategy a lot. As mentioned by Bren in this thread, this is an easy fix and one that I hope Glu gets around to sooner rather than later.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    MantaRay wrote: »
    One of the most frustrating things is in the individual Death Match games, a player can commit suicide and, since the game ends when a player gets 5 kills, theoretically it could go on forever if your opponent decides to hang out on the edge of a cliff and commit suicide every time you do damage to him. Implementing the "whoever did the most recent damage gets the kill" feature would resolve that problem.

This last weekend I was in an individual Death Match game and all the other players quit, which left me against a player called REAPER on the rocket base board. I had 2 kills and he had 0 and from then on he would park his pummeler on the edge of the cliff and shoot rockets at me. Whenever I would get close to killing him, he would just go off the edge and commit suicide. That meant that he could not win because he was not accumulating kills and points were being subtracted from him. But it also meant that I couldn't win because I couldn't get the "kill" before he committed suicide. Very frustrating. He kept doing this, hoping I would quit so he could get the cheap win. I refused to quit though because I didn't want his cheap actions to be rewarded. I can be very stubborn and, indeed, sat and continued to play over and over for almost an hour - always inflicting damage on him and him commiting suicide before I could register a kill. Finally, he quit, but it was incredibly frustrating and a waste of time. That was the second time I have played against REAPER when he did that (in the first time, I had already gotten 4 kills and was able to kill him before he could commit suicide) and I imagine he employs that strategy a lot. As mentioned by Bren in this thread, this is an easy fix and one that I hope Glu gets around to sooner rather than later.

When players do that it is very irritating. I give you credit for hanging in there to the end. I agree with you and hope Glu will make this minor correction to the game.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I never ran into this as most death match games usually have at least 1 or 2 players that will stick it out, I would be really frustrated under these conditions.

I have been in recover the charge continuous loops which I believe is worse as the is no ending except if your opponent quits and that game can go on and on. I have had a game with over 50 kills before the opponent finally gave up.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    lol,i think a suggestion from me is that there should be a mercy rule,inside of capture the flag or recover the charge,a player sees me and thinks,my team is so over powered,than they start to camp infront of the enemy keep on spawning to get a kill!Seriously dont they get what getting tired of this is?sure if its a challenge than ill let it slide,BUT THEYRE JUST USING ME TO GET KILLS!AND IM GETTING REAL SICK OF THOSE PLAYERS,maybe over 30 kills the game should be mercy.....
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    Just turn it into a mind game next time it happens to you

instead of chasing them and shooting them... sit in the middle of the screen and hope they come chasing to you. Turn it into a battle of patience. If they sit on the edge, let them sit there for a while and see if they can sit there for 5 min doing nothing.

Just dont give them the satisfaction of chasing them

im one of those people who are kinda guilty of being a quitter, only reason why i quit is because i get disconnected automatically during game play :( didnt meant to do it, it just does it to me now and then
    mthead wrote: »
    Just turn it into a mind game next time it happens to you

instead of chasing them and shooting them... sit in the middle of the screen and hope they come chasing to you. Turn it into a battle of patience. If they sit on the edge, let them sit there for a while and see if they can sit there for 5 min doing nothing.

Just dont give them the satisfaction of chasing them

im one of those people who are kinda guilty of being a quitter, only reason why i quit is because i get disconnected automatically during game play :( didnt meant to do it, it just does it to me now and then

Getting disconnected isn't quitting. If you actually leave the game of your own volition then you are a quitter.

I have been guilty in the past of taking cheap shots at spawners, it gets old real quick and usually at a result of teammate that will not end the game. Poor excuse.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    i feel bad about making the game unfair,now days i just shoot,now and than,i dont keep shooting if the game is unfair.

and this topic became a confensions page lol!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    You know they say confession is good for the soul.

What I have done recently, when involved in a one sided game I will defer to my teammate and let him run with the ball per say. If my team is in jeopardy and we may loose I will intervene, after all I don't want to intentionally loose.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • 1DOOMRIDER1DOOMRIDER Registered Users 24 Posts
    the ideas are great!!! ¡¡
    Can you guys give a release date