I hate quitters!

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
I realize there are times that network issues cause a player to drop out and I have no problem with this "occasional" problem.

My problem is when players feel overwhelmed and quit for one reason or another, for goodness sakes its just a game people.

I don't give a rats @$$ about ratings because I regularly beat better players and get beaten by lesser players yet I do not quit. This action causes the game to become boring especially when you just want some action and you win after just killing one or two opponents.

If you are new to the game suck it up and take the losses because we were all there at one time getting our butts kicked from here to there and back.

If you are a good player and don't want your averages or XP affected by loosing play better don't quit because it ruins the game for everyone that is playing and it gives you a bad name. After a recent game I remarked that I hate quitters and the two remaining players were quick to tell me this player always quits if he thinks he is about to loose. This is soooooo lame, it's just a video game!

I have played more games recently where either my teamate or one of my opponents teammates have quit and the dynamics of the "team" game changes.

If you want to play one on one I totally understand and that's what gamecenter is for so challenge someone and have at it! Team games are just that, a team game so please don't quit just because you are loosing or your teamate sucks, remember you weren't always a good player!

Sorry for the rant, just gets old.
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• jomateixtujomateixtu Registered Users 132 Posts
    Yeah ddanen i agree too.inteligent question.keep it up dapper
    Qui no guarda quan te no menja quan vol
  • moe68moemoe68moe Registered Users 6 Posts
    i completely agree. there are times where i am getting beat down. but do not quit and try even if i know its a lost cause just because quitting makes the game less enjoyable especially if my teammate is still in the game. its not fair to them.
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Just lost a game to some great players 5-0 and it was anything but fun lol yet both I and my team member hung in there. Note my team member was a bronze player. I have had more gold players quit than any other.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    As a long time player like yourself Ddanenn, I have encountered many quitters too unfortunately. Yes, while this is only a game you are right. Quitters really do sour the game for everyone else and I would kindly ask that players of this game please refrain from quitting. It definitely tarnishes your game name but more importantly, I would suggest trying to hang in there with your TEAMMATE and battle it out as best as you can, even if you LOSE. It definitely shows good character and loyalty when you hang in there to the end with your teammate. Take it on the chin and be tough. This game is high competition which makes it so much fun. If it too much for the quitters than I would recommend they play a different game and spare all of us non-quitting players.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Mike, it's unfortunate as I have played games and got my @$$ kicked all over the place yet still managed to make the game interesting after my teammate quit. In the end of games like this the opposing team usually comments on how lame the quitter was and gives you kudos for hanging in there.
    What I have found myself doing as of late, should the opposing teammate quit I will let my teammate battle it out as long as he or she can handle it on their own. Should the tide shift because the opposing team player is a good player I will then join back with my team member to secure the win.
    I will say this in all sincerity to quitters, I have been quit on and have still won the match and I have played two on one and lost.

Quitting changes the dynamics of a team game!

If team play is not your bag switch to DEATH MATCH this way when you quit it will only affect you!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Mike, it's unfortunate as I have played games and got my @$$ kicked all over the place yet still managed to make the game interesting after my teammate quit. In the end of games like this the opposing team usually comments on how lame the quitter was and gives you kudos for hanging in there.
    What I have found myself doing as of late, should the opposing teammate quit I will let my teammate battle it out as long as he or she can handle it on their own. Should the tide shift because the opposing team player is a good player I will then join back with my team member to secure the win.
    I will say this in all sincerity to quitters, I have been quit on and have still won the match and I have played two on one and lost.

Quitting changes the dynamics of a team game!

If team play is not your bag switch to DEATH MATCH this way when you quit it will only affect you!

Yes Ddannen, I can attest to that. You are not a quitter!

By the way, I like your suggestion to quitters to play Death Match instead, as this will only affect them and not a teammate.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    I love it - great post. I never quit no matter what. Of course, that doesn't include network problems or battery drainage, but I will not voluntarily quit. Sometimes, if you hang in there, you'll be surprised with a win --- perhaps others will quit or something unexpected happens. That has happened many times for me. I love it when my teammate hangs in there no matter what and, if he sticks around after the game, I will tell him "thanks for sticking around." Hopefully, more people will get the idea that quitters and indestructible don't - or shouldn't - mix.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    Sry ddannen but I only quite when I found out that quitting wouldnt take ur points away.....it is just a game,but I thought getting gold was important to me in this game and didnt want to b a silver:(I won't quite anymore..........well I don't anyways
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    But even though I hav played 1 on 2 more than I hav played 2 on 2,when I reached gold i thought I can handle it,than people say there's something as quitting on the game,but I started to quite than and I let the opponents win:( and after that I payed 10 dollars and i started to bcome sort of able to beat people like rudy or other people that hav teir 4 weapons,I also thought that I can take on 2 people at once, which so many times iv learned how to win in those games,but still I hav played more games of 2 on 1 than 2 on 2
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER