Need for cheat?

Felix03Felix03 Registered Users 3 Posts
Hi all,
my 10y old son loves to play indestructible and spends more time than I consider appropriate with that game.
Our device is an „old“ iPad 1 (iOS 5.1.1). He begged us to pimp up his vehicles spending his pocket money all the time - but we didn’t allow him to waste real Euros for virtual things. Around Christmas my wife got weak and allowed him to spend around 40 EUR of his pocket money for some equipment via in app purchases.

In the meanwhile we want to give away the old iPad to my mother since a lot of newer apps do not run. Thats why we purchased a brand new iPad Mini Retina. We followed the instructions on http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?594-What-is-the-best-path-for-quot-changing-devices-quot to preserve all personal settings:

* Perform a full backup of iPad 1 in iTunes
* Connect the new iPad
* Do not choose to configure as a new device but restore from the backup instead
* Wait for reboot

Voila, the new iPad started with all apps installed. The last settings of my favorite apps (Lost cities, Montezuma etc.) were all preserved. Except - you guess it - Indestructible! My son was/is really in despair since he must start the game from scratch - nothing of his progress was preserved, endless hours of fighting and robbing the piggy bank for nothing :mad:

Searching for a solution I came along a lot of dubious tactics to cheat (patching plist files etc.) and some „legal“ tips to copy/paste user data via iExplore & Co. I didn’t try to cheat but all the „legal“ tips how to transfer user data didn’t work.

About 10 days ago I sent an email to glu support - no response yet.
It’s too sad. Hope that this will be a lesson for him to not waste real money for bogus virtual equipment in the future.

Anyway, is there anybody in this forum who can give us a pointer how to get out of that problem?

Thank you.

Comments

• Mas_Mas_ Registered Users 54 Posts
    I just replaced an old iPad for a new one. Took several tries, but I recall needing to do a full backup on iTunes 1st followed by a restore on iTunes. Key is to click the restore in iTunes as opposed to interceding manually with the iPad itself. In other words, hook it up and restore fully only from the laptop. Voila ... it should be there. Took me 3 tries as I tried to use my tablet manually to do things. Tell him to have faith. It's there and will transfer. I can attest to the bad feeling when it doesn't as I have the most kills in the game on Leaderboards by a longshot ... can't replace that easily!!
  • Felix03Felix03 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Wish I could share your optimism. I tried it again yesterday - 3 times.
    This time I even reinstalled the complete iOS 7.0.4 via iTunes before.
    The last time I switched from iMac/MacBook to a fresh Windows which had never seen iTunes before.
    Always the same: Other Apps including their settings are restored fom the iPad 1, except Indestructible.
    It always starts from scratch and asks you to choose your first car.

I'm sure there is nothing left you can do wrong in that procedure. It's exactly the way described on the glu site.
    It might work in a couple of constellations, but definititely not in our case - jumping from the oldest iPad to the newest one.
    There's an option to manually back up applications and data as well. Try doing that as well, although you would think full backup should have taken care of it. Also a place in iTunes to transfer all purchases across the top in one of the drop downs. Do that as well. Mine worked only when I wiped the new iPad of everything and then only restored from the cable connection to the Mac. Didn't intercede at all with the iPad until it said all was complete from the Mac via iTunes. Sorry ... very frustrating ... I know as it stinks when you think you got it and then it starts you as a beginner. It worked after multiple attempts. Did you update the old iPad to the newest operating system as well before backing up to iTunes?
    I understand also that the following program will allow you to drill down and transfer info off your iOS device to be able to move it to the new one:
    http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Good luck
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    Mas_ wrote: »
    I understand also that the following program will allow you to drill down and transfer info off your iOS device to be able to move it to the new one:
    http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Good luck

This method and ones akin to it work best with a jailbroken device (because this allows for files to be moved around more freely, and hidden ones to be seen..)
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.
  • Felix03Felix03 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thanks for your answers, folks.

Unfortunately I tried all your suggestions already. Completely reinstall newest iOS on the new iPad, recover from backup, instead of setup as new device, wait until restart is complete. All via cable + iTunes on Mac and PC. No success. I also tried the iexplore tool to manually copy the complete indestructible folder from old to new device. Same result.

I think glu doesn't tell the (full) truth on their site. Using two devices (without jailbreak), perform a complete reinstallation (OS + restore backup) of the target - what else can you do? I guess they didn't check if that also works between an old device (iPad 1st gen) and a new one (iPad 5th gen).

BTW, even after a couple of weeks the support didn't respond to our mail yet.
    Very, very disappointing.
  • RudyBanRudyBan Registered Users 234 Posts
    Blast..there's no way to move an account that has worked for me. Alex and I tried sharing the keychain file and the save.dat to no avail. This game is rigged so that you'll have to start fresh each and every time you get a new device and so on, even if you so much as delete it temporarily to make space, your in game stuff is gone. Unless, of course, you're willing to dish out 400 plus dollars to the devs, who, frankly, seem to have given up on this game (did iAP make em rich??) , each and every time you start another account?
    I'm on Growtopia as RudyBan! Available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS!
    Growtopia is a 2D platformer MMORPG with gameplay between platforms. This means that everyone plays together!

Learn more about, and maybe download, Growtopia, here.

My RTsoft Forums profile, here.