Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

This needs to stop...

Nightfire27Nightfire27 Registered Users 192 Posts
I'm posting this as an impartial member of the community, I am not taking sides here. Ok, this is what is most aggravating to me and needs to end. Now. Will people stop ******** and moaning about the new update and the moderators, yes the update sucked, I get it, we all get it, but ffs no one needs to see 50 different threads complaining about it!!! I'd like to see these people do better! Also funny enough, the reason moderators are editing posts a lot recently is because of some of the quite frankly shocking language and abuse aimed at CIE and all associates, that's actually what they're supposed to do, now can everyone get off their high horses, calm down and not make it out that the admins and moderators are all lazy ****** who abuse their power, because they don't. I'm sure we're all reasonable people so how about BEING REASONABLE instead of raging all the time, it's only a game to us after all, but for many of the guys at CIE, this could be their livelihoods...

Comments

• Options
    nixes288nixes288 Registered Users 247 Posts
    IMO. If cie would release statements and not have us guessing there would b less post
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    Thank you. I dont know how many times i can tell someone why thier posts were deleted.
  • Options
    CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    I'm posting this as an impartial member of the community, I am not taking sides here. Ok, this is what is most aggravating to me and needs to end. Now. Will people stop ******** and moaning about the new update and the moderators, yes the update sucked, I get it, we all get it, but ffs no one needs to see 50 different threads complaining about it!!! I'd like to see these people do better! Also funny enough, the reason moderators are editing posts a lot recently is because of some of the quite frankly shocking language and abuse aimed at CIE and all associates, that's actually what they're supposed to do, now can everyone get off their high horses, calm down and not make it out that the admins and moderators are all lazy ****** who abuse their power, because they don't. I'm sure we're all reasonable people so how about BEING REASONABLE instead of raging all the time, it's only a game to us after all, but for many of the guys at CIE, this could be their livelihoods...
    People are acting like this is their first forum they have visited before. Even first moderator they have seen. It is very childish..
  • Options
    nixes288nixes288 Registered Users 247 Posts
    Moderate me some answers to me losing gems.
  • Options
    lrmest1991lrmest1991 Registered Users 864 Posts

This needs to stop...
  • Options
    Nightfire27Nightfire27 Registered Users 192 Posts
    I find it kinda funny that the top teams are "retiring" from the game, I bet that lasts right up until the next update XD
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    I love how people that spend no money on this game tell people who have to basically screw off. Unless you have supported CIE and you have invested your time and money into this, you shouldn't talk down to people who have.
  • Options
    JawsJaws Registered Users 3,701 Posts
    I'm with you man. It's the simple fact that cie has not publicly contacted anyone whatsoever via email to admit their mistakes to the players on the iOS platform that spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Multiply that by the mass amounts of players all over the world and you have one fat check from iOS users alone. Who make up for a vast majority in spendings I do believe. I can quote multiple players how they are being hurt by this. Yes it's just a game, I myself understand that but a lot of people have created a bunch of friendships through the game itself, learned from the game, and also respected the game and awarded cie it's fame through their spendings. It's about customer service and I've learned a lot over two degrees and working with computers and marketing and sales as well. You need to come to the customer and admit your flaws and last resort shut the game down and not show that you're greedy and launch two turfs , bad bad bad choice when looking a it professionally and it will catch up to them. Just make that money as fast as possible. A simple fix would be to close down game for a couple days. Have only the workers play the game to find errors and brainstorm the process of fixing them. Start with the main things first; The racing itself(shifting, lag, connection). Then work your way down last to like rims. People can do without them. Lastly just respect the player. After all it does say powered by enthusiasts and for god sakes just don't expect giving away stuff will make people happy cause it won't. A couple days down and fixing will lose you money yes, but will grow more respect from us and also if you come back strong with update you will be rewarded nicely by iOS users. They deserve answers and I truly hope someone from the top can be man enough and not too greedy to feed his ego. Each update since the game has added has slowed down the process of the game. I don't see why you would do this. Multiple platforms can exist efficiently, more money yes and work but for now this single platform system is destroying your brand. I love you guys and I still have respect for you but that is dwindling. And for the person called night fire stop sucking up and sounding like you need brownie points. No one likes a suck up. Lol. I don't know you but your words are cheesy man. Yes the cursing at mods gets old but it's life. They know it we know it so shush it bro let people be angry. They deserve to be. It's the coders/programmers fault. Game should've been shut down to test the new version like a beta and they would've seen the faults themselves. Tell all your workers to pull out phones go through game blah blah blah! Then release when ready. At least last platform the errors were so much lighter to androids. If I worked for cie as the spokesperson. I would fully admit my flaws right now and just shut game down and not look greedy. Fix the issues and you'll regain a lot of players. Ps: thank you for reading my post, have a great day people! And these are too fixes that will help to fix mods so relay this. 1. Racing(shifting, lag, connection) 2. Friends( shutting down of app, and also keeping of garage results in this) 3. The stage on the car isn't changing unless you move around for a bit and changes different then back to numbers. (Sometimes 1644, then 47, etc.) 4. Loading of the game takes way too long 5. Dnfs 6. Don't allow racers to just enter a friend by joining them or another racer and race in the wrong lobby. They should be kicked out. Allow for friends to meet a different way 7. Make a trading center 8. Weed out the hackers (if someone shows visible proof multiple times react and punish) which you usually so so I respect that 9. Fix some errors before turf is over or reward everyone turf car or some type of car to iOS users who can't turf. I had 30k nearly last turf in two days I only raced so I can play good. I have 43 points now lol cause I can't race! So how's this fair? Like telling lebron he is too good he can only play with his left arm tied behind his back, but the defender can play with two. iOS vs android 10. Listen to the forums coders if you aren't already. And for god sakes can I get my gems!! ign wally491 thanks cie I hope you read this.
  • Options
    Valient2000Valient2000 Registered Users 17 Posts
    Nightfire

I agree wholeheartedly regarding abuse, there is no cause to abuse anyone and, especially, swearing at or threatening anyone is pathetic.

In that spirit it would be nice if the statements and comments from RR staffers and perhaps, Sir, yourself were equally temperate

To quote you " just deal with it and move on, if you want to leave, then leave, find another game to play, because this thread will have no impact on anything, simply because rolling back now is an unreasonable request." Just deal with it...... We, many customers of CIE, have paid money and lost out. We have an implied contract, we pay and get the benefit of gems, RR cash and all that brings to the party....... but if we lose out through bugs, glitches and no fault of our own then that isn't in the deal. Moan about it and get told to wait two weeks. Moan about it and get told not to spend any more money, there has been NO APOLOGY whatsoever from CIE to those that have actually lost out after paying money. See below, Lutzburg actually says, in balck and white ... if you want to risk it, that's at your expense"... pay us but we take no responsibility for the game !

To quote Lutzburg "I'm sorry if your fanboy allegiances to one over the other are preventing you from playing the game, or somehow causing you to resent your fellow racers. But that's not on us; that's your cross to bear. We accept responsibility for the transition being very rocky and full of bugs and graphical issues. These can and are being fixed. I just wish some of your attitudes could be fixed the same way." Sorry, people were complaining that they couldn't play a game, or had lost out in a game, that they'd paid money for. Nothing to do with paranoia about IOS v Andriod, just a fact that you may have greatly improved the Android experience but ruined the IOS....

Again, to quote Lutzburg "Turf is going on because, for as bad and widespread as the issues seem to be, we know that most players worldwide (millions of them) are actually experiencing few to no issues regarding lag or framerate. If players don't feel comfortable participating in this Turf, that's fair and we aren't going to make you. If you want to risk it, that's at your own expense. But as they say, the show must go on."

Really, we can pay and risk it eh. At our own expense, eh. You mean like it was at our expense, those that pay for the game which is EXACTLY what CIE wish, they have monetized this "Game" which is really an industry for them.

"Most players", please justify that most players aren't having problems. Most people are too polite to complain. As they indeed say, the show must go on, read Keep Paying us and generating the money!!!

YOU SAID in recent post "IGN: Nightfire27, Device: Ipod 5, Issues I have been having include 1. Lag during races and inside the lobbies, 2. Game crashing every minute or so inside the team menu, 3. During race prep, the timer sometimes runs down to 0.0 and nothing happens, forcing to close and re-open the app. ", you know there are issues and you are a patient person, fine, we all love this game otherwise we wouldn't bother commenting on here and many people have been more than patient, but they are losing their pateince because they love the game so much, the game they played until the last update that is.

There is a problem for Ipad users, that's undeniable. Today I tried again, putting up with the terrible large and dodgy graphics and had three races, two went okay, third I was getting confident and made a small bet, LAUNCH and.... no ability to shift... GLITCH. Lost my modest bet and that's what I suppose is "at my risk"

Simple. Apologise, explain and then say something along the lines of, Ipad users, we here you, we're working on it, should be fixed by X date, okay. But no, the show must go on, BUY MORE GEMS at the 30% HOLIDAY DISCOUNT RATE, KEEP PLAYING, the show must go on, but screw you if you have a problem and lose out, that's your fault for continuing to play!

• Options
    Fp67Fp67 Registered Users 118 Posts
    i like you nightfire
  • Options
    King DavidKing David Registered Users 181 Posts
    You're all foolish for playing a game from CIE. Just look at Nitto Legends right now.
  • Options
    jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    Just in case all of you were just a bit too lazy to look here is a statement from cie to the public in plain daylight about what they know is going on in the game after the update...
    http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/forum/the-neighborhood/talk-about-racing-rivals/144226-6-30-14-the-live-game-what-were-doing-what-i-need-from-you