Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ability to change your cars gear ratios and 1/2/1mile roads

240z240z Registered Users 152 Posts
I'm positive that the ability to edit your gear ratios is a must of everyone. It would add a whole new layer of fun and skill and would make pinks a lot more dangerous and fun. As for the 1/2 and 1 mile roads. This would also add more variety and fun in races, though it probably only be good with the gear ratios addition otherwise there would be no point considering how a lot of the cars max out in the 1/4 mile.

Comments

• Options
    swag420swag420 Registered Users 129 Posts
    gear ratios would be cool but I would put those who don't know much about cars at a huge disadvantage, therefore they would have no fun in the game
  • Options
    You could know nothing about cars and still come up with good gear ratios.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    a interesting idea 240, we can look into it but making the game playable for everyone and keeping the playing field even is always a major concern for us
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Foxx;n20693]a interesting idea 240, we can look into it but making the game playable for everyone and keeping the playing field even is always a major concern for us[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. If anything i'm sure the community was some variety and something new. And the playing field is already not even considering how some people know how to get times that's very difficult to get. If anything it would be nice if everyone in the game had the ability to change there gear ratios. It would be way more addicting. Plus the addition of different lengths of the track would even add more variety to this game.
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    ill bring it up.
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I hope that it doesn't turn to this direction.. As it is now, we all now what to expect from each car, and so it comes down to skill and RT.
  • Options
    The SmurfThe Smurf Registered Users 1 Posts
    On this subject, if you wanted to keep it simple you could "automagically" adjust the gear ratios for different length tracks. This would keep it simple for us less than knowledgeable people and at the same time add a whole new aspect of the game. With multiple length tracks you could essentially triple the length of campaign by having a campaign series for each track length, and if you wanted to get even more fancy you could have specialized cars for each as well. and if you wanted to add ratios, you could add a mechanic who for x amount of cash would auto tune the gears for what add-ons you have. This would allow for the people who don't know much about it to have a "car geek" set the ratios for them, while giving the people who want to manually tweak the ratios the chance. I know programmatically that could be a some what time consuming goober but I think it would add to the fun of the game.
  • Options
    T_RazT_Raz Registered Users 55 Posts
    Nitto legends had it worked great