Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turf wars and boost

Canon GuyCanon Guy Registered Users 63 Posts
I think you should stop allowing people to us boost during the turf war races. Even the field. Let's the skills be the difference.

Comments

• Options
    B4M3B4M3 Registered Users 55 Posts
    I feel ya.. Although I myself use boost
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Boost is fair. You can always use gems. If you don't have any buy some. Or don't pink.....
  • Options
    240z240z Registered Users 152 Posts
    SIKAS SHYT wrote: »
    Boost is fair. You can always use gems. If you don't have any buy some. Or don't pink.....

Boost isn't fair. In fact its the very thing that makes the balance of racing rivals ruined. You think its fair that you have to buy boost in order to even attempt to do a pinks? Its dumb as crap. If boost were to be removed the game would be many many times better.
  • Options
    Two identical cars set up the same. Same rating and everything. The only difference between the cars is the skill of the driver. Add boost and it then turns into who is more willing to spend gems (real money) to win. I don't mind it in the reg tracks but in the turf wars it's not cool.
  • Options
    240z240z Registered Users 152 Posts
    Canon Guy wrote: »
    Two identical cars set up the same. Same rating and everything. The only difference between the cars is the skill of the driver. Add boost and it then turns into who is more willing to spend gems (real money) to win. I don't mind it in the reg tracks but in the turf wars it's not cool.
    Exactly! Boost gets rid of that skill factor! There's only a skill factor if both drivers have boost.
  • Options
    That should be one of the events. All cars "no boost". Would be interesting to see what happens
  • Options
    Ya so buy gems. I always have plenty so I use it every time I pink because I have no skill of course lol.
  • Options
    greendrivergreendriver Registered Users 86 Posts
    Boost is unfair. Also, in my opinion there's a lot more unfair, a millionaire player with 500 cars can race all day and make thousands of points on turf, while a new player has to race 4-5 times, cause the engine stress is so high in maxed cars, and then he has to wait 9h-10h to repair it, race 4-5 times and wait 9h-10h. remember that the event has 24h.
  • Options
    swag420swag420 Registered Users 129 Posts
    green that isn't a valid point at all, that's like saying a millionaire in real life cant own a business because some poor fella in the projects livin off the system cant, its a benefit of playing the game and being experienced, also a lot of people don't run all their cars maxed because that's not always most efficient, sometimes its more efficient to run at a lower rating tuned for that rating, this is just like all the guys complaining about their RX-8 not competing maxed, that was obvious they were at the bottom of the rating of the lobby, tunei t down at it would have been fine. Also boost is there because people pay the money, ive never spent a cent on this game and have well over 100 gems so don't complain, if you do well in TW you would get diamonds and if you don't waste them on stupid stuff you would have plenty to boost, if your complaining about boost just don't pink its pretty simple stuff. don't whine about the game because your getting outskilled and beat and then blame it on boost. That's also like saying the guy with the most money in his latemodel at a dirt track shouldn't be allowed to win every week because he spent more money then everybody else, no that's just not fair to those who do spend the money to compete
  • Options
    Amen to that
  • Options
    =!Crossbonez!==!Crossbonez!= Registered Users 14 Posts
    I agree make turf wars about skills remove boost from turf wars
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    though i doubt we will ever remove boosts from turf wars a "no boost" leg of Turf Wars does tickle my fancy.
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I agree no boost for turf wars and the repair time on cars is redickulous up to 22 hours wtf !'
  • Options
    POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    I can't pink coz my connection is so shabby, also shy I don't make purchases either. Leave boost in regular tracks but remove from turf wars
  • Options
    POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    I gather that boost is your bread and butter, but if left available for TW, you might risk non boosters not participating any longer due to disadvantage. Please give everyone a fighting chance, it would make the game even more popular and RR would benefit in the long run....
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    we are working on a way of leveling the field
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    O think TW races should not have all classes lumped together where you have stellas and hondas in the same room IE superchargers only or turbos only better like class a only or class d
  • Options
    If you have a honda and a Stella in the same room it's because they are in the same range of rating for that room not matter if it's turbo or supercharger.
  • Options
    razoorrazoor Registered Users 101 Posts
    The game realistically will never do away with boost in turf wars because they have to make money or there is no game. These games don't design or improve themselves. I understand some people can't buy gems, but they can still put up a very respectful number of points. I personally boost most turf races I run, but you will very seldom see me challenge people to pink, if they challenge me to pink I may or may not accept
  • Options
    Dragon883Dragon883 Registered Users 36 Posts
    Ppl need to learn to save there money and boost gems until really need, like in TW. I refuse to spend real money on any game on my phone. It takes time and hard work but I build I race I save I have fun. I have 40 something gems that I am takeing into TW with me. I want to know y I raced a BMW in and event labeled classic and modern muscle. BMW IS NOT MUSCLE. IT'S YUPPY COMFORT
  • Options
    marcodravignemarcodravigne Registered Users 12 Posts
    Agree.......