Options

Demolisher

DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
For those that use this vehicle, how do you set it up? Include your skills profile if you dare.

This vehicle drives me nuts as I always end up in a one sided fight that I cannot win.
Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!

Comments

• Options
    ber_man37ber_man37 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Use mantis, I make them follow me around and shoot them with tier 4 missile while running away from them. Its a bit tedious but its effective. Just be carefull not to be cornered though.
  • Options
    ber_man37 wrote: »
    Use mantis, I make them follow me around and shoot them with tier 4 missile while running away from them. Its a bit tedious but its effective. Just be carefull not to be cornered though.

Ha ha, I've come across people doing that to me and sometimes I have a real slow vehicle like the dozer or big rig and the match gets sooo tedious they just wear me down.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts

Nice strategy Berman37,! This is the way to do it against a Demolisher.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Options
    Nice to know, never thought the mantis could stand up against the demolisher.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Nice to know, never thought the mantis could stand up against the demolisher.

Yes, but it is not easy and some maps are more conducive to Berman 37's strategy than others. The Ice and Airplane Maps in my opinion are best for this kind of a thing because you can do Ring-Around-the-Rosy with the demolisher so long as you maintain a decent speed ahead of it.

Would you agree Berman37?
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    This is my skills setup for demolisher, any comments?6D1E4312-58DD-4B20-8831-2B2B44A613F3-4313-00000273D329D06A_zpsba978b66.jpg
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Awesome Ddannen!!!! I'm glad to see you got the screen shot thing figured out. I love the option that we have to do that so we can share progress and other things. I hope the instructions I gave you were more confusing than need be. lol I just learned to do it myself, so not real experienced at it myself. So glad you got it though.;)
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • Options
    Thanks Shanny! You are a gem!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    shannyshanny Registered Users 440 Posts
    Just don't try to spend me on an upgrade!!!! lol;)

Thanks Ddannen....I appreciate your kindness!!!
    A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. :cool:
  • Options
    ber_man37ber_man37 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Mike wrote: »
    Yes, but it is not easy and some maps are more conducive to Berman 37's strategy than others. The Ice and Airplane Maps in my opinion are best for this kind of a thing because you can do Ring-Around-the-Rosy with the demolisher so long as you maintain a decent speed ahead of it.

Would you agree Berman37?

I agree. It takes a lot of practice to perfect my hit and run strategy on different maps but then again speed kills, right.

I also have a T4 repair to my mantis so that it can self repair by 20 hp/sec during my run, and i usually beat most of my adversaries in getting the powershots both for repair and damage. Again, speed kills. :cool:
  • Options
    Funny, last night I encountered a mantis and ghost when I had the dozer and teammate had the pummeler, dang these two ran circles around us. I felt like a camper without insect spray, they just kept after us and were really good teammates as well. They would intentionally draw one vehicle off and then use speed to help the other destroy the lone vehicle while my teammate or I tried in vain to catch up, it wasn't pretty lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    This is my skills setup for demolisher, any comments?6D1E4312-58DD-4B20-8831-2B2B44A613F3-4313-00000273D329D06A_zpsba978b66.jpg
    Mike was looking for your input, what am I missing?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Mike was looking for your input, what am I missing?

Ddannen, I like your setup for the Demolisher. My setup is slightly different than yours but I noticed you do not use the "Second Wind" skill. I use it and I can't tell you how many times that skill alone has gotten me out of danger. I think it is definitely worthwhile to have especially when you are being pursued by your opponent and hanging on to dear life. I see that you pretty much maxed out on the Armor line. I do not use that line at all anymore and instead I max out on everything related to the firepower line. I feel that given the ability to add extra armor (i.e Tier 4 1000 armor) to my vehicle that it is not necessary to use my skill points for it anymore. I feel that since this is shoot you up and blow you up game that I would rather be stronger offensively than defensively and bet my chances that I will blow my opponent up before gets me. :)
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    I agree. It takes a lot of practice to perfect my hit and run strategy on different maps but then again speed kills, right.

I also have a T4 repair to my mantis so that it can self repair by 20 hp/sec during my run, and i usually beat most of my adversaries in getting the powershots both for repair and damage. Again, speed kills. :cool:

Indeed, you are right. Speed kills and if you have perfected the hit and run strategy then you are a lethal player. :)
    Yea, I do the same as you with my Mantis by using the Tier 4 repair. So long as you are running around and not getting hit often, then this is a good way to use that time by powering up.

The only thing that can really hamper the hit and run strategy with the Mantis is if you are intercepted with a consumable rocket. Then you may get jolted around bit and lose control.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]