New INDESTRUCTIBLE vehicle...lets hear them?

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
I wanted to hear from you (the fans) about what kind of new vehicle ideas you would want to see in this upcoming 3.0 Update or perhaps even in a future INDESTRUCTIBLE 2 game if they decided to ever make one (hopefully). What would be on your wish list? What type of weapon(s) would you have, active and passive abilities, type of melee, etc??

For me, I think a police car would be a wonderful addition to the game. It would have the active abilty to turn its sirens on alerting other players of possible arrest. What would happen is all enemy fire and attack abilities would be arrested and would be incapacitated for a period of 8 seconds allowing you and your teammate the leisure of blowing up your enemies at will for 8 seconds without getting firing damage from them, he he! (However, the enemy would still have use of their passive ability and the ability to cause damage to you by crashing into you with melee damage). The passive ability would be a slowing effect of your enemies, similar to an arrest again. As you got to within 50 meters of your enemies, they would all slow down slightly allowing you and your teammate to cath up to them and fire at them with your regular speed. Gee, this passive ability idea reminds me of how we all slow down in real life when we see a police car driving our way.

I think this police car would be a real headache for those Mantis and Ghost lovers. :cool:
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER

Comments

• DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Light duty personnel carrier, moderate speed for its passive ability I have decided on a mortar. When placed it will shoot a half dozen mortar rounds in the direction of the enemy base 50 meter max reach. Give it a damage of 100 and a cool down similar to Pummeler. The idea works well in capture the flag or recover the charge.

Just imagine if you will, on the rebound to recover the charge, as you charge enemy territory you drop your mortar and head into battle. Death rains from above (especially useful against the pesky demolisher when you teammate is non existent) and you go in guns blazing and try to recover the charge. Yes it has something of an unfair advantage yet it is dependent on enemy base location so it has its weakness.

Just as in life nothing is perfect.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Light duty personnel carrier, moderate speed for its passive ability I have decided on a mortar. When placed it will shoot a half dozen mortar rounds in the direction of the enemy base 50 meter max reach. Give it a damage of 100 and a cool down similar to Pummeler. The idea works well in capture the flag or recover the charge.

Just imagine if you will, on the rebound to recover the charge, as you charge enemy territory you drop your mortar and head into battle. Death rains from above (especially useful against the pesky demolisher when you teammate is non existent) and you go in guns blazing and try to recover the charge. Yes it has something of an unfair advantage yet it is dependent on enemy base location so it has its weakness.

Just as in life nothing is perfect.

I like your mortar idea. Sounds very cool. I would make the damage on each of those shells around 200 each and throw in the twist of allowing it to even damage your teammate because, as you know, mortars are not the most accurate weapons. By the way, with this update coming, I sure hope Glu makes the weapons explosions more visually real and real sounding. That would be so cool!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Wow what a twist, friendly fire just like real life. The mortar fire of 100 is for each of the six shells but I could go for 200 for each shell.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Wow what a twist, friendly fire just like real life. The mortar fire of 100 is for each of the six shells but I could go for 200 for each shell.

Yeah, I thought that if you are going to use a small WMD in this game like this you better be accurate with it so that you don't inflict damage on your teammates. To expand on your mortar idea, I am quoting a famous player in Indestructible named "Grim Future." He was the founder of IndestructibleClans and has been playing this game since day like myself. He says on Nov. 16th, 2012 on his site about a mortar idea saying among many cool ideas: "The mortar itself [would have] a three second timer [after firing it] and therefore can be bounced off walls. It can even be "kicked around" by other vehicles like a friendly Punisher mine. However, tapping the center of the firing control [button] will detonat e all mortar shells on the screen. The morar's impact force is greater than the rocket. It lifts small cars up off the ground entirely/ It also slightly picks up larger whehicles (Demolisher, Pummeler, Big Rig). It disrupts the movement of the Thermadon. It does not effect the dozer."

Our ideas on this, in conjunction with Grim Future's, would be very cool if Glu did something like this.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Hey Glamazon, Shanny or anyone else at Glu...what do you think of these ideas by Ddannen and I? Curious to hear your thoughts about this thread... :D
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    I hope that glu looks at these posts, we the game players are a great resource. Yeah they can churn out games yet I would hope that classics are keepers and need to be tweaked from time to time thereby garnering a new legion of players.

I can tell you've played this game for quite a while lol. I wish I had found it sooner (january 4 me) when it was a little more wide open regarding upgrades and such. I imagine early on this games had thousands of players not the hundreds that I see now.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ok I have something original, the Tunneler is similar to ghost except he leaves no dust trail because he is below ground and cannot not seen by "any" enemy forces until he pokes his head above ground. He can use all the armament available to other vehicles and his passive weapon is napalm. He can use this napalm anywhere he is and it close quarters only, not like a flamethrower because it cannot be directed more like a water ballon hitting the ground. Fire engulfs a small area for a short duration of time. Just like real napalm if you choose to drive through this or stay engulfed you will pay dearly. The Tunneler can decide if armor is better or maybe to extend the burn affects just like the laser. The affects initially would be the same as pummeler yet they have additional killing power as long as people don't move by getting out of the fire.

We don't want to give him too much power so there lies the caveat.......when he takes to the ground he will leave a hole large enough for mantis or punisher to follow and possible trip up the tunneler.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    I have to say, I'm always impressed by you guys and your imaginations! I'll surely be passing this thread along to the developers. :)
    I hope that glu looks at these posts, we the game players are a great resource. Yeah they can churn out games yet I would hope that classics are keepers and need to be tweaked from time to time thereby garnering a new legion of players.

I can tell you've played this game for quite a while lol. I wish I had found it sooner (january 4 me) when it was a little more wide open regarding upgrades and such. I imagine early on this games had thousands of players not the hundreds that I see now.

It appears they do Ddannen judging by the fact that Glamazon gave us both a nice compliment today. I think that Glu realizes they have a winner here in INDESTRUCTIBLE and will do everything possible to improve it even more and listen to the ideas/requests of its fans. I have read many of the reviews coming in from many players about this game and one of the main themes I keep on reading is they say this is one of the best games they have ever played. When you start to hear this from many players, you realize that this it is not just a whimsical thing they are saying. This game is the real deal and has much much more potential to fulfill.

Yes, I have been playing this game since inception and just as wine improves with age so has this game. When I first started playing there were not that many players. I used to remember waiting for longer periods of time to play then than I do now. I think this game's frequency peaked in its players a few weeks after you came on board when the 2.0 Update came out on Dec. 12th, 2012 for IOS and Dec.14th, 2012 for Android, respectively. I do not know how many total players are playing now. I would imagine Glu knows the answer to that but there is a constant flow of competition, thankfully. Some of the primordial players I used to play with, who by the way, were excellent, I have sadly not seen in awhile. I am hoping that when they see that little Update sign on their device for INDESTRUCTIBLE appear, they and many many others will be returning to play. If that happens, then you will see the full force of INDESTRUCTIBLE comptetiton go into effect. Of course, that all depends on how good this Update will be, no pressure Glu. :cool:
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Ok I have something original, the Tunneler is similar to ghost except he leaves no dust trail because he is below ground and cannot not seen by "any" enemy forces until he pokes his head above ground. He can use all the armament available to other vehicles and his passive weapon is napalm. He can use this napalm anywhere he is and it close quarters only, not like a flamethrower because it cannot be directed more like a water ballon hitting the ground. Fire engulfs a small area for a short duration of time. Just like real napalm if you choose to drive through this or stay engulfed you will pay dearly. The Tunneler can decide if armor is better or maybe to extend the burn affects just like the laser. The affects initially would be the same as pummeler yet they have additional killing power as long as people don't move by getting out of the fire.

We don't want to give him too much power so there lies the caveat.......when he takes to the ground he will leave a hole large enough for mantis or punisher to follow and possible trip up the tunneler.

Nice stuff. I like this idea and think it very original. To add to what you wrote, I would say that the holes this Tunneler makes become permanent througout the duration of the match. The more holes, the more obstacles for everyone else, including your teammate. Yup, I said it. Even your teammate. My question to you is...does this Tunneler also have to deal with the holes in the ground or will it have special tires or tank-like tracks that help to maneuver through it more easily? I would say that the Dozer should be the only vehicle impervious to the Tunneler's holes due to its sheer size. Yes, this would also be a big headache for the cars and it would make this game ALWAYS NEW because of the simple fact that the Tunnler player could choose to make the holes wherever he/she wants and as often in each match. In affect, it would be a vehicle that could create more infinite obstacles in every map.

Regarding Napalm, now that is what I am talking about, nice idea here too! My question is what mechanism would be used to fire it? I was not clear about that. I thought Napalm was specifically used as bombs dropped by airplanes to raze large areas, i.e. like they did in the jungles of Vietnam! That is according to what my father used to tell me. He was a soldier there in Da Nang.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Glamazon wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm always impressed by you guys and your imaginations! I'll surely be passing this thread along to the developers. :)

Very cool. Thanks and glad to hear you will do that. Ddannen and I have a special place in our heart for this game as you can see. :D

By the way, if your developers ever want to use us as consultants for ideas for this game, I, and I am sure Ddannen, would be on board for that. Lol! :rolleyes:
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Mike wrote: »
    Very cool. Thanks and glad to hear you will do that. Ddannen and I have a special place in our heart for this game as you can see. :D

By the way, if your developers ever want to use us as consultants for ideas for this game, I, and I am sure Ddannen, would be on board for that. Lol! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah.....let me at that programming! I think it would be so cool (yes I said cool) to work with developers on indestructible. YEAH BABY!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Nice stuff. I like this idea and think it very original. To add to what you wrote, I would say that the holes this Tunneler makes become permanent througout the duration of the match. The more holes, the more obstacles for everyone else, including your teammate. Yup, I said it. Even your teammate. My question to you is...does this Tunneler also have to deal with the holes in the ground or will it have special tires or tank-like tracks that help to maneuver through it more easily? I would say that the Dozer should be the only vehicle impervious to the Tunneler's holes due to its sheer size. Yes, this would also be a big headache for the cars and it would make this game ALWAYS NEW because of the simple fact that the Tunnler player could choose to make the holes wherever he/she wants and as often in each match. In affect, it would be a vehicle that could create more infinite obstacles in every map.

Regarding Napalm, now that is what I am talking about, nice idea here too! My question is what mechanism would be used to fire it? I was not clear about that. I thought Napalm was specifically used as bombs dropped by airplanes to raze large areas, i.e. like they did in the jungles of Vietnam! That is according to what my father used to tell me. He was a soldier there in Da Nang.

We can't have planes so the napalm needs to be something like a oil spill right from the vehicle. Sort of like an up chuck of pyrotechnics.

The Tunneler has the traction needed to overcome any holes he/she might encounter yet speed is the enemy of this vehicle and the turning radius is comparable to the dozer. Unless you decided to tweak the Tunneler for specific tasks, speed, armor, acceleration etc.

I can appreciate other larger vehicles being mired by the holes at entry only from that point the path is only visible to the Tunneler. If a mantis or punisher want to venture they are running blind. Seeing as you refer to Vietnam, think tunnel clearers which were soldiers that went blind into most of these tunnels in an attempt to clear the enemy. The difference is mechanization.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Why didn't we think of this sooner, the "Personnel Carrier". A light duty vehicle with better than modest speed after all it has to respond to the needs of the battle. The ability of this specialized vehicle is manpower per say. When needed just like on other vehicles you access the ability ....... of the personnel.

You are charging your opponents base or battle taking place and you are firing your main weapons and a half dozen GIs pile out and fire in the direction of the opponent. Damage can be critical depending on circumstances as each soldier is not firing a puny m-16,they have shouldered an RPG affectionately referred to as a rocket-propelled grenade. :( OMgosh consider the pandemonium caused by this dude/dudette yet it's drawback :mad: is the light armor.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Why didn't we think of this sooner, the "Personnel Carrier". A light duty vehicle with better than modest speed after all it has to respond to the needs of the battle. The ability of this specialized vehicle is manpower per say. When needed just like on other vehicles you access the ability ....... of the personnel.

You are charging your opponents base or battle taking place and you are firing your main weapons and a half dozen GIs pile out and fire in the direction of the opponent. Damage can be critical depending on circumstances as each soldier is not firing a puny m-16,they have shouldered an RPG affectionately referred to as a rocket-propelled grenade. :( OMgosh consider the pandemonium caused by this dude/dudette yet it's drawback :mad: is the light armor.

Okay, I can see this Personal Carrier in action but I like your Tunneler idea a little more. Lets see...so if I am understanding you correctly, when you press your active ability button, several GIs pile out and start unleashing a barrage of RPG at you? That could be a cool addtion especailly the pandemonium that envelopes. I would be curious to see how the Glu develpoers could make that a into reality given that the game so far has stricly had a vehicle presence until now. I would have to say, however, that if I was in my Dozer or Big Rig I might be tempted to just run over these soldiers firing at me...I'm just saying. :o
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    We can't have planes so the napalm needs to be something like a oil spill right from the vehicle. Sort of like an up chuck of pyrotechnics.

The Tunneler has the traction needed to overcome any holes he/she might encounter yet speed is the enemy of this vehicle and the turning radius is comparable to the dozer. Unless you decided to tweak the Tunneler for specific tasks, speed, armor, acceleration etc.

I can appreciate other larger vehicles being mired by the holes at entry only from that point the path is only visible to the Tunneler. If a mantis or punisher want to venture they are running blind. Seeing as you refer to Vietnam, think tunnel clearers which were soldiers that went blind into most of these tunnels in an attempt to clear the enemy. The difference is mechanization.

Yeah, I think perhaps a hidden cannon that would only become visible for a moment upon pressing the Active Ability would shoot up in the air (about 200 meters) a napalm shell directly over the Tunneler and then exploding in a loud roar and raining down fire gel in umbrella-like trajectory, imagine a Roman Candle firework exploding. After firing the shell, this cannon would be discreetly tucked back into the Tunneler in a mechanized way. How does that sound to you?

Would the holes be so large that once a Mantis or Ghost fell in they were trapped permanently or would they, with enough effort, be able to extricate themselves? Now that I think about it, I think the Punisher being a four-wheel-drive Jeep should not have any trouble getting out of the hole, right?

Also, I think the Napalm shell would cause enemies to suffer a 400 unit damage similar to the Pummeler just from the explosion itself and then an addtional 15 unit burn damge would be sustained for another 10 seconds afterwards similar to the Punisher's mine. Since the Tunneler is your idea, you have the final say, what do yout think?
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Okay, I can see this Personal Carrier in actiont but I like your Tunneler idea a little more. Lets see...so if I am understanding you correctly, when you press your active ability button, several GIs pile out and start unleasing a barrage of RPG at you? That could be a cool addtion especailly the pandemonium that envelopes. I would be curious to see how the Glu develpoers could make that a into reality given that the game so far has stricly had a vehicle presence until now. I would have to say, however, that if I was in my Dozer or Big Rig I might be tempted to just run over these soldiers firing at me...I'm just saying. :o

You totally get it :) GIs are not indestructible and can be "disarmed" by the power of an enemies vehicle. Now if you in your dozer decides to take out one of my GIs the others will instinctually aim at you to defend the personnel carrier and GIs. There are so my instances where this scenario could dramatically change game play.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    You totally get it :) GIs are not indestructible and can be "disarmed" by the power of an enemies vehicle. Now if you in your dozer decides to take out one of my GIs the others will instinctually aim at you to defend the personnel carrier and GIs. There are so my instances where this scenario could dramatically change game play.

You definitely get an "A" for creativity on this one but I would still have to smoosh all your G.I. Joes with my Dozer or Big Rig. To me, they would be pesty little gnats that would need a squashing, hehe.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Ok in honor of the new map "Swampland" I dedicate a new vehicle the swamp boat a light duty vehicle that has no problems with the bogs and excels in the slip and slide yet just as in real life the swamp boat will slow down on dry sections of land and comes complete with normal weapons and its active ability can only be activated while in the bogs or where it can attain high speed. Similar to the punisher land mine the swamp boat drops explosive buoyies that can and will drift. The affect is awesome and will start to disable/damage an opponents vehicle to safely cross the water with out sinking as this active ability also slows you down as well as damages your vehicle.
    There are always caveats and this vehicle is light and is susceptible to being flipped if you can catch it.
    The swamp boat will work on all maps but works best when it encounters bogs, water, ice and snow.
    Y'all have a good time!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ok in honor of the new map "Swampland" I dedicate a new vehicle the swamp boat a light duty vehicle that has no problems with the bogs and excels in the slip and slide yet just as in real life the swamp boat will slow down on dry sections of land and comes complete with normal weapons and its active ability can only be activated while in the bogs or where it can attain high speed. Similar to the punisher land mine the swamp boat drops explosive buoyies that can and will drift. The affect is awesome and will start to disable/damage an opponents vehicle to safely cross the water with out sinking as this active ability also slows you down as well as damages your vehicle.
    There are always caveats and this vehicle is light and is susceptible to being flipped if you can catch it.
    The swamp boat will work on all maps but works best when it encounters bogs, water, ice and snow.
    Y'all have a good time!

Ddannen, get a hold of yourself. :p You are getting triggerhappy here with your ideas. At this rate Glu will never give us those consulting jobs if you splurge away all these great ideas. LOL!!! Right Glamazon??

Alright...now where was I... oh yes...the Swamp Boat which I will call "SW" for brevity. So in honor of the Swampland map, which I think has lots of potential, not to mention I am sure it would be a very colorful one, SW could be a viable future option for this game. With the ability to maneuver in swamp and land, ice or snow, it would have a significant advantage over the other vehicles. I like the explosive buoyies and how they would float around and continue moving in the water. But lets say you chose this vehicle and you did not get the Swampland map, I would imagine being that is very light and scraggy vehilce, it could easily be chewed up by the other heavy vehicles. But since the maps are random, and if you select this one and get this map, you will have a clear advantage.

How would the buoyies explosives option work if there was no water in the map you were playing? Would the Active abilty be unusable because that would annoying?

By the way, please don't tell me any aligators pop out of the SW if you collide into it, lol!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Ddannen, get a hold of yourself. :p You are getting triggerhappy here with your ideas. At this rate Glu will never give us those consulting jobs if you splurge away all these great ideas. LOL!!! Right Glamazon??

Alright...now where was I... oh yes...the Swamp Boat which I will call "SW" for brevity. So in honor of the Swampland map, which I think has lots of potential, not to mention I am sure it would be a very colorful one, SW could be a viable future option for this game. With the ability to maneuver in swamp and land, ice or snow, it would have a significant advantage over the other vehicles. I like the explosive buoyies and how they would float around and continue moving in the water. But lets say you chose this vehicle and you did not get the Swampland map, I would imagine being that is very light and scraggy vehilce, it could easily be chewed up by the other heavy vehicles. But since the maps are random, and if you select this one and get this map, you will have a clear advantage.

How would the buoyies explosives option work if there was no water in the map you were playing? Would the Active abilty be unusable because that would annoying?

By the way, please don't tell me any aligators pop out of the SW if you collide into it, lol!

Ok, the buoys float on water and potentially move, there is one map already that gives SW an advantage as it is surrounded by water and the SW flys on the water. On the ice those buoys will slide in the direction of the lay of the land or when the SW is drifting the corner lets loose of the buoy it would go flying in the direction of the slide, only coming to rest in a corner, go off the edge or help in destroying the hapless vehicle it hits. Remember the SW needs speed to deploy so maybe in the airfield this would be akin to jumping off the wing and dropping the buoy. No water no problem as it will roll in the direction of any slope same for drifting using that powerful fan to whip the tail in the direction you want to toss the buoy.

No alligators yet the inhabitants in the shanties would really cause you grief if you piss them off lol.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    This sounds good to me. Two new maps and three new vehicle suggestions (Police car, Tunneler, Swamp Boat). Okay, GLU what do we need to do to get these ideas rolled out??

GLU, can you hear the raucous? Your fans are salivating for more.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Actually, let me rephrase that last comment I made...

GLU, can you hear the raucous that only I and Ddannen are making? We are salivating for more. LOL. :rolleyes:
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Lol, sad but true yet there are those that read but do not respond we need to get them to be involved.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Lol, sad but true yet there are those that read but do not respond we need to get them to be involved.

Lol.
    I hear you and working on it. I have had some really good conversation as of late. As I wrote the other day with my list of the names of players I am speaking to lately, I have many more to add to that list today. See it for yourself.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]