Options

A quick suggestion

goandgoogoandgoo Registered Users 6 Posts
I think that when someone exits a match that requires a team (ctf, team death match etc.) or maybe any match at all, they should lose the rankings equivalent to losing a match (losing 3 points). I personally find it annoying when the other team double teams you when your partner leaves. Who else agrees with me on this?

Comments

• Options
    MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    goandgoo wrote: »
    I think that when someone exits a match that requires a team (ctf, team death match etc.) or maybe any match at all, they should lose the rankings equivalent to losing a match (losing 3 points). I personally find it annoying when the other team double teams you when your partner leaves. Who else agrees with me on this?

I have mixed feeling about this. At first glance, I would agree wth you that when this happens it is annoying and perhaps there should be some penalty for the other player. However, from my own experience, have been "thrown out" of a game in some cases, because I lost internet connection temporarily. When this happened, I am sure some of the other players assumed I was bailing out on them when I was losing when I really had no intention of doing so. SO what i am trying to say here is that there are some who definitely quit before the game is over and yes, they should be theoretically penalized. But how do you distinguish when a player quits or when his connection is honestly lost. I think that would be difficult to monitor. I don't think there should be a penalty for lost connection. You know what I mean?

If you have a suggestion that could be used to distinguish the voluntary quitters from the ones who honestly lose internet connection, I would be in full agreement with you to penalize the players who voluntarily quit.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    goandgoo wrote: »

Boy that is tough as the past few days I have been hammered in battles and my ranking has suffered significantly.

It is tough to play games when you are double teamed especially when the opposing team is just waiting on your spawn place and there is no joy to repetitive destruction and leaving is an option that I would consider under these circumstances.

That said I am going to take a stand in favor of losing some significant value if you leave a match even if it is caused by the network error message I get at least once or twice a day. There has to be a balance for players that really believe in the rankings system and this method will trim the numbers of players that "always" leave a match when the match is near completion and they are losing.

I can actually count on certain players to bail once I have destroyed them during the initial battle and this has got to suck for their teammates.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Boy that is tough as the past few days I have been hammered in battles and my ranking has suffered significantly.

It is tough to play games when you are double teamed especially when the opposing team is just waiting on your spawn place and there is no joy to repetitive destruction and leaving is an option that I would consider under these circumstances.

That said I am going to take a stand in favor of losing some significant value if you leave a match even if it is caused by the network error message I get at least once or twice a day. There has to be a balance for players that really believe in the rankings system and this method will trim the numbers of players that "always" leave a match when the match is near completion and they are losing.

I can actually count on certain players to bail once I have destroyed them during the initial battle and this has got to suck for their teammates.

I hear that. I would imagine that there are more players unfortunately bailing out when the going gets tough compared to the amount of players simply losing connection. Therefore, I concur with you and goandgoo and now favor a penalty for ALL players who leave a match, regardless of reason.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Now if we could only get glu to see what improvements we have made and continue to make on paper to their game and get them involved in the process. :confused:

Its a long process to get a companies attention and even then it's typically fleeting. :eek:
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Now if we could only get glu to see what improvements we have made and continue to make on paper to their game and get them involved in the process. :confused:

Its a long process to get a companies attention and even then it's typically fleeting. :eek:

Yea, I hope Glu is seeing the ideas and suggestions that we are making here, in addition to the feedback fans are giving in their reviews of this game. Glamazon has already said in the past that she would send some are stuff to the Uppers in Glu so that is a good sign, right? Hang in there Ddannen, it may take some time, but I am optimistic that at least some (maybe even many) of the ideas and suggestion we have made will come to fruition. I have been a big fan of Guns N' Roses so just think of their song, Patience, "Have a little patience, yea, yea" :o
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Mike maybe the back ground music for swampland could be welcome to the jungle, we got what you need (explosion, expletive, lol).
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Mike maybe the back ground music for swampland could be welcome to the jungle, we got what you need (explosion, expletive, lol).

Now were talking bro, I like, I like a lot! Lol! :o
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]