Tips to help you WIN, WIN, WIN!

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
The purpose of this thread is to provide the INDESTRUCTIBLE community a friendly place where useful tips and tricks can be discussed to help all of us WIN, WIN, WIN!! All are welcomed to share their tips and what helps you to win.

Hope this helps you become INDESTRUCTIBLE! :)
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER
Prev134

Comments

• MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Tip #1 of more to come....

Have you ever assisted in an “INDESTRUCTIBLE suicide” with one of your opponents? Yes, I know it sounds a little sinister but hey, this is just a game, right? :) Well, if you haven't tried this already, the Big Rig’s Active Ability is quite capable of "helping" your opponent with this feat. It is a skill that can help you to win, not to mention keep your opponents away at a safe distance like bug repellant.

1) First, take note in every map where the all the ledges are (i.e. where cars can fall over cliffs).
    2) Position your Big Rig so that your opponent is between you and the ledge. (Note: this part takes practice as it requires you to place your Big Rig in the right place at the right time in order for it to be effective.
    3) Press the Active Ability to blow your opponent off the map, yielding in a “suicide” for your opponent and a ONE point increase for your team.

While this tip works against all vehicles, including the Dozer, it works best against the Thermodon as it literally flies the Thermodon off your screen...quite enjoyable to watch if you asked me. Also, this tip works especially well against the Mantis, Retro and Ghost. Larger and heavier vehicles are little more difficult as you have to position your Big Rig closer to your opponent and closer to a ledge. For the Island map which does not have any ledges you can still do this trick when your opponent is near the ocean, sometimes yielding them a "suicide". At the very least if it does not send them into "suicide" it will definitely get your opponent in some very deep water, lol.

Once you have mastered this skill, consider your Big Rig’s active ability as an instant kill, no matter how much firepower, armor or speed your opponent has. After playing this game for awhile I would have to say, this may be the single best Active Ability this game has to offer. Give this one a try if you haven't already.

FRENZY
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Going to have to try that with BR in the open map, have heard it can be done. I agree though this is a practiced skill and when you are new to the game the results may frustrate you.

I also like using the pummeler in recover the charge not quite returning the charge but waiting out the opponents while shooting it out, then using its active ability to place the death knell and then return the charge. This quite often is a game winner especially for those times when your partner is weak or non existent.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Going to have to try that with BR in the open map, have heard it can be done. I agree though this is a practiced skill and when you are new to the game the results may frustrate you.

I also like using the pummeler in recover the charge not quite returning the charge but waiting out the opponents while shooting it out, then using its active ability to place the death knell and then return the charge. This quite often is a game winner especially for those times when your partner is weak or non existent.

Yes, it is a practiced skill and at first you may "waste" some tries using it. But as you become more proficient with it and you time it perfectly, it will send your opponents flying off the map. I think your strategy for the return the charge with the Pummeler is right on and its active ability is definitely the death knell to finish off your opponents.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Tip #2

The Punisher is small but definitely packs a punch if it is equipped properly and its active ability is used the right way. I would recommend to any newbies using the Punisher to make sure they stick with only using the machine gun and not be tempted to mount a different one. The Punisher was built for the machine gun and not really for other weapons. There are two reasons why. First, the Punisher's passive ability increases the damage output of the machine gun automatically by 15% but not for other weapons. So if you try using a laser or rocket you will lose out out on the Punisher's passive ability. To me that would be a waste of the Punisher's passive ability. Second, the Punisher only has an ENERGY of 26 so if you use some of the other heavy duty weapons it will deplete your energy quickly and you will find yourself waiting to power up to fire your weapon again which is annoying and often leads to you dying quickly.

The other thing I want to talk about is when it is the best time to use the Punisher's active ability to help you win!

1) When your armor is completely full place the mine inside the "green armor restore" boxes so that when opponents come to power up they will not see the mine underneath and automatically lose 250 armor with 5 seconds of additional burning. It is pretty sneaky but works well. Or leave mines in the places where you anticipate the"green armor restore" boxes or the red firepower boxes are about to rejuvenate for the same effect.
    2) Use the mine when your opponent is close to you and you can clearly see the trajectory of your opponent following you or coming towards you. Then drop a mine a second or two before they get to you and they will hit the mine instantly and start burning. This takes a little time to master but once you do this it is almost a guarantee they will be hitting your mine. They won't even know what hit them.
    3) Use the mine in places where the driving areas on the maps are narrow to make it more likely that your opponents will go over them, or a the very least, keep them off balance. One example would be the pathways between the airplane and the canyon in the Airplane map. Place the mine at the beginning of the the center of those pathways to make things to make maneuvering more complicated for your opponents.

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THIS VEHICLE. IT IS HARD TO HIT AND IT CAN MESS STUFF UP! :)
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Mike I agree with the punisher statement you make, case in point I battled a punisher and shooter with my pummeler and let me just say these two ran me ragged. The punisher would always mine the flag location which really made my job that much harder. Together with the fire power of shooter this was indeed a deadly combo.

I was not aware of the passive ability only worked with MGs good to know.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Mike I agree with the punisher statement you make, case in point I battled a punisher and shooter with my pummeler and let me just say these two ran me ragged. The punisher would always mine the flag location which really made my job that much harder. Together with the fire power of shooter this was indeed a deadly combo.

I was not aware of the passive ability only worked with MGs good to know.

Yea, the Punisher and Shooter combination can be a #%&$%$ to go up against! Yes, the Punisher passive ability says it works with kinetic weapons, i.e.machine guns, but has no mention of any other weapons so I am surmising that based on its description.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Changed my shooter to MG, what a difference almost night and day. Missiles are nice but the MG was flat out fun, even pushed a demolisher off the cliff with kinetic rounds, truly enjoyable. (Sorry "Vendetta" :-)).
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Changed my shooter to MG, what a difference almost night and day. Missiles are nice but the MG was flat out fun, even pushed a demolisher off the cliff with kinetic rounds, truly enjoyable. (Sorry "Vendetta" :-)).

I agree, its always fun to knock a Demolisher of the cliff with your kinetic rounds. :) It seems like the MG for the Shooter has a little more kick to it then some of the other vehicles' MGs, with the exception of the Big Rig MG. That one definitely has some kickback to it like the Shooter.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    This for every ambulance chaser in the group of which I am one. Chasing a person down can be the downfall of a modestly good player not achieving great status. I cannot tell you how many times I have lost because I get caught up in the chase and loose track of my status until it is too late. In the back of my mind I am saying, just one more missile will do the trick yet I am failing to reach the other vehicle as they speed away blasting me as I run into whatever fire power they are using. I struggle with this attribute and I hope that one day I will become more technical in my abilities.

Kudos to "Scar" today for exhibiting those skills while playing capture the flag, great game!
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Tip #3

There are not too many places in this game where you can safely hang out while the fighting rages on. But one place in particular, that should be used to charge up is on the Island map, specifically the plateau area near where the lava spews forth. When I am fighting a team death match or death match, I will drive up to this area to recharge my armor when I have a T4 wrench or when I am using my Ghost because of its passive ability to charge up naturally. Now if you are in a close team death match, I would not use this tactic to ditch your teammate but if you are close to dying this may be a good place to avoid being killed, losing the game, and at the same time, charging up so that you can re-engage the battle when the time is right.

I also use this plateau as a high ground to safely fire rockets at my opponents who are below. The added benefit is that you can shoot them while they can't really shoot you. I say "can't really" because if they have rockets they can sometimes hit you even when you are up there if you are at the edge of the plateau. Make sure you are positioned slightly back so that you can fire rockets at them while they can't hit you.

I do not think the flamethrower, laser or machine gun be used in this way on the plateau because they fire in straight lines. The rockets, however, can do this because they can fly from high to low ground or vice versa.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Mike wrote: »
    Tip #3

There are not too many places in this game where you can safely hang out while the fighting rages on. But one place in particular, that should be used to charge up is on the Island map, specifically the plateau area near where the lava spews forth.

I do not think the flamethrower, laser or machine gun be used in this way on the plateau because they fire in straight lines. The rockets, however, can do this because they can fly from high to low ground or vice versa.

Found out quite by accident, getting killed that the flamethrower will penetrate the ground if you are waiting on a charge. The flamethrower has the ability to go through ground and walls so be careful how close to the edge you are, liable to get your tail feathers burned.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Found out quite by accident, getting killed that the flamethrower will penetrate the ground if you are waiting on a charge. The flamethrower has the ability to go through ground and walls so be careful how close to the edge you are, liable to get your tail feathers burned.

Really, I was not aware of that. That is good to know. Thanks.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Brings a new meaning to its a dry heat (Arizona insider joke)
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    Is the flamethrower really worth getting?
    IMG%5D
    Is the flamethrower really worth getting?

This is my personal opinion, the flamethrower is awesome provided you are playing a game that makes your opponent a target like recover the charge or capture the flag. You need to be in close proximity to inflict damage but that damage is rather significant. You can chase someone down yet the flamethrower just like a real flame is deflected by the wind and you have to be even closer, yet if running away the flame is longer extended from the rear of your car.
    The Ravager has the ability to stall your opponent so you can give them the heat yet the Ravager is an easy target so it's a two edge sword. This is the reason that the skills you choose play such an important part of playing the game.
    bottom line, the flamethrower is a lot of fun to use but I would opt for T3-4 rockets or T3-4 machine gun first and then go for the fancy stuff.

Hope that answers your question.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    This is my personal opinion, the flamethrower is awesome provided you are playing a game that makes your opponent a target like recover the charge or capture the flag. You need to be in close proximity to inflict damage but that damage is rather significant. You can chase someone down yet the flamethrower just like a real flame is deflected by the wind and you have to be even closer, yet if running away the flame is longer extended from the rear of your car.
    The Ravager has the ability to stall your opponent so you can give them the heat yet the Ravager is an easy target so it's a two edge sword. This is the reason that the skills you choose play such an important part of playing the game.
    bottom line, the flamethrower is a lot of fun to use but I would opt for T3-4 rockets or T3-4 machine gun first and then go for the fancy stuff.

Thanks :) how do you think the bulldozer car and the flame thrower would go together? Just ur opinion on both of them since I do believe they are the best in game from their stats
    IMG%5D
    Thanks :) how do you think the bulldozer car and the flame thrower would go together? Just ur opinion on both of them since I do believe they are the best in game from their stats
    Problem with bulldozer is speed and maneuverability. If you are pitted against a few mantis with rockets they will run you ragged hitting you from a distance where you cannot inflict damage. Flamethrower will not bounce vehicles as rockets, lasers and bullets so fast cars can literally run circles around you. Believe me when I say this can be very demoralizing lol. Best case for the BD with FT is the downed aircraft field, I believe it to be the shortest distance between bases. The BD can make it to the other base before a charge is recovered provided there isn't any play in time meaning you are not destroyed at the opponents base giving them an advantage to recover before you are able to return.
    if you have a teammate that is at least adequate (can hold their own for a few moments while you bear down) the BD is great.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Problem with bulldozer is speed and maneuverability. If you are pitted against a few mantis with rockets they will run you ragged hitting you from a distance where you cannot inflict damage. Flamethrower will not bounce vehicles as rockets, lasers and bullets so fast cars can literally run circles around you. Believe me when I say this can be very demoralizing lol. Best case for the BD with FT is the downed aircraft field, I believe it to be the shortest distance between bases. The BD can make it to the other base before a charge is recovered provided there isn't any play in time meaning you are not destroyed at the opponents base giving them an advantage to recover before you are able to return.
    if you have a teammate that is at least adequate (can hold their own for a few moments while you bear down) the BD is great.

How about if we use the,I believe it is, the tier 4 item that boosts speed? Making the bulldozer faster? Would it be better that way
    IMG%5D
    How about if we use the,I believe it is, the tier 4 item that boosts speed? Making the bulldozer faster? Would it be better that way
    For every choice in component you have to forego on another.

Best for me is T4 melee, T4 wrench, T4 window, T4 speed with the FT with high temp consumables giving you 137 out of the available 160 capacity. You still lack take off speed and top speed, to get those you would need to replace wrench and window with T4 intake and T3 speed.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    For every choice in component you have to forego on another.

Best for me is T4 melee, T4 wrench, T4 window, T4 speed with the FT with high temp consumables giving you 137 out of the available 160 capacity. You still lack take off speed and top speed, to get those you would need to replace wrench and window with T4 intake and T3 speed.

Thank you very much I will try out some combinations like that and mix and match them to see what works best . I like using speed because it makes me go faster (:
    IMG%5D
  • MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    A couple of other tips that are effective but not utilized by many people (for "Capture the Flag"):

- getting the flag is the most important objective, but if you have the flag and are close to the health or 2X power-ups, GET THEM, even if you don't really need them. Of course, if you have full health, you can't get the health power-up, but even if you are almost at full health, get it. Aside from the obvious health benefit, the bottom line is, if you get these power-ups, your opponents cannot get them. It's an advantage for you by depriving your opponents on these benefits.

- If your teammate has the flag and is getting low on health, shadow him. Remember, the flag is the most important object in the game. By shadowing your teammate, if and when your teammate gets killed, you will be in line to pick up the flag. Anyway, while you're shadowing him, you can do as much destruction to the other team as you can.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
    MantaRay, I agree with your thought on capture the flag and also use this when playing recover the charge. Running back to your base and using the 2x powerup gives you a good chance when the opponents rush to steal the charge back. The 2x will no longer be valid for you to use but your teammates also won't be able to use it against you.

I played recover the charge the other day and got surprised by a tactic for a big rig. My team had lost the charge and got destroyed in the process the opponents were both slow and we were fast. When we materialized the big rig stayed behind and used its passive ability when we reappeared. This affectingly wiped out our speed advantage me we lost the match on this tactic.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    MantaRay, I agree with your thought on capture the flag and also use this when playing recover the charge. Running back to your base and using the 2x powerup gives you a good chance when the opponents rush to steal the charge back. The 2x will no longer be valid for you to use but your teammates also won't be able to use it against you.

I played recover the charge the other day and got surprised by a tactic for a big rig. My team had lost the charge and got destroyed in the process the opponents were both slow and we were fast. When we materialized the big rig stayed behind and used its passive ability when we reappeared. This affectingly wiped out our speed advantage me we lost the match on this tactic.

I love playing capture the flag . What is your favorite game mode amd what is your strategy in it if you want to tell :D
    IMG%5D
    I love playing capture the flag . What is your favorite game mode amd what is your strategy in it if you want to tell :D

I really like the team death match the most but recover the charge is also very enjoyable. I like the fact that there is an 8 second count before it is considered recovered so it gives you or your opponent a last second chance to take it from them. This creates, an offense and defense approach to this game, similar to capture the flag. If you are a large vehicle like the big rig or dozer then that is a great vehicle for defending the charge for obvious reasons. If you are fast and a small target like a Mantis or Ghost then you have a good offense approach for taking the charge and winning the game. Therefore, depending on which vehicle I have and my teammate has will often dictate which job each of us has. Fortunately, I find that my teammates often know which "job" they have depending on what vehicle they choose so it works out for good team playing.

By the way, if you have not tried this already, you may want to try the Ghost with the flamethrower. That is a fun and nasty combination as you get close to your opponents using your cloaking ability and then surprise you spray them with fire and then like a hit and run you jet out and let them fry for a little then come back and do it again until they are bbq. :)
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    MantaRay wrote: »
    A couple of other tips that are effective but not utilized by many people (for "Capture the Flag"):

- getting the flag is the most important objective, but if you have the flag and are close to the health or 2X power-ups, GET THEM, even if you don't really need them. Of course, if you have full health, you can't get the health power-up, but even if you are almost at full health, get it. Aside from the obvious health benefit, the bottom line is, if you get these power-ups, your opponents cannot get them. It's an advantage for you by depriving your opponents on these benefits.

- If your teammate has the flag and is getting low on health, shadow him. Remember, the flag is the most important object in the game. By shadowing your teammate, if and when your teammate gets killed, you will be in line to pick up the flag. Anyway, while you're shadowing him, you can do as much destruction to the other team as you can.

Manta Ray, these are good tips and it seems you give a lot of thought to your strategy. :) Nice!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]

I agree with you Ddannen. The flamethrower is an awesome and fun weapon to use which can inflict some serious damage in a short time and the catch is that you need to get close to use it. You mentioned the Ravager and I agree that it is a two edge sword because it can stall vehicles but can easily be hit too.

Kush Snipes brought up the use of the flamethrower and the dozer and I think I would have to avoid this combination because it requires that you get close to your opponent. Given that the dozer is initially slow without any additions of speed and the fact that is a large target likely puts it in a vulnerable position. I think this combination would probably bring more damage upon the dozer than it could inflict on its opponent because the opponent will be hitting it while it is chasing him/her around..
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    Tip #4

How to drive a Dozer nuts by using your Ghost.

Usually, when I use my Ghost I use either T4 missles or the flamethrower which is a bad a$$ combo. Some players reading this may know this already but you can use your Ghost to drive easily right under a Dozer. To do this I recommend going top speed charging directly at the Dozer with your cloaking device on for obvious reasons. What happens usually is that the Dozer will spin right off of you as if it landed on an ice patch. Pretty funny to watch especially when they don't ever see you coming. More importantly, it can cause collision damage to them and knock the Dozer off balance. This is especially important when the battle is intense and every last hit counts.

Also, try riding along the Dozer, parallel to it, with your cloaking device on, quickly steer your Ghost right under the undercarriage of the Dozer. Doing this will also sometimes make it spin out of control. I use this move often when I feel like the Dozer is trying to corner me with a blade attack. By driving underneath it, it allows for a quick getaway and works almost all the time. Beware, not to stay under the Dozer too long as it will crush you into the ground with its heavy weight and then you will die instantly. The key is to keep moving in order for this tip to be successful. Good luck! :cool:
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    Mike wrote: »
    Tip #4

How to drive a Dozer nuts by using your Ghost.

Usually, when I use my Ghost I use either T4 missles or the flamethrower which is a bad a$$ combo. Some players reading this may know this already but you can use your Ghost to drive easily right under a Dozer. To do this I recommend going top speed charging directly at the Dozer with your cloaking device on for obvious reasons. What happens usually is that the Dozer will spin right off of you as if it landed on an ice patch. Pretty funny to watch especially when they don't ever see you coming. More importantly, it can cause collision damage to them and knock the Dozer off balance. This is especially important when the battle is intense and every last hit counts.

Also, try riding along the Dozer, parallel to it, with your cloaking device on, quickly steer your Ghost right under the undercarriage of the Dozer. Doing this will also sometimes make it spin out of control. I use this move often when I feel like the Dozer is trying to corner me with a blade attack. By driving underneath it, it allows for a quick getaway and works almost all the time. Beware, not to stay under the Dozer too long as it will crush you into the ground with its heavy weight and then you will die instantly. The key is to keep moving in order for this tip to be successful. Good luck! :cool:
    I agree with mike and i also do that with the mantis which is the most bad @$$ car....sry i just love the mantis withthe teir 4 missles and thats how you make the earliest car in the game to become the most cautionouse car to be around,just be careful about those missles from opponents as they will make you stay in the air,but as i was saying also add the heat seeker but thats premium consumable.....its worth it.

Now i keep getting off topic but also a really funny way to make a dozer go nuts is that i found if the dozer doesnt have the power to go forward than it will shift into reverse for a breif second,so when your on a track with a cliff your best option of barely getting hurt is that you get the consumable missle knockback so the dozer will keep on backing up to the legde although i chose to use man power and deal with the dozer using fire power this is how i used to battle dozers and win before i spent 10$:)

hope this helped and youll beat my @$$ so my @$$ doesnt exist
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • apejiapeji Registered Users 10 Posts
    The good thing about shooter is when you take the 2x damage boost and being low on health at once you get an extremely high damage for 10 seconds = 4x of your basic damage, i like when it happens, tho have to be careful with it
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    Why when I have 4x damage i just tank other players
    Taking them down with me lol
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER