Idea...new mode called "Indestructible"

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
Just a thought but how about a new mode called "Indestructible" similar to "Death Match?"

The mode would consist of 4 gold players who would have to battle it out. One kill and you are out. Last player "standing" so to speak is the victor! For players who lose, they have the option of continuing to watch the rest of the game to see who wins if they choose. Any player who quits this mode, no matter what the reason would be penalized a loss. The leader board for "Indestructible" mode would give titles, as a reward, to these most Indestructible players with the option to be challenged by others. This mode would be reserved only for Gold players who have reached level 30. Any thoughts?
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER

Comments

• DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Ok so I know you to be a good player, one that bests me the majority of our matches. I enter this match to engage you only when you are engaged by others, my strategy is to allow others maneuverability and action at your expense to knock you out early and to gain an advantage. How do you compensate for this type of warfare?
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Ok so I know you to be a good player, one that bests me the majority of our matches. I enter this match to engage you only when you are engaged by others, my strategy is to allow others maneuverability and action at your expense to knock you out early and to gain an advantage. How do you compensate for this type of warfare?

You nailed it. For the players that have earned the "Indestructible" title/badge, they will most likely expect the extra double teaming or even triple teaming against them because they will be "wanted" so to speak by the other players. For these "Indestructible" players, they will have their work cut out for them as they will have to continue maintaining the high degree of skill to keep their title. That means they will have to use their skill coupled with the right vehicle and vehicle set up to get the job done. Maybe the player chooses the Mantis for speed to escape these type of situations or maybe they elect to use something like the Demolisher or Dozer for endurance and scrap it out. It should be noted that with every loss a player accrues in the "Indestructible" mode means not only a loss of 15 influence points but it will also lead to an eventual demotion to other lower titles similar to how when a player is at silver gets to gold for a few rounds then loses and goes back to silver again. Maybe the title/badge right below "Indestructible" would be something like "Elite." There will be a lot of incentive for players to win in this mode, mainly the bragging rights to say they are one of the best Indestructible players and anyone who wants to challenge the best must beware. :)

For the other players who are not titled "Indestructible" yet, as you said, this may be their strategy which is to act like a team temporarily to get the best player and biggest threat out first and then battle it out for themselves, kind of like the WWF Battle Royale. Of course, this will all depend and change with each and every game which is why no two games will be alike. For players, who are in clans already they will have an easier time helping each other in the beginning because they can identify themselves quickly and no what business needs to be taken care of first, if you now what I mean, Ddannen? :rolleyes:

If anyone else, is reading this, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Hey, Glamazon, if you are reading this, is there any chance you could share this idea with any of the developers for a future update?
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • AshwinAshwin Registered Users 28 Posts
    Great Idea
    Ashwin wrote: »
    Great Idea

Thanks...hope Glu can do something like this in the future. I think it would generate a lot of great competititon.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    Mile, I sure hope this idea comes to fruition as it should also auto generate 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 combat which will really test the best. This could really be a game changer.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
    Ddannen wrote: »
    Mile, I sure hope this idea comes to fruition as it should also auto generate 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 combat which will really test the best. This could really be a game changer.

Yes, I think so. Now we just have to hope that the Glu developers will see this thread and agree with us.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • jomateixtujomateixtu Registered Users 132 Posts
    Good idea mike!i like very much.keep it up.
    Qui no guarda quan te no menja quan vol
  • LimeLime Registered Users 3 Posts
    Another great idea would be to include a new power-up. On that would increase your speed by 10% or maybe 15% for 10 seconds. Or something that would give you 5% chance to gain 15% armor back for 10 seconds.
  • POLEREX_11POLEREX_11 Registered Users 195 Posts
    Lime
    I really like your idea of a new power up,mike that sounds like a great idea lime i thought that a new powerup should make you industructable for a brief seconds and that it should be right in the middle of the field so that the first one is the indusctructable person,but like I said for a brief second
    MUAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    That would be awesome.
    Love the idea. Kind of remind me of The Hunger Games.
    Although what I do highly agree, highly recommend is that glu games puts a new power up I to the game,but its gatta be fresh,lime said there should be speed but that wouldn't be much use for the cars mantis and such,my idea of being indusctructable for a brief second just didnt make sence.....it wouldn't be fair
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    what about "bully dozer"

pretty much its a 3 on 1 where the 1 is a dozer that does double damage and has double health

or something similar
    that would sound fun but how would the player pick his weapon and wouldnt he be forced to pick a dozer?
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
  • mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    just a random pick of a dozer i guess, with there current loadout
    hmmm than i guess that sounds kinda interesting,but what i think that would sound kinda fun is if there was a game mode called nuclear charge,this sounds complicated and would need wwaaaaayyyyy bigger maps!but u are randomly spawned in a map where everyone has the same amount of distance to this charge,the first person to the charge holds it and becomes very voulnerable and slower,but must manage to take it to a random spot spawned before you die!
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    kinda got this off of death match,recover the charge and capture the flag combined
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER
    Lime wrote: »
    Another great idea would be to include a new power-up. On that would increase your speed by 10% or maybe 15% for 10 seconds. Or something that would give you 5% chance to gain 15% armor back for 10 seconds.

Love this idea bro! And I think this would be such an easy thing for Glu to make this simple change.

GLU, please use these ideas in a new UPDATE or INDESTRUCTIBLE II game!!!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    mthead wrote: »
    what about "bully dozer"

pretty much its a 3 on 1 where the 1 is a dozer that does double damage and has double health

or something similar

Well then heck, I want to be the Dozer with the double damage! Bring it on. :)
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    POLEREX_11 wrote: »
    hmmm than i guess that sounds kinda interesting,but what i think that would sound kinda fun is if there was a game mode called nuclear charge,this sounds complicated and would need wwaaaaayyyyy bigger maps!but u are randomly spawned in a map where everyone has the same amount of distance to this charge,the first person to the charge holds it and becomes very voulnerable and slower,but must manage to take it to a random spot spawned before you die!

POLEREX11, this sounds similar to an idea that Ddannen and I came up with a few months ago in another post, but I do like the idea. It would definitely be a challenge.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
    dang it dapper,u took the idea :( lol ill see what i can make up of only using myself and i
    [S&ACo.™]PLEGDEMASTER